Big team battle has been refreshed with maps

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
is it me or does the framerate drop on these refreshed btb maps?
Yes, it's been said that it's a rendering bug that's being looked into.
I like the new maps, its nice to see. hopefully action sack will get new maps soon
this is just embarrassing. Instead of giving us new btb maps they give us forged maps. Even worse, some of these are just remixes of the same forge maps.
They gave us four brand new maps. It doesn't matter how they were made, they are still maps. Grow up.
So let's just replace every halo multiplayer map in the future with forge maps. No 343 maps at all. If i want to play forge maps i will go into custom games. I don't want forge maps in multiplayer. That is nothing but lazy game development.
Literally half of Reach's maps are forged and a good chunk of forge maps were introduced in Halo 3 and Halo 4 yet you have no problems with that I bet.
"Past halo games did it therefor it is okay". No, it makes it even worse. It means 343 could have learned from the mistakes of past halo games, but they didn't. Just because a past halo made the same mistake doesn't excuse halo 5. it makes it worse.
What's so bad about them? It gives community members a chance to show their skills at making maps. Plus forge maps can be updated based on feedback from players. Look at Recurve now compared to before. It's a whole new map. Stop being so closed-minded and grow up.
You're right. In fact, the campaign should be replaced entirely by community campaign missions, the music should be entirely community made, all assets and weapons should be community made. Don't be so close minded. In fact the community should do all the work. This is nothing but lazy game development. Simple as that, i don't pay for a game the developers can't even be -Yoinked!- to complete so they can just let the fans do all the work for them. We haven't had a single official btb map so far. We can play forge maps all we want in customs, leave them out of multiplayer. Simple
Do you have any idea how involved 343 actually is in implementing these new maps? They playtest them, provide feedback, and work with the forgers to constantly reiterate and refine the maps just like they would with any maps made internally. Those of us that make the maps and work with 343 to get them into matchmaking work just as hard as any other designer to insure that our maps function just as well as any dev map would. We design the map, build it, test it, take feedback into account, rebuild and change the map, test it some more and so on and so on for months on end. In the meantime, 343 is working on updating the game and creating their own content for it, as well as assisting the forgers with their maps. To dismiss forge maps simply because they were made by people who don't work for 343 is simply ignorant.
They should refresh community action sack too so it would be more repayable.
TimeDipper wrote:
TimeDipper wrote:
Wooohoooo! My baby made it in! (Dispelled) :D
Was your map supposed to be played with pistol starts?
Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts.
Then why is it BR and AR starts in the current matchmaking. That's something that's always puzzled me, some maps play alright with Br starts, but then some maps just would play better with mag and ar starts. Did you have any say in what the starting weapons would be or did you inform 343 that you designed the map for mag and ar starts?
Most of us in the Forge community design for AR/Magnum starts because it is a more balanced gametype and works better with the Halo 5 sandbox. In fact, the initial BTB maps (the ones started by Cartographers and finished by 343) were tested with Magnum starts before the game even came out. The second and third waves of maps were also all tested with magnum starts. We're trying to rally enough support for Magnum starts, and do everything in our power to show 343 that they are preferable to BR starts. Creating maps that play better with Magnums means that BRs will break those maps, thus putting more and more pressure on 343 to look into switching to Magnum starts.
Thanks for the reply. I encourage you and others that created the BTB maps to bring this topic up on the forums and reddit page by putting together a poll and feedback from the creators of all the BTB maps. To get 343's attention. This topic has to DOMINATE both the reddit and waypoints front page for 343 to see it. If Ar/Magnum starts are to be seen in matchmaking. I also heard they tested it when multi team was out, but that's not a accurate test if it would work for BTB. BTB.net had hosted a rexent tourney where BTB was played at the highest level and the skilled players all agree that ar/mangum starts are the way to go.
TimeDipper wrote:
TimeDipper wrote:
Then why is it BR and AR starts in the current matchmaking. That's something that's always puzzled me, some maps play alright with Br starts, but then some maps just would play better with mag and ar starts. Did you have any say in what the starting weapons would be or did you inform 343 that you designed the map for mag and ar starts?
Most of us in the Forge community design for AR/Magnum starts because it is a more balanced gametype and works better with the Halo 5 sandbox. In fact, the initial BTB maps (the ones started by Cartographers and finished by 343) were tested with Magnum starts before the game even came out. The second and third waves of maps were also all tested with magnum starts. We're trying to rally enough support for Magnum starts, and do everything in our power to show 343 that they are preferable to BR starts. Creating maps that play better with Magnums means that BRs will break those maps, thus putting more and more pressure on 343 to look into switching to Magnum starts.
Thanks for the reply. I encourage you and others that created the BTB maps to bring this topic up on the forums and reddit page by putting together a poll and feedback from the creators of all the BTB maps. To get 343's attention. This topic has to DOMINATE both the reddit and waypoints front page for 343 to see it.
I think they know, I sure hope they know anyways. Regardless it's dumb on 343 to make it a BR start if they see the maps were made specifically for magnum starts. If they just don't see the issue then I don't know what to think of their decisions when it comes to changes to the game. Having the BR be a pickup is fine, but it just destroys btb if it's a starting weapon for everyone.
TimeDipper wrote:
TimeDipper wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I encourage you and others that created the BTB maps to bring this topic up on the forums and reddit page by putting together a poll and feedback from the creators of all the BTB maps. To get 343's attention. This topic has to DOMINATE both the reddit and waypoints front page for 343 to see it.
I think they know, I sure hope they know anyways. Regardless it's dumb on 343 to make it a BR start if they see the maps were made specifically for magnum starts. If they just don't see the issue then I don't know what to think of their decisions when it comes to changes to the game. Having the BR be a pickup is fine, but it just destroys btb if it's a starting weapon for everyone.
The
TimeDipper wrote:
TimeDipper wrote:
I strongly believe it's because this topic isn't brought up nearly as much as it should. Like if we as a community constantly posted this topic on reddit and the waypoint, then it would be seen as something 343 would have to reply to. I encourage you to make a topic about this and tell others to do the same, I will also be bringing this topic up from time to time. The more we see this on reddit and waypoint, the more 343 will be pressured to giving us an answer. Especially considering the maps were meant for magnum/ar starts
I love the new map Dispelled it's probably my favorite :3
TryHardFan wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
Unearthed is interesting to say the least. The biggest problem however comes with the lifts in each team base that everyone spawns in. Right now, the red lift gives you direct access to laser, but the blue lift only takes you to top mid at the moment. I'm really hoping the forger can move laser to actually be on top mid instead of the position it's at right now. Also, there is great potential for running flags individually, but I won't go too in depth on that (and the same goes for Eagle Square).
First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts about this Community Update. Just to clarify about the point you made of Unearthed: Yes, Red Team has Spartan Laser at their side of the excavator, but maybe you didn't notice the plasma pistol at Blue's side. That balance the first rush because Spartan Laser is an anti-personnel and anti-vehicle with one hit kill and 3 seconds charge. Plasma Pistols disables shileds and vehicles, giving time to put extra damage on them. Both of them have their handicaps. :)
Where exactly is the plasma pistol located at blue team's side?
Next to the bodies of your teammates that died to the Spartan Laser.
The refreshes are fantabulous!! Boulevard is beautiful, Altar is glorious, and Viking is beast!! Overall, the quality on each of them is great and makes them feel more like real maps rather then just a bunch of featureless blocks stacked on each other. Thank you 343 Industries, you never cease to amaze me :D
The spawns are still awful.
I can't believe they added a whole freaking sniper tower to Basin. It was needed.
Okay I think I've played enough of each map to form an opinion for each of them so I'll share it and some feedback here! I'll start off with Entombed and other maps like it where there weren't any major changes to the map itself outside of looking prettier then progress through the maps based on their changes and eventually getting to the new maps.

1. Entombed - Entombed's aesthetic changes are probably the biggest in the update and easily the most ambitious of the bunch. Entombed is no longer a lunar-esque map with sleek metal and pretty lights. Now, the map is set in a tropical region with the buildings taking the form of ancient ruins now. Oh and the entire map was moved from Parallax to Tidal using prefabs. Yeah. Most of the map's layout is the same however, the presence of the woodland warthogs are greatly appreciated as it allows them to last longer against the infantry. Entombed was already a great map but now it's even better and Ducain has done a great job with it.
  2. Altar - The remake of Sandtrap continues to be a great CTF and slayer map and one of the few maps where the Warthogs (or at least the rocket variant) have an actual use. The map looks even better with the gold trims and the addition of the Beserker's Claw hunter arm is a welcome addition as well. It's still Altar, it's just that now it's got more gold.
  3. Boulevard - This was one of my favorite Slayer maps to come from the second wave of BTB maps and it continues to do so with the addition of a great forged skybox and more green added to the map. Small corners and curves that were once boring sidewalks are now home to trees and greens. Meanwhile, looking up will now introduce you to a beautiful city skybox excellently crafted in forge. The best addition would probably have to be the Hog billboard! Aside from the new Gunfighter magnum being present on the map and, if I recall, the addition of the urban warthogs, not much else has changed to the map. And that's fine.
  4. Guillotine - Guillotine has already been updated a few times but now it takes advantage of the materials feature and features everyone's favorite Superintendent! The buildings look like they are their own structure, not just a bunch of forge blocks in the shape of a Headlong remake. Guillotine is still one of my favorite maps to play on and the only thing that would improve it is the addition of One Flag and One Bomb to it's supported asymmetrical gametypes but sadly asymmetrical are impossible in Halo 5 right now. The plasma caster is also a great addition to the map and works perfectly with Strongholds!
  5. Fracture - The map has become darker and features the Sword ghosts and some weapon changes but outside of that it's still Fracture and that's not a bad thing as this is one of my favorite BTB maps.
  6. Eagle Square - Outside of the top courtyard, a new raised route on the sides of the bases and the overshield and SPNKR switching places, not much has changed from this map. And like the others, that's not a bad thing. Eagle Square is one of my favorite CTF maps and the small changes made have been great. Sadly, BR starts ruin the map and magnum starts would be great for it.
  7. Deadlock - Comedy. That's all I have to say. Beach chairs are all over the bases now. Outside of that I haven't noticed a lot of change. Still needs magnum starts but I enjoy Deadlock.
  8. Basin - The map has gotten a lot of polish and they are very welcome. A pelican now sits on top of the middle tower and Red base now has a nice deck looking over the edge of the map. The biggest addition is that of the sniper towers to each of the base. They are very fun to use and people using the snipers or hydras on them can be taken down easily. Outside of the towers, there's not much else that's all that different.
  9. Scavenger - It's still Scavenger but now it looks much more like a crash site! It continues to be a great map that both looks and plays well! I think a few of the debris platforms that make up the top parts of the maps have been changed a bit but they could've always been like that.
  10. Viking - The BR is going to have a tough time now! Rocks and structural support for the infamous wall have been added to counter the damned BR starts 343i forces onto the BTB maps. The railgun is now a plasma caster and wraiths have been added! While still rare to play due to it being a CTF only map, it's now fun to play on it. Though I don't know how I feel about the Guass hog. Maybe place a normal Warthog variant on there instead. Sword maybe? It'd be interesting.
  11. Recurve - The most hated BTB map next to Antifreeze, Recurve has gone through a lot of change. The bases have been redone, top mid tweaked, and the overall flow of the map has changed for the better. The middle area is now one giant lowered area that can lead to very fun gameplay with vehicles and infantry. A sniper replaced the Guass hog and a gravity hammer sits under the bridge along with the new location for a stronghold. Wraiths, warthogs, and ghosts can move throughout much of the map with ease and made them fun to use. Meanwhile top mid has been rendered almost useless due to the new location of the sniper rifle and becoming easier to counter the fire coming from there. The bases remain mostly the same save for the back and the removal of the grav lift in favor of crates. It's a fun map now and that's all I have to say.
  12. Antifreeze - Bases are now identical, middle has vents, it's darker and snowing, and some of the weapons have been moved around to try to improve the experience. And while it certainly did, it's still the worst of the bunch.
  13. Estuary - Holy crap this is my new favorite BTB map. CTF is so great on there and the ghosts have plenty of use despite the limited terrain that favors vehicles. The banshees are also very fun on this map and the ancient Delta Halo-esque ruins work wonderfully with Halo 4's Requiem mission's rocky yet lush terrain. Blue Rampart is probably my favorite camping spot with the camo, hyrda, and silenced SMG all being located there. Great fun for hydra fans like me.
  14. Dispelled - Alpha Halo's open and green environment finally comes back to Halo multiplayer! This map is just amazing! It's a true BTB map where infantry and vehicles clash! I just wish it'd come up more often and maybe make the center bridges into hardlight ones. All I can say about this map is that it's amazing. It's BTB. It's Halo.
  15. Unearthed - The Titanfall fan inside me was really excited to see this map. It took the giant tower aspect of Reach's Spire and applied it to Meridian's colony look but sadly suffers from the sight lines that allow for cross map shooting from BRs and the mining excavator. The bottom part of this map is also rather boring, being just a giant dirt bowl with some buildings on the sides. It's a shame because it'd be a great maps, it just needs magnum starts. Wasps are fun at least.
  16. Traffic Jam - I'm not sure this map even exists because it refuses to show up for me.
I don't know if it's known, but there is a minor issue on Fracture. On red side, there is an icicle that hangs too low and you can run into it causing you to come out of sprint which is annoying. It's located underneath that little walkway by the two glass windows where the flag spawns on the initial spawning side of the map.

My other issue is Estuary. Why did someone think it would be a good idea to put two Banshees on a smaller BTB map? Do they not realize how easy it is for it to snowball if the enemy gets both Banshees? Have fun playing that map when you have a lesser skilled team. It's basically turns into a slaughter.

Dispelled - Alpha Halo's open and green environment finally comes back to Halo multiplayer! This map is just amazing! It's a true BTB map where infantry and vehicles clash! I just wish it'd come up more often and maybe make the center bridges into hardlight ones. All I can say about this map is that it's amazing. It's BTB. It's Halo.
You just made my day! Thanks for that! :D
TimeDipper wrote:
Dispelled - Alpha Halo's open and green environment finally comes back to Halo multiplayer! This map is just amazing! It's a true BTB map where infantry and vehicles clash! I just wish it'd come up more often and maybe make the center bridges into hardlight ones. All I can say about this map is that it's amazing. It's BTB. It's Halo.
I'm serious about the hardlight bridges, I'd like to see those on more maps. Plus I think it'd really tie everything together and really give the classic Halo vibe. Maybe even test the ability toggle them on and off? It'd bring a nice dynamic element to BTB that many maps are lacking. Plus it'd be fun to troll the guy with the incineration cannon by watching him fall in front of a scorpion.

Otherwise, this map is perfect. You even have bloody teleporters on the map in a time where they're almost like a forgotten technology.
TimeDipper wrote:
I'm serious about the hardlight bridges, I'd like to see those on more maps. Plus I think it'd really tie everything together and really give the classic Halo vibe. Maybe even test the ability toggle them on and off? It'd bring a nice dynamic element to BTB that many maps are lacking. Plus it'd be fun to troll the guy with the incineration cannon by watching him fall in front of a scorpion.

Otherwise, this map is perfect. You even have bloody teleporters on the map in a time where they're almost like a forgotten technology.
I will consider the hardlight bridges for a future update. I too like the idea of dynamic elements in BTB, though I have a feeling the incineration cannon guy will probably get to you first before you even get the chance to turn it off. I can certainly look into it though. ;)
Any news on whether or not the frame rate issues are going to be fixed. I really can't enjoy big team at all in its current state which is a shame as the maps now look fantastic and seem to be really well designed. The frame rate drops just make it unplayable for me.
ThatClem wrote:
Any news on whether or not the frame rate issues are going to be fixed. I really can't enjoy big team at all in its current state which is a shame as the maps now look fantastic and seem to be really well designed. The frame rate drops just make it unplayable for me.
I just player unearthed and noticed no frame rate difference or anything
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11