2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 20
How long is each mission. It doesn't matter who has the most missions, what matters is the playtime.
Solar Flip wrote:
How long is each mission. It doesn't matter who has the most missions, what matters is the playtime.
Yeah, I have a feeling that blue team will receive the larger missions, if not larger in play time, larger in scale and importance.

As long as masterchief doesn't die, I don't imagine the flashback to be tremendous
Solar Flip wrote:
Yeah, I have a feeling that blue team will receive the larger missions, if not larger in play time, larger in scale and importance.

As long as masterchief doesn't die, I don't imagine the flashback to be tremendous
AFAIK...blue missions are longer

OSIRIS on the other hand as the non combat short missions on top of their own
Detendez wrote:
But the thing is how even the marketing campaign was between Locke and Chief.
I don't think it was even at all. We've seen more about Locke and Osiris than Blue Team. The E3 showcase was Osiris, the first cinematic was Osiris, and Hunt the Truth's theme was "where is the Chief and what has he done?" Everything has set up exactly what we have.

Quote:
At no point (besides Mike Colter saying it last year) were we lead to believe that we'd be playing Locke most of the game.
Well, then there's that.
i like the game so far... as long as it is reasonable and fits in the rest of the story i dont mind playing as another spartan. as long as chief stays a big part in the game , of course !
After playing the campaign (On mission 14) I can honestly say that it doesnt feel that lopsided. I think it has something to do with the great mission layouts and progression.

For example say you play with Locke on a certain planet, there is 3 to 4 missions straight on that planet that feel like 1 due to the way they connect together if that makes any since.
Detendez wrote:
At no point (besides Mike Colter saying it last year) were we lead to believe that we'd be playing Locke most of the game.
Well, then there's that.
Except Frankie then said otherwise.
After playing the campaign (On mission 14) I can honestly say that it doesnt feel that lopsided. I think it has something to do with the great mission layouts and progression.

For example say you play with Locke on a certain planet, there is 3 to 4 missions straight on that planet that feel like 1 due to the way they connect together if that makes any since.
So the game is only going to feel like 4 missions then?
I've just finished the game on Heroic and must say that I was very dissapointed by it. It does feel lopsided, and you do spend the majority of the game playing as the very underdeveloped fireteam Osiris. The blue team missions are slightly longer then the Osiris missions, but not by much. In my opinion, this is the worst halo campaign of the lot.
JJAB91 wrote:

So the game is only going to feel like 4 missions then?
No, im saying that each mission is relatively long but the way you play them is fluid.
Will have to play the story first. I'm sure campaign will be brilliant no matter what.
JJAB91 wrote:
Except Frankie then said otherwise.
Nothing about his statement indicated playtime. Had he said "Chief is the main protagonist," that'd be different. Regardless of how much we play as Locke. The game is still centered on the Chief.
Neb1215 wrote:
...the very underdeveloped fireteam Osiris.
A question: How do you expect the team to be "developed" if people constantly rail against them?
It wouldn't be much of a "Hunt for the Truth" if we played as the mysterious character (Chief) the whole time, would it? Locke will be seeing the aftermath of Blue Teams endeavors, which could make for some pretty crazy revelations. 343 is telling us this story in a way that makes us feel like the UNSC does- What the hell is Chief doing? Its supposed to be a mystery, and playing as Chief for most of the game would kinda kill that aspect of it. Besides, I feel that Blue Team will be pretty cut scene heavy.
Agreed
Well that sucks..
Don't worry. Story will explain
I would have like a 50/50 split, just like in Halo 2
Ive seen so many rumors about this topic that i dont know who to trust anymore
*Has Caused Lots of Backlash
The amount of backlash it has already received will be minute compared to when the mass audience finds out. I can imagine within the first week after launch there'll be tons of new Recruits heading to the forums to bash 343i for not giving Master Chief enough missions (in their eyes).
Ok. I have been reading all this and have settled with this.

3/15 missions is just crazy and a shock no matter how you slice this. BUT! From a story standpoint I was expecting it to be stacked towards Osiris, and I agree.... just not to this degree.
A 5/15 I would have been more content with at least.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 20