Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] BR needs a Nerf

OP Verses Fatum

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 29
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Stop making trolls / stupid posts top posts.
This is what this site has come to is bad posts making it to the top
Sad, but true.
This is what I miss in the old days of Halo, people helped each other and had something good to say to another person, now its all about the K/D, the skill of the BR and Achilles armor backstabbings, seriously, Spartan Companies actually kick members out before they get the armor and have them pay to get back in just for a stupid piece of armor...
Leave it just leave it as it is
If you think you die by it too much by a br then get better at avoiding being shot and not dying. Halo 2 3 4 and 2A all had four shot brs. It's a good part of halo.
To your first edit, doesn't a gun hit harder the closer the target is to the shooter?

So by logic you'd deal more damage the closer you are?
BR is a staple in most Halo games. I'd say there's always going to be problems amongst many different audiences. 343i tried something different with the Battle Rifle and that's okay with a new game.
The BR should stay as it is. I personally don't see anything wrong with the amount of damage that can be dealt with the bloody thing. And it's a gun...It should be able to dish out serious damage.
This is absurd, you clearly need to get better. The BR is perfectly balanced right now. If it was changed, the entire game would be broken and the BR would be useless
I Daren I wrote:
We might as well nerf the sniper next. One shot in the head to kill? Way too OP. It can basically kill from far away. No skill required. It should be three headshots to kill.
you just made my day this is halarious
It is only a default weapon in BTB which is an unranked any way so I don't see the problem


Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

noice
Its not OP, its just brain dead easy to use like the Halo 4 DMR.
if a pistol can still beat it its not overpowered
If this nerfed then it wouldn't be a surprise if the DMR is next....I don't see the BR being over powered or anything
OP

Unless you are in completely open ground and standing still its quite difficult to kill somebody at long range with the battle rifle. So its great at say gunning down guys rushing through the gates on warzone assault, but not so great at sniping. I mean an actual sniper rifle is DEATH in the right hands. Especially on BTB. So its a bit of an exaggeration to say you can snipe.

You can't really nerf the BR without having to look closely at other precision weapons like the Magnum, Carbine, DMR and Light Rifle.

It requires more skills to hit a moving enemy with a semi automatic weapon than a burst weapon. Essentially, you just have to point your assault rifle in the general direction of the enemy and fire or bash the melee button. Without precision weapons, the game would just devolve into a massive meat grinder brawl or would be decided by who has the most soldiers in a fight.

For me its not that the BR is OP its that theres no real advantage to taking an assault rifle.

- At medium range the BR wins and that's where most firefights will take place. So its just common sense to always have your BR equipped. If I am ambushed then as a result I usually tend to have my BR anyway or am already in the frame of mind of using my BR.
- At close range it doesn't do noticeably more damage.
- Generally speaking you will often empty your clip after killing one guy or worse fail to kill that guy. The AR is kind of built around shoot and bash. So, as a result, you're often left exposed with no ammunition. This means A) if theres anyone else then the second man will kill you B) Theres less opportunity to snatch a quick headshot and get a second kill. Its not that you can't get multi kills with an AR but its a lot harder.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.
Honestly I see so many people that say thing like this, and I dont want to sound mean, but at the end of the day you just are not a good Halo player if you believe this. Now I'm not just going to sit here and be all mean, I will actually try and help you out. What you need to try and learn and adjust too is how to actually play Halo, most of the time when people are moaning about stuff in this game its because they are losing, not because the balance of the game is bad. The BR is a good mid to long range rifle, it kills fast and faster than ever before due to how well the connection is on Halo 5, is this a problem? No. The reason is because up close the pistol or AR can easily take down a BR player, its all about when and where you use a weapon. If you are fighting someone with a BR at a longer range with a pistol you are most likely going to lose, back down and get a closer or better angle. In BTB this isnt a problem as everyone spawns with a BR. If you are having trouble in BTB with the BR you simply are not shooting people enough, now this may sound silly as you might be saying to yourself 'I shoot everyone I see' but I can almost bet that this is not the case. I see so many Halo players not actually shooting people half the time and this is easily shown by the damage you deal in a game, this stat is a huge factor into how much you are helping your team by actually shooting players in a game. If your damage is low compared to your team, something is going wrong with your play and you are not shooting people.

The BR is used in BTB due to the size of the maps, if players spawn with AR/Pistol in BTB you will find a lot of the time you are running around not able to shoot anyone due to the distance that you are apart from them and the pistol is not able to hit consistantly at this range, it was never designed to be used at long ranges.

The short story is get better at the game and using the BR.
No. No it doesn't.
Leave it just leave it as it is
I agree.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.
A 4 shot kill weapon is too OP for a default weapon? Have you played any other Halo game? Halo 1 had a 3 shot kill default weapon that killed much faster. And ever since the BRs existence it's been a 4 shot I believe. And besides 99% of the game types in this game this is not your starting weapon. The br is probably one of the only weapons I am satisfied with in this game. You want to talk overpowered loadout weapons I can agree with lots about the long-range assault rifle and the "utility" magical magnum, but the br? That's one I'd have to disagree.
Milkman CE wrote:
Honestly I see so many people that say thing like this, and I dont want to sound mean, but at the end of the day you just are not a good Halo player if you believe this. Now I'm not just going to sit here and be all mean, I will actually try and help you out. What you need to try and learn and adjust too is how to actually play Halo, most of the time when people are moaning about stuff in this game its because they are losing, not because the balance of the game is bad. The BR is a good mid to long range rifle, it kills fast and faster than ever before due to how well the connection is on Halo 5, is this a problem? No. The reason is because up close the pistol or AR can easily take down a BR player, its all about when and where you use a weapon. If you are fighting someone with a BR at a longer range with a pistol you are most likely going to lose, back down and get a closer or better angle. In BTB this isnt a problem as everyone spawns with a BR. If you are having trouble in BTB with the BR you simply are not shooting people enough, now this may sound silly as you might be saying to yourself 'I shoot everyone I see' but I can almost bet that this is not the case. I see so many Halo players not actually shooting people half the time and this is easily shown by the damage you deal in a game, this stat is a huge factor into how much you are helping your team by actually shooting players in a game. If your damage is low compared to your team, something is going wrong with your play and you are not shooting people.

The BR is used in BTB due to the size of the maps, if players spawn with AR/Pistol in BTB you will find a lot of the time you are running around not able to shoot anyone due to the distance that you are apart from them and the pistol is not able to hit consistantly at this range, it was never designed to be used at long ranges.

The short story is get better at the game and using the BR.
This really irritates me when people say this. Why must you always make an assumption. I know plenty of people (myself included) who are perfectly capable at this game, good in fact, even pros who have plenty of complaints with it. Please stop assuming that because someone doesn't like something they need to "git gud"
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
Milkman CE wrote:
Honestly I see so many people that say thing like this, and I dont want to sound mean, but at the end of the day you just are not a good Halo player if you believe this. Now I'm not just going to sit here and be all mean, I will actually try and help you out. What you need to try and learn and adjust too is how to actually play Halo, most of the time when people are moaning about stuff in this game its because they are losing, not because the balance of the game is bad. The BR is a good mid to long range rifle, it kills fast and faster than ever before due to how well the connection is on Halo 5, is this a problem? No. The reason is because up close the pistol or AR can easily take down a BR player, its all about when and where you use a weapon. If you are fighting someone with a BR at a longer range with a pistol you are most likely going to lose, back down and get a closer or better angle. In BTB this isnt a problem as everyone spawns with a BR. If you are having trouble in BTB with the BR you simply are not shooting people enough, now this may sound silly as you might be saying to yourself 'I shoot everyone I see' but I can almost bet that this is not the case. I see so many Halo players not actually shooting people half the time and this is easily shown by the damage you deal in a game, this stat is a huge factor into how much you are helping your team by actually shooting players in a game. If your damage is low compared to your team, something is going wrong with your play and you are not shooting people.

The BR is used in BTB due to the size of the maps, if players spawn with AR/Pistol in BTB you will find a lot of the time you are running around not able to shoot anyone due to the distance that you are apart from them and the pistol is not able to hit consistantly at this range, it was never designed to be used at long ranges.

The short story is get better at the game and using the BR.
This really irritates me when people say this. Why must you always make an assumption. I know plenty of people (myself included) who are perfectly capable at this game, good in fact, even pros who have plenty of complaints with it. Please stop assuming that because someone doesn't like something they need to "git gud"
The points he make all lead to him not being good at the game. I'm not trying to say that EVERYTHING that is wrong with the game is due to people not being good at the game. But when you get stupid comments such as 'THE BATTLE RIFLE IS SO OP IT KILLS IN 4 SHOTS WTF I CANT EVEN MOVE WITHOUT DYING' its pretty easy to tell that they are not a great player. Hell even I get angry at things in the game but when I watch my games back in theater I just get outplayed and generally the players I'm against are just better than me. Players will often find a million and one reasons to why they lost a game before resulting to the fact that they were just worse than the opponent.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 29