Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] BR needs a Nerf

OP Verses Fatum

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 29
Why don't we just nerf ALL the weapons and just have melees.
J Undead S wrote:
I Daren I wrote:
We might as well nerf the sniper next. One shot in the head to kill? Way too OP. It can basically kill from far away. No skill required. It should be three headshots to kill.
But the Sniper is a Power Weapon, it SHOULD do that, but not a default weapon, and its funny, if this was an AR nerf thread, everyone would be joined at the hip to say it should be nerfed, but once you talk about the holy BR, god help your soul right?
It's only a starting weapon in Big team battle. Who honestly gives a -Yoink- about the balancing of the weapons in a non-competitive playlist
I do, because it directly affects how enjoyable that playlist is. Weapon balance is not solely relevant to competitive viability. At the moment, the incredibly easy, consistent precision weapons like the BR have nothing but negative impacts on the BTB experience. Warzone is even worse with the ludicrous loadout variants. Movement on foot is heavily discouraged and exposed vehicle positions like the Warthog turret are death traps against anyone with thumbs. Why? Because someone camping half-way across the map can snipe you with their starting weapon with ease while remaining safe and sound in their tent.
Yeah Nerf the Mida... oh wait, wrong forums. seriously, are these the destiny forums or what
The points of the non-op side are swaying me. The BR is quite balanced in WZ as you have level 3 power weapons to beat it (Boltshot, Needler variants.) And in arena it's considered a power weapon. It's balanced at the moment.
xTPGx wrote:
Guys, The rocket launcher should shoot Req Points, not rockets... Or even better, it should shoot the achilles armor....

Jesus christ man, BR has been here since halo 2
I think what this guy is trying to say is it is to power full at close range way to powerful and the same with ranges the snipers are used at so it gets needed at long range and close range but in the intended range it is still good
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show

I've got a k/d of 2.4
Osmiumite wrote:
The points of the non-op side are swaying me. The BR is quite balanced in WZ as you have level 3 power weapons to beat it (Boltshot, Needler variants.) And in arena it's considered a power weapon. It's balanced at the moment.
Literally nothing about this makes sense. Oh, wait. I almost forgot what forum I'm on.
Because its versatile in range and kill time. DMR is better in terms range, accuracy, and kill time vs the BR. Why nerf it, its fine as is. Its meant to better than the magnum and assault rifle. However in close combat, the SMG counters it most of the time. I say most because the BR player may have enough room to thrust backwards.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
....... Haha funny joke I get it
it shouldn't be nerved... just because you get killed a lot by it doesn't mean its overpowered...
The DMR and BR have the same Time to kill. BR excels at short/mid to mid/long range. DMR excels at mid to long range. They're fine the way they are.

Though it wouldn't kill them to lower the DMR req level to 5...
I think the BR is good right where it's at.
Every body calm down. Nothing to nerf here. Move along.
DO NOT GO THERE WITH MY BR BRO. ALREADY SAT THROUGH REACH USING A DMR.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.
Also. Your looking at the amount of shots needed not actual kill time. For example dmr is 5 shots to kill but takes about the same time as a br does for a four shot. Maybe a little quicker actually. And the pistole in h5 is a perfect weapon that is balanced for fighting back the brs dmrs
. many times i have outshot someone with a pistole and they had br or a dmr. All im saying is.. There is nothing wrong with the battle rifle. Its a staple. Its here to stay. And a majority even pros love it.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?
I know this isn't serious, but your points make no sense. First of all, you don't spawn with the BR. Also, the BR at this point even with all the bullet magnetism still takes more skill than the AR. The AR is a spray and pray weapon, and is just generally easier to kill people with.
and the 4 shot weapon isn't giving easy kills? lets ignore what my K/D is for right now, I do indeed suck at the game, but I'm not here to whine that the BR needs to get nerfed because I suck, I'm here saying the BR needs to be nerfed because it does, the AR is only a problem if you're running full on at the player and get gunned down, its supposed to be used that way, YET everyone here is screaming for the Assault Rifle or any other automatic to get nerfed.
The TTK is okay and if it was nerfed it would be weaker than the magnum. There really is nothing wrong with the BR. Or the AR. Or any other weapon for that matter. Compared to the other Halos this version has an incredible balanced array of weapons. IMO.
It's not OP... The BR is just a campers weapon

There.. I said it
It is the same thing, and why do you complain if you have fully access to that weapon?
If 343 listened to all these kinds of posts, multiplayer would literally be Spartans running around fighting with Nerf guns, foam swords, and possibly pillows.
true xd
This thread cant be real. No it cant. Please be Satire.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 29