2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 29
It isn't really overpowered, it's simply used a lot. You die a lot by it because its used by many.
yup, now we can close the thread
*finger hovers over lock button*
I really don't think this thread should be locked though, the problem I simply have with the BR isn't because the constant -Yoink- beatings I get from it, but the fact that it can be used anywhere from Long to Short ranges, like someone said on here, its a versatile weapon while its the only one of its kind, the Magnum itself should fit that role now instead.
Why cuz u say so? good lord shut up. You have no logical argument.

Can someone please lock this troll-fest
I've said countless times what could fix the BR, make it so depending on the range, make it weaker, it should just remain a long to medium ranged weapon, it shouldn't be anything closer then that...
Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

343 - please outfit the BR with magical bullets. When the the trigger is pulled, the bullets do not materialize until they reach 100ft. They them travel with perfect accuracy.

please develop this technology urgently and save halo from the BR!
Or have the BR and DMR have bloom again, that mechanic was wonderful, and I don't mean the -Yoink- Reach version, I don't know how to explain it, but I liked how Reach required you to time your shots so you aren't just spamming the trigger the entire time
You mean recoil and bullet spread? Because that's "bloom" done right. In Reach it slowed down the game and multiple times the visual representation of bloom isn't even accurate, so you have no idea where your bullets are even going.

Might as well make it Halo 3 where the last 2 bullets become literally random.

Regardless, if you nerf the BR, then the Pistol would surpass it, and then we'd be right back here complaining that the Pistol needs a nerf.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It isn't really overpowered, it's simply used a lot. You die a lot by it because its used by many.
I really don't think this thread should be locked though, the problem I simply have with the BR isn't because the constant -Yoink- beatings I get from it, but the fact that it can be used anywhere from Long to Short ranges, like someone said on here, its a versatile weapon while its the only one of its kind, the Magnum itself should fit that role now instead.

I've said countless times what could fix the BR, make it so depending on the range, make it weaker, it should just remain a long to medium ranged weapon, it shouldn't be anything closer then that...
Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

343 - please outfit the BR with magical bullets. When the the trigger is pulled, the bullets do not materialize until they reach 100ft. They them travel with perfect accuracy.

Or have the BR and DMR have bloom again, that mechanic was wonderful, and I don't mean the -Yoink- Reach version, I don't know how to explain it, but I liked how Reach required you to time your shots so you aren't just spamming the trigger the entire time
You mean recoil? Because that's "bloom" done right. In Reach it slowed down the game and multiple times the visual representation of bloom isn't even accurate, so you have no idea where your bullets are even going.

Might as well make it Halo 3 where the last 2 bullets become literally random.

Regardless, if you nerf the BR, then the Pistol would surpass it, and then we'd be right back here complaining that the Pistol needs a nerf.
Then yes, that's what I meant by that, the BR needs more recoil

Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

You have no idea what u want. U just want to stop getting killed by the BR, cuz apparently u can't kill anyone with it and ur bitter.

please stop posting in this thread and go learn how to aim instead.

WHY IS THIS USELESS NONSENSE NOT LOCKED!
I've explained how I don't care about how I play the game, just that the BR either needs blood or a slight damage nerf based on range, instead of being a -Yoink-, tell me why the BR shouldn't get this
I did give you an explanation.

Madinogi wrote:
ya i think the OP is in the wrong forums.
No, I appear to be in the right forums, I assure you, nerfs have been a thing before, does everyone remember Armor Lock and the fact that it got nerfed to a kill by plasma grenade? But god forbid, the BR getting mentioned to being nerfed, everyone loses their -Yoink- and starts commenting on your K/D
The reason everyone is jumping on you is the fact you haven't provided a solution or a concrete reason. Your K/D, while stat flaming, is just something on top, because if the BR was so easy to get kills, then you shouldn't have a hard time getting kills with it, now would you?

Armor Lock was absolutely broken pre-TU, and it literally stops gameplay and allows a player to come back from a mistake that should logically kill them. The Plasma Grenade is a prime example. You got stuck? Punch the ground and now you're no longer stuck.

But to the current topic, you keep saying that the Battle Rifle is a default weapon, when the only time that's true is in BTB. In every other Arena match (that isn't for fun), you spawn with an AR and a Pistol. You have to find the Battle Rifle on the map, because it's superior to the Pistol.

If you nerf the Battle Rifle, then the Pistol will be stronger as a legitimate default weapon, and we'd be right back here having these same threads about how the Pistol needs to be nerfed now. And then the DMR needs to be nerfed. And then the Light Rifle needs to be nerf, a never ending chain of nerfs that basically ruined Halo 4.

As for it's performance, the BR is okay at close range, okay at long range, excellent at mid range. This contrasts with the DMR that excels at long range, and the SMG that excels at close range.

This isn't about the BR community, this is about how Halo 5's sandbox is more or less perfect, compared to how earlier Halo games were dominant around the BR/DMR

Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

You have no idea what u want. U just want to stop getting killed by the BR, cuz apparently u can't kill anyone with it and ur bitter.

I've explained how I don't care about how I play the game, just that the BR either needs blood or a slight damage nerf based on range, instead of being a -Yoink-, tell me why the BR shouldn't get this
Can u read? You're point has been counter d several times. You are keeping this thread going just for attention.

so a gun that shoots long range can't shoot close either? Where is your beef about the sniper, beam rifle, and binary? Don't stop there, how bout rockets, the scorpion, gauss hog?

BR is a skill based weapon, and a standard weapon EVERYONE has access to. Oh, but apparently, for you, it needs to ignore the laws of physics that applies to every projectile based weapon man has ever created, real or virtual, and do less damage at short range. The gun is exactly fine how it is learn to play the game. Give it a rest.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.
If anything, the BR should be weaker at longer distances. Think about military rifles in real life. They have decent accuracy to a point, but once you try firing past it's effective range you lose that accuracy.

in all honesty I think all the weapons are fine just the way they are. Look back at all the previous Halos. The Halo 1 pistol was awesome. Too awesome. So they nerfed it for future games. In Halo 2 the needler was ridiculously awesome... nerfed in future games. I'm sure by the time the next Halo comes out, everyone's complaints will be taken into account (sadly), and then some new weapon will be all the rage. Just enjoy the game as it is. Every Halo has its own unique characteristics and that's what makes them great.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.
LOL, the magnum is much more powerful than the BR. I can beat someone all day using a BR.

Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

Can u read? You're point has been counter d several times. You are keeping this thread going just for attention.

so a gun that shoots long range can't shoot close either? Where is your beef about the sniper, beam rifle, and binary? Don't stop there, how bout rockets, the scorpion, gauss hog?

BR is a skill based weapon, and a standard weapon EVERYONE has access to. Oh, but apparently, for you, it needs to ignore the laws of physics that applies to every projectile based weapon man has ever created, real or virtual, and do less damage at short range. The gun is exactly fine how it is learn to play the game. Give it a rest.
Yeah, the laws of physics exist in a sci-fi game where a plasma weapon shoots black holes, a Forerunner shoots Dark Matter and all that....or that there's a weapon that digitalizes matter and turns them into mindless robotic soldiers of war...totally...

The Sniper and all them are POWER WEAPONS, I'm not going on about them being OP because they're meant for what they are built for, the BR however can whip every other weapons -Yoink- like its a power weapon itself.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
So I signed online today and noticed that my spartan armor color was legitimately shiny GOLD. Trust me, it was not the same as the the brownish/bronze colors that are available.

Does anyone know why ???
Schatzly wrote:
So I signed online today and noticed that my spartan armor color was legitimately shiny GOLD. Trust me, it was not the same as the the brownish/bronze colors that are available.

Does anyone know why ???
Glitch with the lighting system, I find that to happen to me when I leave a custom game with a forge map

Oooooooh ok! Great idea!

Yeah, the laws of physics exist in a sci-fi game where a plasma weapon shoots black holes, a Forerunner shoots Dark Matter and all that....or that there's a weapon that digitalizes matter and turns them into mindless robotic soldiers of war...totally...

The Sniper and all them are POWER WEAPONS, I'm not going on about them being OP because they're meant for what they are built for, the BR however can whip every other weapons -Yoink- like its a power weapon itself.
See, here's the problem. Outside of BTB, you never spawn with the Battle Rifle. You have to go find it and pick it up, just like how you go find a Sniper and pick it up.

And more importantly, why is the BR the sole focus here? Why not the other precision weapons like the Pistol, which is a 5 shot kill, or the Light Rifle, which is a potential 3 shot kill?
YOU KNOW WHAT GUYS? GUNS ARE OP. WE SHOULD USE STICKS AND ROCKS.
Awesome :)
Thing is, the BR has always been 4 headshot kills. Bring back the necessity to lead your shots and it will seem better.

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Stop making trolls / stupid posts top posts.
This is what this site has come to is bad posts making it to the top
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Stop making trolls / stupid posts top posts.
This is what this site has come to is bad posts making it to the top
Sad, but true.

Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 29