Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Binary Rifle in Halo 5

OP Ravens Bite

Anybody else hoping that the Binary Rifle will be returning in Halo 5? That weapon was one of my favorite power weapons in Halo 4. It was a lot of fun to use and it was so satisfying killing someone with it. Especially if you managed to get a no scope with it.

One of the most intense matches I've played in Halo 4 was Regicide on Haven when the Binary could spawn near Blue ramp I think it was? Everyone rushed over there to get it and it was a huge blood bath.
Yes, eagerly.
I loved the Binary rifle. Binary slayer was a blast.
Easily one of my favorite weapons.
LyleThe2nd wrote:
Especially since the thing was fully capable of being used as a shotgun, arguably more effectively than the sword they gave you. :)
Shurifire wrote:
LyleThe2nd wrote:
Especially since the thing was fully capable of being used as a shotgun, arguably more effectively than the sword they gave you. :)
That's true! And the low gravity....damn that mode was fun.
I would like to see it return
same. Also note the burst fire bolt shot?
I would like something new actually. Maybe a promethean sniper that is more in tune with the other snipers, but with it's own ability.
Binary Rifle needs to be Halo 5! I can't imagine how sick it's going to look.
Binary rifle just got confirmed by Greenskull!
I liked it but it showed everyone on the map where you are firing from because of its red light.
It's a fun weapon for sure.
I think it will be tweaked like the inceration canon. My suggestion is

Each round is a battery, can reload
it fires like the plasma pistol.
Non charged shots wiIl be 2sk, no laser
Charged shots are 1sk, a laser appears like the splaser or h4 version of it when zooming.
I liked it but it showed everyone on the map where you are firing from because of its red light.
Laser pointer of death :)
Binary rifle and beam rifle were confirmed recently which is good. I was worried we would only have the human sniper.

Just the grav hammer to be concerned about now...
croakinc36 wrote:
Binary rifle just got confirmed by Greenskull!
Also, if you look in the screenshot on the "Building an Epic Campaign" post, it can be seen in the bottom left corner, along with a Promethean Soldier with one and a human sniper rifle.
Binary rifle was unique, but poorly made.
It has been said that the incineration cannon now requires charge, and the charge effects how powerful the explosion is (which makes it more unique mind you) so I hope the binary rifle gets the same treatment.
Frankly I wish they would've made it a quickscope based weapon, where the moment you fire it scopes in and shoots, would make it a much more skillful weapon I think.
I was a god with this weapon. Then again I think everyone was with the one hit kill.