Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] biggest Halo 5 critics didn't even play the beta?

OP g0riLLa BlaCk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Who cares? People have a difference of opinion.

Get over it.

EDIT: I played the H5 beta on my brothers console, so I don't have one either. Does that mean my feedback is useless too? Many people on this website seem to forget about that pink mushy thing lodged in their skulls.
How can you give an honest opinion on something you didn't play. Are you possibly getting mad because this applies to you as well. I respect all valid opinins, but I have seen a lot of blind hate.
Just thank 343 for giving us the badges so we can all personally decide who's opinion to give credit to
All of us have played halo before, missing a beta does not determine who is credited. Just because someone is missing a new car sticker does not mean they are oblivious to the rules of the road.

I for one do not have the xbone yet, I will probably pick one up when halo 5 comes out. I will see how the game is at launch, if it working I will buy it.
Because you didn't take a second account into account which is possibly a good possibility.
All of us have played halo before, missing a beta does not determine who is credited. Just because someone is missing a new car sticker does not mean they are oblivious to the rules of the road.

I for one do not have the xbone yet, I will probably pick one up when halo 5 comes out. I will see how the game is at launch, if it working I will buy it.
Halo 5 is not all other Halo's though, you can't judge the game solely based on past games. For example you can't say the 2015 model of a car sucks, just because they made changes to the 2010 model you bought years ago. Most people would test drive the new model first and then decide what they like and don't like.
Because you didn't take a second account into account which is possibly a good possibility.
Definitely possible, but I don't think it's likely that the OP of that thread posted with the forum account and played Halo 5 with another account at the same time.

Halo 5 is not all other Halo's though, you can't judge the game solely based on past games. For example you can't say the 2015 model of a car sucks, just because they made changes to the 2010 model you bought years ago. Most people would test drive the new model first and then decide what they like and don't like.
You however should be able to say that it still feel like its core gameplay, though it doesnt. Also more than one account is possible so the argument here on this post is just pointless.

Definitely possible, but I don't think it's likely that the OP of that thread posted with the forum account and played Halo 5 with another account at the same time.
It's extremely likely. You act like it doesn't take one button. Like he could have taken the mcc back because it was bad, then played on a friends.

True, however I am making my assumptions based off the skeptics. They seem to be more seasoned on halo gameplay. After halo 4, I am not getting hyped over a game with features I wanted removed.

I do however have faith in halo 5, just not getting hyped yet.
Look at one of the biggest threads on Waypoint, "343i's Incompetent Game Design is Killing Halo" the OP doesn't even have the Halo 5 beta badge, neither does some of the other main critics in the first few pages. From now on one's credibility should be in question if they didn't even try the game out for themselves.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/343i-s-incompetent-game-design-is-killing-halo/0d7148b9-6521-4e84-bef8-d9c76dc4e1e4/posts
The halo 5 beta sucked.
P.S. you can kiss my halo 5 beta badge
Yeah, because if you play on a friends console the controller will blow up in your face. You can only play on your console.
Just like someone said. A second account is definitely a factor or just playing it at a friend's house. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs
Most of the "critcs" had their minds set on the game before they even played the beta anyway. That constantly bumped thread was inevitable.
How can you give an honest opinion on something you didn't play. Are you possibly getting mad because this applies to you as well. I respect all valid opinins, but I have seen a lot of blind hate.

There's this thing called Youtube gameplays, where you can watch high quality videos of people playing Halo 5, and for hours at a time. From there, you can accurately infer the following things from Halo 5's gameplay:
  • The art direction
  • The sound design
  • The framerate (thanks to Youtube now supporting 60fps)
  • Shield recharge time
  • How Spartan Abilities affect the opponent and/or aid the player
  • How Spartan Abilities are typically used by players, aside from their basic effects (their skill gap)
  • The length of the average 1v1 engagement
  • The graphics
  • The level design
  • The armor customization
  • The ranking system
Everything, bar the reticule acceleration and aim assist, can be inferred by your eyes and ears.
Archellik wrote:
Many people on this website seem to forget about that pink mushy thing lodged in their skulls.
How could I forget about my tongue?

OT: It really doesn't invalidate their opinions. Some people have rigid guidelines for what constitutes Halo. The fact that this game will have sprint instantly disqualified it as a good Halo game to apparently many. The inclusion of Spartan Abilities and Smart Scope did the same. Some people know if they are going to like something before they try it.
More telling are people that are -Yoinking!- as if they played the finished game.
PolyGoner wrote:

There's this thing called Youtube gameplays, where you can watch high quality videos of people playing Halo 5, and for hours at a time. From there, you can accurately infer the following things from Halo 5's gameplay:
  • The art direction
  • The sound design
  • The framerate (thanks to Youtube now supporting 60fps)
  • Shield recharge time
  • How Spartan Abilities affect the opponent and/or aid the player
  • How Spartan Abilities are typically used by players, aside from their basic effects (their skill gap)
  • The length of the average 1v1 engagement
  • The graphics
  • The level design
  • The armor customization
  • The ranking system
Everything, bar the reticule acceleration and aim assist, can be inferred by your eyes and ears.
Wow you are really reaching, several of those you have to actually experience you can't honestly issue a critique of some of your points using youtube.
1)framerate is felt, not seen
2)You have to actually use the SA to see how they work and how they should be tweaked
3)You actually need to play and see how the 1v1 encounters are and how players use SA are unless you are willing to watch tons of youtube videos. I would assume there was at least million beta players, that is a ton of different possible play styles.
4)Level Design also needs to be felt, truth looks the same as Midship, but is bigger and navigating the map is different especially die to speed of the game.

Lastly several of your points are visual and audio critiques, the main people complaining are complaining about actual GAMEPLAY MECHANICS, which you actually need to experience and play before making an honest critique, IMO.

Um...no, but someone who has never driven a Ford F-150 cannot possibly make the claim that it drives terribly, now can they?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2