1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
RhysWX wrote:
Hey sweet. Maybe I'll get to 150 at this rate!

TY Halo. 💚

What the -Yoink-.

I thought I was good with my 180 Arena boosts.
I had a lot of unused REQs lol.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
kkolossal wrote:
Once you get to level 140ish, 152 seems like a life time away... you need MILLIONS of XP to rank up(I need 4 million XP to reach 149),
If you have the time to grind, you could play ten games of Heroic Firefight a day with a decent boost and get that in a little over a month. Less games if you do the harder versions of it.
Honestly, even with all these legendary boosts, it's still going to take me a while to reach 152. I play too many other games and have to find time to play them all around real life stuff. So that "little over a month" will probably get stretched out to several months lol
I feel silly for wasting my last req points now lol. I hope these come back in the future. I may actually come back to halo 5 to grind for some REQ points to save for the possible return of these.
Well, I felt kind of silly having 4 mil req points........but it worked out.
kkolossal wrote:
Once you get to level 140ish, 152 seems like a life time away... you need MILLIONS of XP to rank up(I need 4 million XP to reach 149), and also once you unlock everything RP becomes useless except in situations like these; Personally, I think these new packs are lifesavers for veterans who are still grinding.

so thanks 343 :D
much appreciated!
I'm right there with you! I've got about a million and a half left to 149 and it seems like I have been here forever! I don't have The time to play that I used to though so that's a big part of it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The Arena and WZ boost packs are now available in the store for 4.99 US or 150,000 RP. You seem to get about 20 boosts per pack, so feel free to indulge if you're chasing 152.

Edit: Apparently these are gone on Sunday
https://twitter.com/Unyshek/status/1024770188896436224
5 bucks for 20 XP boosts when experienced based progression in H5 doesn’t even mean anything in terms of rewards? Do with your money or RP what you wish, but these don’t sound like a great investment. I personally don’t think these are worth more than 1 buck or 75k REQ points.
Then don't buy them.
The Arena and WZ boost packs are now available in the store for 4.99 US or 150,000 RP. You seem to get about 20 boosts per pack, so feel free to indulge if you're chasing 152.

5 bucks for 20 XP boosts when experienced based progression in H5 doesn’t even mean anything in terms of rewards? Do with your money or RP what you wish, but these don’t sound like a great investment. I personally don’t think these are worth more than 1 buck or 75k REQ points.
Then don't buy them.
I’m sorry, but these kinds of responses are irritatingly lazy. Just because I have the option not to buy something definitely doesn’t bar me from saying that it’s blatantly overpriced. It’s logic of “Hey, does a game have a bunch of things you don’t like and think could be improved? Too bad, you entitled little gamer, if you don’t like it, don’t play it”. “Just don’t buy it” is a lazy deflection of valid criticism.

Then don't buy them.
I’m sorry, but these kinds of responses are irritatingly lazy. Just because I have the option not to buy something definitely doesn’t bar me from saying that it’s blatantly overpriced. It’s logic of “Hey, does a game have a bunch of things you don’t like and think could be improved? Too bad, you entitled little gamer, if you don’t like it, don’t play it”. “Just don’t buy it” is a lazy deflection of valid criticism.
It's not blatantly overpriced though. It's quite reasonable, IMO.

Then don't buy them.
80k for the HCS pack and 150k for this doesn’t feel right at all, especially when XP rewards you with practically nothing aside from completionist satisfaction. The HCS pack is almost half the price while still having a bunch of great rewards, but 150k for a bunch of XP boosts? Nah, not a good price. I’m pretty sure you too would prefer a lower price on these.

Then don't buy them.
80k for the HCS pack and 150k for this doesn’t feel right at all, especially when XP rewards you with practically nothing aside from completionist satisfaction. The HCS pack is almost half the price while still having a bunch of great rewards, but 150k for a bunch of XP boosts? Nah, not a good price. I’m pretty sure you too would prefer a lower price on these.
The HCS packs give you what, skins? Same exact "nothing" cosmetics as emblems for people who want to rank up.

You get 20 legendary XP boosts. Those are quite rare in Gold packs already so yeah. For people who have nothing else to spend their RP on and want to rank up, 150k for 20 legendary packs is ABSOLUTELY a good deal. And I was perfectly happy spending 150k per pack.

Not everything is catered/marketed to everyone. If you aren't a fan, then you aren't the target audience for these and you can simply pass them by. But I can tell you that there are a number of people, myself included, who are absolutely thrilled to have something worth using RP on.

Then don't buy them.
The HCS packs give you what, skins? Same exact "nothing" cosmetics as emblems for people who want to rank up.

You get 20 legendary XP boosts. Those are quite rare in Gold packs already so yeah. For people who have nothing else to spend their RP on and want to rank up, 150k for 20 legendary packs is ABSOLUTELY a good deal. And I was perfectly happy spending 150k per pack.

Not everything is catered/marketed to everyone. If you aren't a fan, then you aren't the target audience for these and you can simply pass them by. But I can tell you that there are a number of people, myself included, who are absolutely thrilled to have something worth using RP on.
Aside from the fact that 99.99% of people would value skins above an emblem, it’s your money, not mine. But let me just say this: 75k for this pack is something I’m sure everyone here would prefer. They’re your points to spend, for sure. But it only helps to call these overpriced and try to bring the cost down, wouldn’t you agree?

Then don't buy them.

Aside from the fact that 99.99% of people would value skins above an emblem, it’s your money, not mine. But let me just say this: 75k for this pack is something I’m sure everyone here would prefer. They’re your points to spend, for sure. But it only helps to call these overpriced and try to bring the cost down, wouldn’t you agree?
Who spent any money? I didn't spend a single dime on any of this. Only packs I've ever purchased are some team skin packs to support the team/HCS. And while YOU may value skins over emblems, the point here is that 343 recognized that the top ranks are an absolutely brutal grind. They came up with a way to help people try to rank up and that's a GOOD thing. Not everyone wants to try to reach max rank. For others, that max rank seems tantalizingly close but still so far. This is a way to help people complete the game. I don't understand why that's really a bad thing.

If it was only 75k, there would be half as many boosts so the end result is the same. This is like you asking a dealership to halve the price on a car because, "it brings down the cost" but that's not at all how it works. Again, just because YOU don't value these XP boosts just means that you aren't the desired or targeted audience on these and that's okay.

You may not like the, "Don't like it, don't buy it" argument but in this instance it's absolutely appropriate. You can do what you like with your RP and vote with your digital wallet. That's perfectly acceptable.

Then don't buy them.

Who spent any money? I didn't spend a single dime on any of this. Only packs I've ever purchased are some team skin packs to support the team/HCS. And while YOU may value skins over emblems, the point here is that 343 recognized that the top ranks are an absolutely brutal grind. They came up with a way to help people try to rank up and that's a GOOD thing. Not everyone wants to try to reach max rank. For others, that max rank seems tantalizingly close but still so far. This is a way to help people complete the game. I don't understand why that's really a bad thing.

If it was only 75k, there would be half as many boosts so the end result is the same. This is like you asking a dealership to halve the price on a car because, "it brings down the cost" but that's not at all how it works. Again, just because YOU don't value these XP boosts just means that you aren't the desired or targeted audience on these and that's okay.

You may not like the, "Don't like it, don't buy it" argument but in this instance it's absolutely appropriate. You can do what you like with your RP and vote with your digital wallet. That's perfectly acceptable.
Listen, I’m not going to turn this into a Sprint thread style vein of argumentation here. Aside from the fact that voting with my posting privileges on the official forum is far more likely to have an impact than a lack of spending, I’ll just say this: never, and I mean never, should a pack of XP boosts ever rival the price of the Classic Helmet Pack RP wise. The 20 boosts should come at 75k, even 100k would be a semi-decent price for the 20. But 150k? That’s a borderline robbery to most people.
150,000 would have been shock and awe 2.5years ago but I would consider this a bargain now. I bought 3 packs for 450K and I have been using my Chrome to sell more req's to get another pack. My guess is the WZ people won't get them because they can get way better value off of Req's for 150K and most WZ die hards are already 152. The 4's and BTB people are the one's hurting for XP (If they care).

Then don't buy them.
I think for several WZ people I have spoken to they are overpriced in the Req sense but reasonable on the cash sense if they care about max level. A lot of people like to feel completion with games and Max level is that. For us Arena guys that have all the goodies already and don't play much WZ then this is something we actually have interest in. It's not Like In N Out Burger is going to give me a combo #2 with a Dr. Pepper for 1Million Halo5 Req points. So my logic is where else am I going to use these points? I was opening gold packs with the hopes of getting one Legendary XP bonus card.
Listen, I’m not going to turn this into a Sprint thread style vein of argumentation here. Aside from the fact that voting with my posting privileges on the official forum is far more likely to have an impact than a lack of spending, I’ll just say this: never, and I mean never, should a pack of XP boosts ever rival the price of the Classic Helmet Pack RP wise. The 20 boosts should come at 75k, even 100k would be a semi-decent price for the 20. But 150k? That’s a borderline robbery to most people.
Based off what?? Your opinion? I don't follow your train of thought here. You're arbitrarily picking numbers. Do you realize how rare it is to get Legendary boosts in regular packs? Packs people spend 10k on regularly?

TWENTY Legendary XP boosts is absolutely worth 150k this late into the game's cycle. Especially for people who don't play Warzone.

Your argument hasn't been anything other than, "I don't like it so it's wrong." You're picking values that sound good to you without realizing that this is supposed to be a thing that's rare and not easy to obtain. If that were the case, they'd just give them away. If they lower the price, they lower the number of boosts that come in the pack. Just like when you buy stuff in the store. Lower priced products have less items than higher priced.

Most of the people buying XP boosts already have everything unlocked with nothing else to buy. So buying REQ packs full of boosts is totally worth it. Did you see my post where I have 800? I happily emptied my bank on these because they are ABSOLUTELY worth it.

For us Arena guys that have all the goodies already and don't play much WZ then this is something we actually have interest in. It's not Like In N Out Burger is going to give me a combo #2 with a Dr. Pepper for 1Million Halo5 Req points. So my logic is where else am I going to use these points? I was opening gold packs with the hopes of getting one Legendary XP bonus card.
Exactly! Even when I play WZFF, I just use loadout weapons because I like annoying Ka Five.
This makes my happy to have a chance to get to 152, but also sad because I 'gave up' for a while (Still been playing but not even bothering to boost XP), because my profile was messed up and I got to level like 50-something on an alt-account. :(

But, I can probably get to 150 I think before Infinite. I never got Inheritor in Reach either :( (Reclaimer status yeee, but still so far away...)
If i'm not wrong every legendary boost give you 1500XP, right? So, 20*1500= 30.000XP

Neither to a tryhard hoping to reach 152 nor an average spartan trying to climb as far as possible until infinite arrives will find this profitable at all
If i'm not wrong every legendary boost give you 1500XP, right? So, 20*1500= 30.000XP

Fairly confident Legendary boosts give you far, far more than 1500.

Quote:
Neither to a tryhard hoping to reach 152 nor an average spartan trying to climb as far as possible until infinite arrives will find this profitable at all
False. Am 149, is absolutely worth it.
When you hit the 145 + mark & play almot 95% arena it's hard to find stuff to spend req points on. I unlocked everything, have a good stockpile of favorites ( 240+ "The Answers", anyone?) This is kind of what I wanted. Been trying to stockpile good arena boosts from gold & silver packs, but it's a crapshoot, & not a great one. Currently saving up for a second Arena pack, & I'll still have over 400k left over. ( I wanna leave some in case the flag skins ever drop.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6