Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Biggest frustrations in matchmaking?

OP A R C A S I U S

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Would love to hear peoples biggest grievances in Halo 5 :matchmaking p

My biggest pet peeve is when the enemy team in BTB is rolling around with the gaus hog racking up 10-20-30-40 kills in a row. But when I drive the gaus hog around trying to get a gunner nobody jumps on! I'll be driving around for minutes at a time stopping next to teammates and they'll melee the hog and just walk away and then die from the enemy hog lol. Absolute worst. But I do get a niggle of satisfaction when they die straight after rejecting my offer to give them easy kills by being my gunner on the most OP vehicle in the game.

Go
Most frustrating thing? Probably how bad I still am at the game.
Second most frustrating thing is when a group of team mates shoulder charge your vehicle until it flips you are forced out and they steal it, drive off, and die.
Three things stand out for me. J.I.P. & As a solo player, being matched with people who don't know how to play objective maps, or getting matched against full fireteams. Honestly, I feel the solution for fireteams is to put half on the opposing side. Solos & randoms would stand a better chance, & you can't honestly argue that playing against your friends & buddies is bad.
when my teammates betray me or are very bad players
I hate when someone quits when the match begins.
Three things stand out for me. J.I.P. & As a solo player, being matched with people who don't know how to play objective maps, or getting matched against full fireteams. Honestly, I feel the solution for fireteams is to put half on the opposing side. Solos & randoms would stand a better chance, & you can't honestly argue that playing against your friends & buddies is bad.
Nah wouldn't work. It would be fun but wouldnt work
If I wanna try with a full team then I can't. Don't get me wrong I'm not some sweaty no life who only plays to rank but at times I do like trying in comp or cas
JIP... One game I waited in the lobby got dropped in a game as it was ending. Saw nothing on the screen at all, ended up back at the lobby got a DNF.
Biggest Halo 5 MM frustration: Everything in this game is too team-oriented. Where is the FFA playlist with 10 or 12 people on a BTB map? Where is the solo firefight game mode?
Loosing 30 CSR because the smurf on the other team was ranked plat and facing a top 20 champ squad when I'm matching solo.

I know 343 is working on these issues but they will continue to drive me nuts untill there is a solution.
Iam mean and say I have the biggest issues with other players.
So frustrating what some people do.
One major flaw with splitting up a fireteam like that is boosting/throwing. The players on one team would just throw the match and let their friends rack up kills, then they'd just take turns doing that each match.
Would love to hear peoples biggest grievances in Halo 5 :matchmaking p

My biggest pet peeve is when the enemy team in BTB is rolling around with the gaus hog racking up 10-20-30-40 kills in a row. But when I drive the gaus hog around trying to get a gunner nobody jumps on! I'll be driving around for minutes at a time stopping next to teammates and they'll melee the hog and just walk away and then die from the enemy hog lol. Absolute worst. But I do get a niggle of satisfaction when they die straight after rejecting my offer to give them easy kills by being my gunner on the most OP vehicle in the game.

Go
This happened to me a little while ago in WZFF. No one would get in my ONI Warthog and be my gunner while constantly being slaughtered on foot by pretty much every kind of enemy (enemy ghosts, elites, jackals, hunters, etc.).

Being matched against teams and JIP to a screen that says DEFEAT are probably my biggest issues with matchmaking.
DoubleSama wrote:
One major flaw with splitting up a fireteam like that is boosting/throwing. The players on one team would just throw the match and let their friends rack up kills, then they'd just take turns doing that each match.
There's just no justice for solo players.
Biggest gripe would be betrayers. Having a teammate follow me around while shooting me is beyond aggravating. Most of the time it's some brand new player that has no idea what they're doing.

Second would be JIP'ing into already losing unwinnable games especially when the game is at a point where no one should be JIP'ing into it. It's such a waste of time.

Third is teammates who don't know how to play Firefight. Yay, let's all shoot the round 5 bosses with our loadout weapons. What's a vehicle? Ughh.

Fourth is the servers. You warp me right round, baby. Right round like a teleport, baby. Right round round round.

Fifth is all the playlists could use some new maps.
Smurf accounts. Microsoft and 343 need to come up with a way to identify and ban them. If I can recognize one as soon as I see it, they should be able to as well.
I hate when someone quits when the match begins.
Any kind of quitting is totally disgusting
Biggest frustrations in matchmaking?
Well for me this would be the random teammates that the 343 Industries Focused search gives me. The game has made it easy for you:
  1. Radar: The enemy is a RED DOT.
  2. Even if you mute players/in a party chat/ have no mic, the game literally gives you call outs of action.(but what if you have no sound? read below)
  3. Action is indicated as teammate icons appear yellow.
  4. Dead players (possibly could have been saved if you notice the yellow action) appear as A RED X indicating where player died, and high chance of enemy activity.
Yet, most soloqueue games I enter my teammates have no sense of map awareness. I do not expect anyone to be perfect, I am far from perfect. I would like teammates to participate in the objective and pay attention. I have recorded dozens of clips where I would get an opponent down to absolute and literally my teammate will just crouch/die from being turned around/run blindly like Leeroy Jenkins. I use a mic and 95% of the time, people with mics hooked up will not respond. I'm not sure if this is a fear thing like stranger danger, but at this point the game literally spoon feeds you where to go. Yet unawareness still can't be eradicated.

TLDR;
Can't fix stupid, biggest frustration are my random teammates.
The problem for me now is the same problem it has always been: horrible skill matching by the Halo/XboxLive system in Matchmaking. It's still consistently so bad that I wonder why I even bother to play anymore. One game my team is so strong we win by 40 points, the next three games I can't get a kill, repeat, repeat, repeat. How the hell can they call that matching skills between teams? I'm 60 years old and have been playing Halo since they called it Marathon. I've only played like maybe five different games over those 23 years and my Halo hours played is by far the highest percentage. In all those hours and days played, Matchmaking still regularly puts me against people who are probably 15 years old and have skills and reflexes I will never possess. Surely the game metrics clearly show what my abilities are. Why does it put me against these gamers with "mad skilz"?

Please make it stop.
Getting randomly disconnected from the dedicated server... So infuriating!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2