Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Breakout with sniper starts.

OP LegendcalledJim

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just a thought. What do you guys think of sniper/pistol starts in the new Breakout Playlist. It would take care of some the camping and add a new level of skill to the playlist.
I carry a heavy bias of distaste towards sniper rifles and long ranged combat. Now that I've disclosed that,

I don't think Breakout with sniper starts would be very fun. It would promote more camping, as snipers would nestle into their perches and cowardly wait for enemies to cross their sight line on the other side of the map. In the game of snipers, those who move about maps extensively lose.
It would make about as much sense as Breakout with Shotgun starts.
What's wrong with the shotgun. I think you need a quick kill weapon.
The shotgun isn't versatile enough to be a starting weapon in Breakout. The SMG could be used at range to suppress enemies, or used up close to kill. If the enemy flag carrier was weaving in and out of cover, a quick spray of the SMG would net at least one hit and spot him for the rest of your team.

The shotgun? It's used to kill at extremely close ranges, and is usually used defensively. That's it. Also, the shotgun creates a lot of trade-off kills, which is entirely frustrating. Trade-offs with the shotgun are something that say "No amount of skill could have stopped your death. Once you two were in range, you were both dead."

And to make things worse, there is a radar now. With shotgun starts.
No way, no Snipers in a Breakout, that would make the game not fun and like meds just battle will just have people camping.
For me it's not the shotgun itself, it's the combo of shotgun and them adding radar. The radar makes people just want to camp in corners to punish the moving people. Take away the radar and people can move freely. Sure there will still be campers, but they won't have the advantage of knowing exactly when someone will come flying around the corner.
The radar with shorty does make for some serious corner camping.
Should still be SMG/pistol starts with the full shields...
Everyone should start with The Answer.
anything is better than shotgun starts
Honestly it makes more sensense than shotgun start.
10/10 right there, totally not game breaking at all

/sarcasm
It would defeat the point.
I'm on board any game that starts you with snipers.
Just give me team snipers.
Nah the Spnkr Primes would be perfect

/Sarcasm
Mind as well have a team snipers playlist
The more I play I think snipers as a pick-up weapon for both sides would be worth testing out. Sniper more than any other weapon creates epic plays.
Horrible idea tbh
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2