Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] BR needs a Nerf

OP Verses Fatum

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 29
Nerf the pistol next lol
I Daren I wrote:
We might as well nerf the sniper next. One shot in the head to kill? Way too OP. It can basically kill from far away. No skill required. It should be three headshots to kill.
But the Sniper is a Power Weapon, it SHOULD do that, but not a default weapon, and its funny, if this was an AR nerf thread, everyone would be joined at the hip to say it should be nerfed, but once you talk about the holy BR, god help your soul right?
I agree 100%
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.

Edit#3: I'm not complaining about the weapon because I'm bad at the game...that's what everyone needs to realize, I know I'm bad, if my K/D was anything more then -Yoink-, I'd have so many people agreeing with me on what I've said, but since I don't, everyone is talking -Yoink- and saying I need to get good at the game...like I said before, this site has a pecking order that's just sickening, anyone lower then 1.0 K/D doesn't get to voice and opinion on here, and when they do, everyone jumps on them and kicks the -Yoink- out of them for speaking out of line.

This whole community is like that, we have people backstabbing and cheating for some stupid armor, we have kids talking -Yoink- towards bad players instead of -Yoinking!- helping them and we as a community claim we're better then everyone else...I can literally go to a Call of Duty forum and say I'm a bad player and a bunch of people would come to my side and teach me the ropes, I say it here and everyone tells me to git gud and then the thread is locked.

No one helps anyone anymore and that's why Halo is just so -Yoink- for most people or why no one talks to each other anymore, you guys are awful to one another and like I said before, theirs a pecking order and the weak players must stay at the bottom or they get banned for voicing an opinion.
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
I really think it probably just seems overpowered because so many people use it, and also since you're a warzone player (nothing wrong with that at all BTW it just sounds like you are based off what you've said) you're probably gonna end up being exposed to more people using the BR than when playing Arena
Yeah the BR is ok at long range.
you can out br someone with a pistol
Not even worth the read.
What is this
Like destiny :v
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.

Edit#3: I'm not complaining about the weapon because I'm bad at the game...that's what everyone needs to realize, I know I'm bad, if my K/D was anything more then -Yoink-, I'd have so many people agreeing with me on what I've said, but since I don't, everyone is talking -Yoink- and saying I need to get good at the game...like I said before, this site has a pecking order that's just sickening, anyone lower then 1.0 K/D doesn't get to voice and opinion on here, and when they do, everyone jumps on them and kicks the -Yoink- out of them for speaking out of line.

This whole community is like that, we have people backstabbing and cheating for some stupid armor, we have kids talking -Yoink- towards bad players instead of -Yoinking!- helping them and we as a community claim we're better then everyone else...I can literally go to a Call of Duty forum and say I'm a bad player and a bunch of people would come to my side and teach me the ropes, I say it here and everyone tells me to git gud and then the thread is locked.

No one helps anyone anymore and that's why Halo is just so -Yoink- for most people or why no one talks to each other anymore, you guys are awful to one another and like I said before, theirs a pecking order and the weak players must stay at the bottom or they get banned for voicing an opinion.
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
Wow kid you need to git gud and stop being a scrub...KD is not broken you make it seem like you get farmed constantly when I know you don't. You're just bad at the game FACE IT, I'm sorry for you but it's true the weapon is fine.
I mean dude if a person has an ar close range and the dude he is assaulting has a br the dude with the ar will win, unless he misses some and the br person has really good reflexes and lands all 4 shots on someone. It takes more then 4 shots in a situation involving strafing, environment, ect. This is where strafe skill plays a roll, if u can get someone to miss one shot and you hit that shot you will win. Simple as who can aim better and who can strafe better.
Cheezity wrote:
I think the BR is the most balanced its been since Halo 2. Its really good. You die by it a lot because its used by everyone.
That is kind of the point. The BR far out-classes every other non-power weapon (and several power weapons). The BR is so good there really is no point to using anything else. That is not balanced.
FINALLY, someone makes this thread... ive seen too many auto nerfs, not precision, honestly, it doesnt take skill for either.
Cheezity wrote:
I think the BR is the most balanced its been since Halo 2. Its really good. You die by it a lot because its used by everyone.
That is kind of the point. The BR far out-classes every other non-power weapon (and several power weapons). The BR is so good there really is no point to using anything else. That is not balanced.
Um what? The carbine has a faster ttk the dmr has longer range, lr kills in 3 hits...do you even play halo? You're probably just bad. People use the BR cause it's the easiest gun, take some time out to learn the other rifles and you'll beat it. Try facing someone who's good with the carbine. Stronger than other power weapons like what ones? If used correctly they all beat it at what they are supposed to.
Cheezity wrote:
I think the BR is the most balanced its been since Halo 2. Its really good. You die by it a lot because its used by everyone.
That is kind of the point. The BR far out-classes every other non-power weapon (and several power weapons). The BR is so good there really is no point to using anything else. That is not balanced.
Not true, Carbine, Light Rifle, Storm Rifle, SMG, AR, heck even the Suppressor and Magnum are more powerful than the BR (kill faster) and the only other non-power weapons are the DMR and the Boltshot. The DMR has insane magnetism and the boltshot is heavily guided. The sandbox has never been this balanced in a halo game and if you disagree that's just pure ignorance. Explain how the BR outclasses ALL of these, please do.
I still can't believe this is a thread not to be rude. But the BR is still a pickup weapon even on breakout. I love it original halo player and will always want it, heck if they took it away id be lost.
The last time the BR was nerfed, we ended up with the godawful BR55HB SR in Halo 3. 4sk is how the BR should be, and quite honestly, its current iteration is the most difficult to use aside from the latter one, and it's certainly more difficult to use than the BR85HB SR. Halo 5's environment makes missing one shot highly unforgiving, and we don't even spawn with BRs outside of big team anymore (which I find is a load of bull -Yoink-).
The way I see it, nerfing the BR would create more problems than it would solve.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
Cheezity wrote:
I think the BR is the most balanced its been since Halo 2. Its really good. You die by it a lot because its used by everyone.
That is kind of the point. The BR far out-classes every other non-power weapon (and several power weapons). The BR is so good there really is no point to using anything else. That is not balanced.
Um what? The carbine has a faster ttk the dmr has longer range, lr kills in 3 hits...do you even play halo? You're probably just bad. People use the BR cause it's the easiest gun, take some time out to learn the other rifles and you'll beat it. Try facing someone who's good with the carbine. Stronger than other power weapons like what ones? If used correctly they all beat it at what they are supposed to.
Lol, do you even lift?

I literally can't ever recall being killed by a Carbine or Light Rifle in multiplayer, nobody uses anything but BR's when available. And you're right, I am bad, yet I can still nail perfect kills left and right with the BR, that is how insanely easy it is to use. Combine that with the stupidly long range and ridiculous bullet magnetism and you have a gun that is more effective than most power weapons.

I know all you try-hards will be but hurt at the suggestion that your favorite gun is effectively the new "newb combo", but when everyone only uses one weapon, it is pretty obvious that weapon isn't balanced.
No one is railing on you just because you have low K/D. The fact of the matter is, you're complaining that a weapon is extremely easy to use, as well as the fact that you "don't use the BR". Which pretty much throws your statement out the window. If it's that easy to use then you should have used it as well, ya know fight fire with fire. From an arena perspective, even if you have the BR handy you can still get picked off fairly easy. It's a precision weapon! It's not that any weapon is too OP, does no one ever think "oh hey, that guy killed me. He must be better than me" instead all I hear is "NERF". Halo is a competitive game, there are skill gaps. And when you play Warzone you can easily get matched with players that exceed your skill level, that and organized Spartan Companies will absolutely demolish you. No single weapon is to blame, the game already has near perfect weapon balancing. People need to learn that there are skill gaps and just because you nerf a weapon doesn't necessarily mean it evens the playing field. So my message to you, is instead of "avoiding the BR like the plague", pick up the damn weapon and show us that it really is easy to use.
The default/common/no req-point required weapons do not need to be "nerfed." Why? Because they are COMMON weapons. What is the point of this thread anyways? It is just a BR. If you get killed by it, get your own BR instead. Killed by a magnum, kill a person while using a magnum. Killed by an AR, kill a person while using an AR. This whole thread just seems like a big complaint from someone who gets killed a lot by a Battle Rifle. End of story.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This thread and all its responses worry me. The BR is to powerful. Not because if how fast it can kill, but because if of its insane amount of magnetism and zero lack of spread. Making it extremely easy for anyone to kill quickly with it. It should only kill quickly if a player has a high enough aiming skill ability to kill quickly with it. Its damage does not need to be nerfed, the ease of use does.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 29