Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Booted for inactivity during Warzone

OP chipit24

So I'm playing a great game of Warzone. I'm at 6 reqs and I'm going to have 7 soon, so I decide to hold on spawning right away and take a few seconds to write a text. I pick up my controller and right before I spawn, the game boots me for being AFK. Are you kidding me? Who designed this? These are situations the designers should have anticipated and designed for; users shouldn't be punished for this. Warzone is the only gametype were you can be AFK for a few seconds and it won't make a difference. If being out of battle for 10-20 seconds at a time was a concern for Warzone, they wouldn't have added a useless respawn time or designed the req menu to require 500 clicks to get the items you want.

Players who actually plan on being AKF will spawn and put their controller on the table so the thumbstick keeps them moving. Or use a rubber band on the thumbsticks. The system is easy to beat for anyone who actually plans on being AKF, and I bet there are too many false positives.

Meanwhile, I play BTB and see teammates who are AFK, with the enemy running right past them with the flag; a gametype when being AKF makes a huge difference and you don't get booted then–that's so backwards!

</rant>
chipit24 wrote:
So I'm playing a great game of Warzone. I'm at 6 reqs and I'm going to have 7 soon, so I decide to hold on spawning right away and take a few seconds to write a text. I pick up my controller and right before I spawn, the game boots me for being AFK. Are you kidding me? Who designed this? These are situations the designers should have anticipated and designed for; users shouldn't be punished for this. Warzone is the only gametype were you can be AFK for a few seconds and it won't make a difference. If being out of battle for 10-20 seconds at a time was a concern for Warzone, they wouldn't have added a useless respawn time or designed the req menu to require 500 clicks to get the items you want.

Players who actually plan on being AKF will spawn and put their controller on the table so the thumbstick keeps them moving. Or use a rubber band on the thumbsticks. The system is easy to beat for anyone who actually plans on being AKF, and I bet there are too many false positives.

Meanwhile, I play BTB and see teammates who are AFK, with the enemy running right past them with the flag; a gametype when being AKF makes a huge difference and you don't get booted then–that's so backwards!

</rant>
I decided to take a look at your game history, so I could find the film and have a look, to see just how much you got screwed over. However, I couldn't figure out which one it is. See, in the first 3 pages of Warzone game history, you have about a dozen DNF's. I find it really difficult to believe that you were unfairly booted now, since this seems to be habitual for you. If you're going to complain about something, try and make sure that you aren't the cause of the problem first.
it takes 2 to 3 minutes to be kicked out of a game forbeing AFK, not 10-20 seconds. You have multiple DNFs across Warzone and Arena over the past week as well. if you need to text your buddy back, I'm sure it can wait until you've finished the game