2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 31
Nostalgia and childhood memories require me to go with the Halo 2 br, although I have yet to get it.
The few times I have used it, it shreds through the AI in firefight. Big time fan of it. Also sounds so badass compared to the 4 and 5 variants.
In SWAT I like the DMR so much better, but the BR is not bad in Arena and Warzone, so it's a pretty tough decision
If it's the Halo 2 BR, then I'm definitely gonna go with that instead of the DMR :)
BR all day everyday
BR is easily the better option.
I prefer a DMR in most situations that require medium to long range, I guess I am just used to the semi automatic fun it can give a person
BR I utilize the burst in swat for multikills 👍
...Why not both?
Dmr
I'd prefer the Battle Rifle overall
BR
Battle Rifle all the way. Cooler design, larger magazine, more versatile, more iconic (still hate the 'red dot sight' on the Halo 5 version though).
I've noticed the BR and DMR can go toe to toe with eachother, so it mostly depends on my mood.

I will say that the DMR is better at longer range than the BR.
ReakoN wrote:
...Why not both?
I do this all the time in Warzone. XD
BR, 4 burst kill, little aim assist.
DMR, 5 shot kill, moderate aim assist

The only advantage the DMR has is the aim assist. Otherwise the BR is better in every way
dmr i just feel like my aim is wayy better with it all the time
generally i'll pick a dmr over a BR, no burst fire so no chance to slur/miss individual shots within a burst, and you only need one more direct hit. I like BR as a classic weapon more and feel its more unique nature fits halo better, but use the DMR out of practicality.
Lucosus wrote:
BR, 4 burst kill, little aim assist.
DMR, 5 shot kill, moderate aim assist

The only advantage the DMR has is the aim assist. Otherwise the BR is better in every way
the BR fires in bursts at a lower rate of fire, you can miss individual shots within the burst and mess up your kills. Additionally, the BR has a shorter effective range, has a smaller clip size (3 round burst, 36 rounds per magazine, 36/3= 12 shots, DMR has a 15 round magazine), and a higher time to kill, from what I can remember. It is an objectively inferior weapon, but much easier to use given its larger reticule, increased fire rate within the burst, burst capability, and general flexibility. Ease of use: DMR < BR. Effectiveness at range: DMR >>> BR. Versatility: Depends on player skill. For very good players, DMR > BR. For decent players, or in chaotic situations, DMR < BR.
BR for Arena and DMR for Warzone :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 31