Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] BR needs a Nerf

OP Verses Fatum

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. ...
  6. 29
Tintreg wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Some of you guys are walking stereotypes.

"br is 5evar u dont like it git gud scrub your bad lol"
(black armor)
(tryhard gamertag)
What constitutes a tryhard gamertag lol?
Anything with "iTz", "OMG", "____ iz ____", "iCLutCH", "SNiiPER", etc.
Ok lol. There is definitely a correlation between users of the word scrub and gamertags like that. So I guess I agree with you lol.
Any time I say scrub it is not serious. And yes, I am a "Tryhard", even though I hate the term
Honestly there's no problem with it. It's hard to use at very long ranges and can whiff in very close ranges. The only thing I think needs changed is the aim assist.
Just get good there's always a way to counter a person using an "op" weapon.
If it is counter able by lots of things, then it is not OP
Phoxniix wrote:
Just get good there's always a way to counter a person using an "op" weapon.
If it is counter able by lots of things, then it is not OP
The BR isn't OP and Phoxn.... Forxn... Phoxniix just stated exactly why. I could counter the BR at close range with anything bar a hydra because I can't use one gun and it has homing missiles. Dodge and land the required number of shots whilst avoiding one of four BR bursts. Original poster, do you still actually believe that the BR is OP?
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.

Edit#3: I'm not complaining about the weapon because I'm bad at the game...that's what everyone needs to realize, I know I'm bad, if my K/D was anything more then -Yoink-, I'd have so many people agreeing with me on what I've said, but since I don't, everyone is talking -Yoink- and saying I need to get good at the game...like I said before, this site has a pecking order that's just sickening, anyone lower then 1.0 K/D doesn't get to voice and opinion on here, and when they do, everyone jumps on them and kicks the -Yoink- out of them for speaking out of line.

This whole community is like that, we have people backstabbing and cheating for some stupid armor, we have kids talking -Yoink- towards bad players instead of -Yoinking!- helping them and we as a community claim we're better then everyone else...I can literally go to a Call of Duty forum and say I'm a bad player and a bunch of people would come to my side and teach me the ropes, I say it here and everyone tells me to git gud and then the thread is locked.

No one helps anyone anymore and that's why Halo is just so -Yoink- for most people or why no one talks to each other anymore, you guys are awful to one another and like I said before, theirs a pecking order and the weak players must stay at the bottom or they get banned for voicing an opinion.
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
I Daren I wrote:
We might as well nerf the sniper next. One shot in the head to kill? Way too OP. It can basically kill from far away. No skill required. It should be three headshots to kill.
But the Sniper is a Power Weapon, it SHOULD do that, but not a default weapon, and its funny, if this was an AR nerf thread, everyone would be joined at the hip to say it should be nerfed, but once you talk about the holy BR, god help your soul right?
How is the BR is a default weapon in any other gametype besides Big Team Battle. As far as I know you have to find the BR in any game type in Arena making it a secondary power weapon that you and the enemy could grab. Just because you get killed by the BR a lot doesn't mean it's overpowered
The Halo BR being a 4 shot kill is standard. If you don't like it there are other FPS's that don't have the BR.
Regular BR? Nah. H2 BR maybe... that magnetism is crazy bruh
NO NERFS! If you are getting owned by it, learn how to use it yourself.
The Halo BR being a 4 shot kill is standard. If you don't like it there are other FPS's that don't have the BR.
I agree. Harsh but true it's always been that way, changing the BR and this post is driving me insane lol :/
I Daren I wrote:
We might as well nerf the sniper next. One shot in the head to kill? Way too OP. It can basically kill from far away. No skill required. It should be three headshots to kill.
But the Sniper is a Power Weapon, it SHOULD do that, but not a default weapon, and its funny, if this was an AR nerf thread, everyone would be joined at the hip to say it should be nerfed, but once you talk about the holy BR, god help your soul right?
The stupidity in this response is shocking....... Neither of these weapons should be nerfed and I would love for you to tell me why you think we treat the gun as holy. Just because you have a stupid opinion that people don't agree with doesn't mean we are the ones with the problem.
Nah the BR is fine. I would like to see maps and game types without the BR though because it's getting so over used it's getting boring to the point this game will be called Halo: Battle Rifles. A nerf? Nah. But maybe lower the frequency so that power weapons become actually viable as power weapons. Big team for example is just a damn BR fest it's annoying to be forced to only use that because eveyone else is.
I just realized, everybody who has commented has a K/D of over 1.0 the majority over 1.2 even. And op has a K/D of 0.6 or something like that. All the good players are against the not as good player.
First, Stat Flaming is bannable on this site, please don't do it again, and K/D doesn't mean anything, lol
Edit: I also don't play much matchmaking, I mostly do nothing but Forge or Customs :P

But seriously, if the AR was called out to needing to be nerfed, everyone would be all for that, but god for bid when the actual OP weapon needs an nerf, everyone's against it because the weapon that takes little skill such as the BR needs to stay the way it is :P
Yes, K/D actually does matter here. It's a loose basis for one's skill, and we can somewhat determine one's skill off it. For a better look at one's skill, look at those who haven't farmed for Achilles. Y'know, those who aren't in a company. Why does skill matter? Nerfing actually only should be talked about by skillful players who can understand the game's mechanics and weapons fully, otherwise they probably don't know what they're going on about. I've had no problem with the BR, I've only had problems with the energy sword's absurd range when aimed in, but that's probably just me.

EDIT: Also, the fact you said you mostly play forge or customs further invalidates your argument towards the BR, since you wouldn't be very viable for info on the weapon's stats. BTW The BR does require skill, you gotta be pretty skillful to predict enemy movements to make sure you get those headshots, because without headshots the BR's basically garbage.
Lets face it guys, the BR is an overpowered powerhouse when it really shouldn't, a 4 shot kill weapon is to OP for a default weapon you get at spawn, it takes little to no skill to use and people can just camp at their spawn and pick people off, if I wanted something like that, why not start people off with a Sniper Rifle instead, its pretty much what the BR is at this point.

Its only fair to post something like this since so many people here complain how OP the AR is and how it requires no skill what so ever to use, so what do you say guys, Nerf the BR?

Edit: The BR should receive a nerf where its damage really depends on the distance, you get closer and it becomes weaker, forcing players to keep their distance with a Marksman Rifle like the DMR and BR

Edit#2: Apparently K/D factors into ones opinion, here's the thing, the K/D system has been ruined by one simple thing, the farmed kills for Achilles, anyone on the bad end of the farming will have -Yoink- K/D by the end of all that like I do, but when you go out and say a weapon needs a good nerfing, people look into your service record and judge you based on that K/D when in reality, its a flawed system to begin with, a ton of reasons could explain how someone has a high or low K/D, either someone exploited a glitch and destroyed someone, or someone was utterly destroyed by the person using said glitch or whatever and their K/D falling because of it.

Edit#3: I'm not complaining about the weapon because I'm bad at the game...that's what everyone needs to realize, I know I'm bad, if my K/D was anything more then -Yoink-, I'd have so many people agreeing with me on what I've said, but since I don't, everyone is talking -Yoink- and saying I need to get good at the game...like I said before, this site has a pecking order that's just sickening, anyone lower then 1.0 K/D doesn't get to voice and opinion on here, and when they do, everyone jumps on them and kicks the -Yoink- out of them for speaking out of line.

This whole community is like that, we have people backstabbing and cheating for some stupid armor, we have kids talking -Yoink- towards bad players instead of -Yoinking!- helping them and we as a community claim we're better then everyone else...I can literally go to a Call of Duty forum and say I'm a bad player and a bunch of people would come to my side and teach me the ropes, I say it here and everyone tells me to git gud and then the thread is locked.
banned for voicing an opinion.
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
Considering the BR has been a 4 shot kill since halo 2...nurfing it now would be a terrible idea. A four shot kill with the BR isn't OP either. Getting the 4 shot kill isn't something every1 can do, and it isn't done every time someone is getting shot at by a BR. The battle rifle is the skill gun that separates the PROS from the SCRUBS who can't aim the dang gun. The BR is what makes Halo the competitive game! It's accurate, it's strong and has a little range. If you can't aim it, your not good. Yeah it isn't all about K/D, but Halo is all about AIMING FOR THE HEAD (ACCURACY) which = SKILL. If you don't like it, go play COD where you can spray and pray and kill kids in 2 shots and be praised for it. Halo is the only game where aiming for the head and not missing shots matters, it takes more skill.

Also, if you can't get out of the spawn because someone is better than you with the BR...don't be mad at the game, be mad at yourself for not being able to figure out how to get out of your situation. The game isn't the problem. lets be honest.

Last thing, make the BR the main weapon again at start so the game praises those who are accurate and those who are not. This isn't halo 3 anymore, the AR isn't going to be the all powerful equalizer like it shouldn't be. The BR is that weapon, and unfortunately now it is the all powerful pistol in H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. ...
  6. 29