2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13
Maybe since it is a combat shooter scenerio, the took it out for the jesus freaks and little kids.
I agree. Blood needs to return. As do the floor. -Yoink- MS, and 343 for taking halo in a bad direction.
Alien blood somehow ruins your enjoyment of the series? Now I've seen it all.

If we have to sacrifice purple blood to allow an entire group of gamers to finally experience Halo, then I'm all for it
Please don't act like it opens the game up to the younger crowd because ESRB does not deter people from playing M games.
1. It does. 2. ESRB deters those who must buy the games for players under 17. That's the whole point.

As a parent, when you go to the store to buy your son/daughter something like GTA V, you hear that it has violence, sexual themes, etc. That will influence your decision to buy the game for a person.

Also of note is all the child accounts that have moved over from the Xbox 360 days. How are they supposed to make M rated purchases?
A very select parents care. So many people still buy GTA V for their kids after I tell them how terrible the content is. Also the M rating doesn't come from purple blood. Couldn't the parents just give the kid permission to play the game through their account?
Never the less, it allows a large group of gamers to enjoy a new franchise. A franchise that has always been a very tame, low end of the spectrum M game.

The M rating was largely due to the flood. Seeing as it looks like intestines that formed human bodies.

The parent would need to bring their account to the X1 as well, and all purchases need to make either on their account or with them signing in each time. It's a hassle.

OP is talking about blood. "Ohhh we need blood to be a realistic war game!" - The guns and vehicles and deaths don't show that enough? No, it's when you shoot a Brute in his face after he died and blood continues to fly out of him at random, that's what makes it realistic
I'm not arguing for OP's views. I couldn't care less because I also feel the rating is played off of the lore that we are in a War games simulation so makes sense there is so little blood. Time will tell what direction they take when we see the next Halo.
Alien blood somehow ruins your enjoyment of the series? Now I've seen it all.

If we have to sacrifice purple blood to allow an entire group of gamers to finally experience Halo, then I'm all for it
Please don't act like it opens the game up to the younger crowd because ESRB does not deter people from playing M games.
1. It does. 2. ESRB deters those who must buy the games for players under 17. That's the whole point.

As a parent, when you go to the store to buy your son/daughter something like GTA V, you hear that it has violence, sexual themes, etc. That will influence your decision to buy the game for a person.

Also of note is all the child accounts that have moved over from the Xbox 360 days. How are they supposed to make M rated purchases?
A very select parents care. So many people still buy GTA V for their kids after I tell them how terrible the content is. Also the M rating doesn't come from purple blood. Couldn't the parents just give the kid permission to play the game through their account?
Never the less, it allows a large group of gamers to enjoy a new franchise. A franchise that has always been a very tame, low end of the spectrum M game.

The M rating was largely due to the flood. Seeing as it looks like intestines that formed human bodies.

The parent would need to bring their account to the X1 as well, and all purchases need to make either on their account or with them signing in each time. It's a hassle.

OP is talking about blood. "Ohhh we need blood to be a realistic war game!" - The guns and vehicles and deaths don't show that enough? No, it's when you shoot a Brute in his face after he died and blood continues to fly out of him at random, that's what makes it realistic
I'm not arguing for OP's views. I couldn't care less because I also feel the rating is played off of the lore that we are in a War games simulation so makes sense there is so little blood. Time will tell what direction they take when we see the next Halo.
If we keep hoping for them opening their eyes they will destroy Halo limb after limb until it is unrecognizable. Yes, blood is a small part of the big picture but it IS part of it as it is a WAR GAME. Every part of Halo pre-Halo 4 must return.
343I & MS don't rate the game it's the ratings groups who basically been worn down into accepting that not every FPS is an automatic M rating.
That seems a massive jump in flawed logic. I highly doubt MS forced 343 to make Halo 5 a Teen rating, forcing MT yea I buy that but MS knows people will buy Halo no matter the age rating. Also id argue that MS allowed 343 to make the most horrifying scene in Halo with the composer scene so why would they suddenly pull a total 180 ?

Add in the fact that Halo has always been a 16 (i.e. T) in Europe and its starting to seem that the ESRB has finally worked out that Halo is tame in comparison to the GTA's and DOOM's of the world and never deserved its M rating.
They suddenly did a 180 cuz Halo 4 sold comparatively poorly, so they wanted to increase sales in H5
I miss when the corpses came alive, and destroying them with the sword because they could came alive if you didn't desintegrated them first.
That seems a massive jump in flawed logic. I highly doubt MS forced 343 to make Halo 5 a Teen rating, forcing MT yea I buy that but MS knows people will buy Halo no matter the age rating. Also id argue that MS allowed 343 to make the most horrifying scene in Halo with the composer scene so why would they suddenly pull a total 180 ?

Add in the fact that Halo has always been a 16 (i.e. T) in Europe and its starting to seem that the ESRB has finally worked out that Halo is tame in comparison to the GTA's and DOOM's of the world and never deserved its M rating.
They suddenly did a 180 cuz Halo 4 sold comparatively poorly, so they wanted to increase sales in H5
Halo 4 sold very well. Much better than 5. Better than Reach. It was the 5th best selling game on the 360. It also holds the title of 2nd best selling Halo game of all time

Halo 4 sold very well. Much better than 5. Better than Reach. It was the 5th best selling game on the 360. It also holds the title of 2nd best selling Halo game of all time
It did sell quite well but the population was really low compared to sales numbers.

It did sell quite well but the population was really low compared to sales numbers.
True, but it refutes the above poster's position, and the positions of many on this thread. As the rating has much more to do with sales than longevity.
Honestly I didn't think the Flood would return in Halo 5. The time doesn't feel right. Now, I do think the Legendary ending could've featured them but the overall campaign would not have featured them regardless.
With the Halo Ring it's a major possibility.
It's a definite. Idk why people question the flood's return. Too many obviously face slapping hints, dialogue.
Apparently, ONI was trying to recreate the Flood (to be more specific, I think a Gravemind) on Argent Moon, the place that Blue Team destroys on their first mission. So the Flood may return in a way that we haven't seen yet if other stations have the same priority.
Chris B167 wrote:
Chris B167 wrote:
You linked to a LNG video, sigh.

Listen man, I actually wholeheartedly agree with you that they should bring blood back like it was there in Halo 3,

but you really shouldn't listen to everything that guy says like he's the omnipotent god of halo. I suspect that most of the time LNG is talking out of his -Yoink- and really doesn't know anything about how any of this works.
Dude, I don't follow LNG, I randomly found that video and it actually made sense to me
Fair is fair then, you'd be surprised how often I run into people who just hop on that guys bandwagon and accept his word without any doubt.

"YEAH LNG IS RIGHT MICROSOFT IS THE REASON WHY HALO 5 IS MISSING KING OF THE HILL AND ITS ALL MICROSOFTS FAULT MCC WAS A MESS"
Please.
Chris B167 wrote:
People take this Rated M/T this way too seriously.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Now if only it would actually be enforced
read the main thread! I don't care about the rating!!!

Quote:
IMPORTANT EDIT: I am not speaking directly about the rating, I don't care about it, I'm italian and here it's always been PEGI 16. the problem of wich I'm speaking on this thread with Halo 5 is that it actually lacks of blood! I don't want anything like Doom or Gears of War, but when I shoot aliens I want to see blood! I spoke about rating because they're removing blood - or immensively decreasing it - to get the T rating in USA.
EDIT 2: I don't mean the blood on the floor, I mean the effect of bleed when every projectile hits an unshielded enemy.
I have, this was the only thing I wanted to comment on
ummm yeah then the kids under 17 cant buy halo games by themselves. as 343 scratches their wallets. xD lets not use blood. makes more money #win?
i say go all the way make it crazy and adult rated. parents will be the ones buying anyway. but that'll never happen.
  • Halo CE(A) - Blood and Gore, Violence
  • Halo 2 - Blood and Gore, Language, Violence
  • Halo 3 - Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
  • Halo 3: ODST - Blood, Language, Violence
  • Halo Reach - Blood, Violence
  • Halo 4 - Blood, Violence
  • Halo 5, the only T rated game - Blood, Mild Language, Violence
Notice anything?
  • Only Halo CE - 3 are rated for having Gore, why? Because of the Flood.
  • Halo CE isn't even rated for language, neither is Halo 4 despite Cortana calling a scientist a -Yoink-. Halo 3 is also marked for mild language.
Really. Of all the things to care about, this is the hill people die on? Oh boy. I just can't imagine rolling through Halo and thinking, "Damn, this game really needs more blood!" It's such a...strange...thing to get really amped about.

Are there really people that sat around smacking Elites and Jackals in Halo: CE to watch the blood splatters and felt that was something that defined their enjoyment? I'm really trying to understand here people!
RATING DOEST MATTER ok? what does matter s how much blood, and to all you who argue it has the same stuff in the rating as other halo's like blood, language etc. You can very visibly see there is less blood.
Halo was never really gory, plus wouldn't just bringing the flood back negate the climax to Halo 3?
No more than bringing back the Covenant negated the climax of Halo 3, or bringing back Cortana negated the climax of Halo 4.

The Flood that were killed at the end of Halo 3 were just a single outbreak. There are still plenty of other Flood samples strewn throughout the galaxy in the other installations.
Pretty sure its to keep the game PG m8.
Blame the squeakers, it's cause of them that we have to have sunshine and rainbows instead of dark gritty halo. Thank god some games don't care what the squeakers see, like battlefield 1, gears of war etc
Flood sucks, why is everyone so upset for lack of blood. I guess it's just me.
No, it's not just you
Chris B167 wrote:
  • Halo CE(A) - Blood and Gore, Violence
  • Halo 2 - Blood and Gore, Language, Violence
  • Halo 3 - Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
  • Halo 3: ODST - Blood, Language, Violence
  • Halo Reach - Blood, Violence
  • Halo 4 - Blood, Violence
  • Halo 5, the only T rated game - Blood, Mild Language, Violence
Notice anything?
  • Only Halo CE - 3 are rated for having Gore, why? Because of the Flood.
  • Halo CE isn't even rated for language, neither is Halo 4 despite Cortana calling a scientist a -Yoink-. Halo 3 is also marked for mild language.
I am not speaking about the rating, I don't care about it, I'm italian and here it's always been PEGI 16. the real problem with Halo 5 is that it actually lacks of blood! I don't want anything like Doom or Gears of War, but when I shoot aliens I want to see blood!
You mean the unrealistic florescent blue blood that's been decreasing since Halo 2?
Yeah...... it's totally unrealistic for an alien race to have blue blood, or orange or green. I guess if it's not red, it's not blood right?! But it doesn't even matter because Halo 5s ESRB should be L for Lame!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13