Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Betrayal for Power Weapons

OP ZedsDead ll

So, miniature rant here...

Queue up for a big team battle. Grab the sniper at the beginning. On a killing spree, doing pretty well for myself. Suddenly out of nowhere I'm being unloaded on. I turn around just in time to see my teammate kill me, take the sniper, then continue to t-bag me. Great, whatever. I ignore him, respawn, actually get my hands on another sniper rifle. He was nearby, shoots me down again and takes the ammo. Im prompted to kick him so I do. I continue playing and what's this?? His buddy was in the game (He was shooting at me too) so here he is once again! He actually came and found me, betrayed me for a third freaking time shortly before the game ended... I MEAN COMMON

Betraying a teammate for a power weapon is obviously a common issue, can't tell you how many times I'm killed in breakout over a battle rifle/dmr. I really don't want to see friendly fire turned off but some of these kiddos playing this game are so -Yoinking!- toxic. Think it would be hard to implement a system where it detects "OH, this guy unloaded on his teammate for literally 100% of the damage. You're out, enjoy the half hour ban? Maybe don't include explosives or explosive weapons? The betrayal factor is pretty freaking annoying.

Anyone care to share their bad experiences with playing with kiddos?
I'm finding a lot of people are being smarter about it and using the ability to push people out of cover or damage you a little bit and letting the enemy kill you
I'm finding a lot of people are being smarter about it and using the ability to push people out of cover or damage you a little bit and letting the enemy kill you
Yeah true that, I've had people in breakout shoot me with their smg a couple bullets at a time so I'm sitting there with no health until the two guys actually playing get overwhelmed then we both get trained.
People just like to be sour about not getting the power weapon, if they actually planned a quicker route or were prepped for its drop then it wouldn't happen. Had people just shoot at me that are on my team for no reason, don't even have a power weapon, just basic ones..
YES THIS IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET HATES. The main issue i have is when people brag about their KD's but this is mainly because they kill for the BR in breakout and then get like all the kills due to them having the long range weapon which beats the magnum and obviously the SMG, but shamefully we cant make it 1 betrayal youre out because an accidental grenade and an Idiot who cant accept the accident. Its just something people should deal with and not betray for a gun and then show off. Its pathetic.
Every time this happens I think "welcome to Reach" I played thousands H2/3 games and never noticed this behaviour, then Reach came and I saw this happen a lot.
It's always been part of halo, unfortunately. You've just got to play you way through it.

There should be a way to report it.
The dude getting back in the btb game almost immediately really threw me off >.<

I almost hate to say it but I honestly think this game would be better without friendly fire. It adds in intensity but at the same time it seems so pointless. At least in BTB.
Every time this happens I think "welcome to Reach" I played thousands H2/3 games and never noticed this behaviour, then Reach came and I saw this happen a lot.
I actually think this is true, friend of mine was always amazing with the sniper and whenever he was using it people would just randomly kill him for it and let me tell you.. They were not the best.. So yeah probably the same people with the same mindset?
I actually think this is true, friend of mine was always amazing with the sniper and whenever he was using it people would just randomly kill him for it and let me tell you.. They were not the best.. So yeah probably the same people with the same mindset?
It's not even the mindset in my eyes. It's the ability to simply betray your allies with no repercussions to further your own personal K/D in the game despite the outcome of the game. I just don't understand why friendly fire would be placed in a game like BTB where it is as casual as people joining midgame. INCLUDING PEOPLE who were already kicked!!! The likelihood of getting a nut-job in BTB is a lot higher than Arena/Slayer assuming you have 3-4 friends you play with consistently online. I mean even breakout/swat. I would not be disappointed if friendly fire was taken out of breakout. It's a lot more bearable in Arena/Slayer but getting shot in the back of the head in swat from the ally who is currently 1-14 is a swift kick in the nuts. Grabbing that BR in breakout only to be spartan charged from behind is even worse.
I wish I could punch people in the face through their tv.
Sounds like my friends brother. Literally stopped playing with him due to these mini temper tantrums. Id report him for unsportsmanslike conduct or something.
Back in Halo 4, people used to do that to me with a boltshot and they kept chasing me around until the enemy team just killed me and they got the weapon anyways.
Sounds like my friends brother. Literally stopped playing with him due to these mini temper tantrums. Id report him for unsportsmanslike conduct or something.
I always do, it only takes a second. Report leavers/betrayers. I assume this just gives them a negative percentage on their gamer profile? I mean I doubt they care but meh... Other games don't have this issue due to loadouts but I don't want to see another halo with loadouts. This is what makes Halo amazing. Each map, location, gametype is a different strategy.
Every time this happens I think "welcome to Reach" I played thousands H2/3 games and never noticed this behavior, then Reach came and I saw this happen a lot.
I noticed in h3 too, actually when an feel being a a** I did a lot of times off course I got kick off the match a lot of times but some other I stayed. (not proud of it but fun to do once in a while )
there is no place for education or good manners in video games, I would like to have a more accurate kick off system.

in my 5 months playing the game (Rank 145) I had the option to kick off a player just 2 times, 2 times ! that is nothing and I have been betrayed at least 10 times, those that I literally hear the guy saying "betrayed" and not those where the enemy takes the last shots.

back in H3 that was a normal day
It's definitely a social playlist thing. You get all the people warming up for ranked and people just wanting to mess around. That wouldn't fly in ranked lol.
woah, this is the first time in awhile I've seen a marine bump a dead thread instead of a recruit.

But seriously, sometimes dead is better, just make a new thread.
It's a core problem with Halo but it has no easy counter. It basically impossible to regulate and it's annoying as hell. It's part of the reason I play Warzone instead.

Edit: Didn't realise this was a revived thread. My bad.
Let's play firefight, so all this guys get killed by a simple grunt and you're safely watching them and using your sniper from a long distance.