Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Biggest frustrations in matchmaking?

OP A R C A S I U S

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
1) I live in a laggy area, but combined with H5's lag yesterday it took five infected about thirty seconds to hit me because I kept teleporting back and forth.
Spoiler:
Show
2) My favorite vehicles are Ghosts, they're cheap, quick, and effective, I hate when I attempt to splatter someone and instead of them dying my Ghost's just turns into an acrobat and does flips until it throws me out, usually resulting in me being killed and it being stolen.
SnoFox wrote:
Biggest frustrations in matchmaking?Well for me this would be the random teammates that the 343 Industries Focused search gives me. The game has made it easy for you:
  1. Radar: The enemy is a RED DOT.
  2. Even if you mute players/in a party chat/ have no mic, the game literally gives you call outs of action.(but what if you have no sound? read below)
  3. Action is indicated as teammate icons appear yellow.
  4. Dead players (possibly could have been saved if you notice the yellow action) appear as A RED X indicating where player died, and high chance of enemy activity.
Yet, most soloqueue games I enter my teammates have no sense of map awareness. I do not expect anyone to be perfect, I am far from perfect. I would like teammates to participate in the objective and pay attention. I have recorded dozens of clips where I would get an opponent down to absolute and literally my teammate will just crouch/die from being turned around/run blindly like Leeroy Jenkins. I use a mic and 95% of the time, people with mics hooked up will not respond. I'm not sure if this is a fear thing like stranger danger, but at this point the game literally spoon feeds you where to go. Yet unawareness still can't be eradicated.

TLDR;
Can't fix stupid, biggest frustration are my random teammates.
I feel you on so many levels.

Last night I was holding the flag in our base. Couldnt cap cause home flag was away. Could see on radar 3 enemies on top of me on the roof so I'm practically screaming for 1-2 minutes for some support as all 7 teammates were just playing slayer on the other side of the map. I can only crouch around so much until I'm eventually found so when I die inevitably, a teammate FINALLY comes along with a rocket launcher, gets a triple kill on the enemies who just killed me and then... walks right past the flag without picking it up. The flag eventually times out and returns and the enemy wins. I had to turn off my xbox and go cool off lol. Could not believe the stupidity.
Limeshake wrote:
1) I live in a laggy area, but combined with H5's lag yesterday it took five infected about thirty seconds to hit me because I kept teleporting back and forth.
Spoiler:
Show
2) My favorite vehicles are Ghosts, they're cheap, quick, and effective, I hate when I attempt to splatter someone and instead of them dying my Ghost's just turns into an acrobat and does flips until it throws me out, usually resulting in me being killed and it being stolen.
How bad is it!

I'll splatter someone at FULL SPEED, like going 100 miles an hour full boost, slam into an enemy, expect the satisfying SPLAT!... but no, somehow I get hijacked??? WHAT?!
Probably running into some players who are fooling around and not contributing to the team, as well as grinding those stubborn commendations.
People who teabag, people who betray u just for getting the power weapon, or for no reason
Constant bad match-ups and quitting in arena.
Biggest frustration is definitely being put on foreign server games, so sick of playing against Americans who trash talk after the game. On a fair connection I would probably wipe the floor with them.

Other than that, it's people with dodgy -Yoink- connections, and my own dodgy -Yoink- connection (it's a decent connection but occasionally has jitter) creating inconsistencies. bullets being absorbed, slight teleportation, glitch strafing etc etc all give them a slight advantage sometimes enough to put you on tilt.

So yeah, lag.
How annoying is it when you're camping the sniper which is about to spawn in 20 seconds or so, you sit on it for ages and then 5 seconds to spawn you get a teammate come along, shoulder charge you to push you off the spawn and then grabs it? Or when you're sitting around waiting for a vehicle to spawn, you look around for a second to spot any enemies and when you turn back the vehicle is getting manned by a teammate that just spawned next to it? Absolute worst lol.
Team up with friends and communicate
The fact that grifball now matches like it's ranked.
I can't find matches and when I do it's with 7 other tryhards.
Gball mm was where I went when I didn't want to have to go tryhard to get some wins. I didn't mind finding full teams here and there to shake things up, but if I wanted to play a sweaty match, I'd go over to customs where people are always ready for grif-sweat.

Yes I know that sounds like I'm just complaining about not being able to pub-stomp lesser players, but hell I would run solo a lot and couldn't always get the win on my own. All around grifball is better social. If you're gonna make it match like ranked you might as well give us ranks.

Same goes for fiesta and big team that I used to play. I honestly have no desire to play them anymore because I know I'll get only tryhards. It isn't fun at that point. And those were pretty much the only playlists I played anymore.
Sometimes in Arena, my dad will have to wait over 15 minutes to join a match, and it may even time out. He gets a little frustrated with this so he just ends up playing Warzone Firefight again and again. I never had any of these issues, but only recently I've been starting to get longer and longer load times for Arena, too. It's annoying. I hope something can be done about it soon.
I hate those little bumps on some walls that are completely unnoticeable in regular gameplay until you are in an important engagement and you are trying to strafe or walk backwards and suddenly you just stop for literally no reason at all and then realize that that little tiny bump in the wall has stopped you from moving through the wide open doorway or down the perfectly empty hallway and you die. GAAAAAAAAAH!
JIP

That thing wastes my time, boosts, and my patience.

also sweaty mic speakers in fricking social grifball

Like, dude, it's literally just social

social=casual
How annoying is it when you're camping the sniper which is about to spawn in 20 seconds or so, you sit on it for ages and then 5 seconds to spawn you get a teammate come along, shoulder charge you to push you off the spawn and then grabs it? Or when you're sitting around waiting for a vehicle to spawn, you look around for a second to spot any enemies and when you turn back the vehicle is getting manned by a teammate that just spawned next to it? Absolute worst lol.
lmao don't sit on a power weapon for more than 5 seconds, you're gonna end up being killed

always try to grab it last second and get your -Yoink- to a safe spot :p
Respawn unfair!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2