Breakout: Worst PvP Mode Ever?

OP NDiggy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Discuss
I thought it was one of the best.
It's a new competitive game type, I rage in it sometimes which is how you know it's a good one!
Invisibility in it is a joke

You NEED to play with a communicating team if you want to do good though
It's my favorite playlist out of the arena types...so absolutely not the worst IMO.
My friends and I were skeptical at first, but we've grown to really enjoy it. Love the aspect of discussing a plan of action before a round and adapting it on the fly during the match as we react to the opposite team.

Also love the comeback aspect, you can be 4-0 down and come back to win 4-5!

Every round is intense as it usually comes down to the wire with a 1v1 or 1v2 situation with everyone in the match looking on expectantly.

Gameplay wise the lethality gives it a sense of urgency and makes every bullet feel impactful, and the maps work really well, my faves are Trench and Crossfire.

I may be a little biased as I am Onyx in Breakout hahah
I love it. Its fun and competitive. Not for everyone type of playlist.
I don't like it. I just hate 1 life multi-round gametypes. also someone explain how damage works. Apparently headshots are off, but does shooting for the head does more damage than the body?

Also without comms it just seems worse. when dead you can totally help the teammates that are still alive, but if you don't have any means to communicate with them...
Strongholds would like to have a word with you.
No, I like elimination in halo 3 (practically same thing).
SGP SGP wrote:
I don't like it. I just hate 1 life multi-round gametypes. also someone explain how damage works. Apparently headshots are off, but does shooting for the head does more damage than the body?

Also without comms it just seems worse. when dead you can totally help the teammates that are still alive, but if you don't have any means to communicate with them...
Head shots happen only when scoped (in my experience).
I think it is really great.

As said in an earlier post, communication is a necessity. Whenever I try to play alone, I go where my team-mates don't - two guys left, one guy middle, so I go right.

I then keep looking down the right side to cover, but have no idea until I die that an enemy was behind me.

From that point on, I only play with a team.
SGP SGP wrote:

When I've gotten a head shot it's been after damaging already so maybe it's just trying to make the game mode different from swat?
I think it's great different pace of fighting
I like it, reading this makes me think that somehow people don't understand it. How they don't know how the damage works. Are you bad?
I don't understand its settings. How many body shots to kill? Headshots? Cuz we have no shields, but its not SWAT settings...
What? Why?

I think it's really fun and competitive, even though I suck at it. Meh. I guess people will always find a way to complain.
The only thing I don't really like about it is the invisibility. Really, it has no place in this game type. Other than that it's not bad
It is a great gametype but I would love a breakout pro gametype in the playlist where there are no powerups or power weapons.
I would say the worst gametype is stockpile
I don't understand its settings. How many body shots to kill? Headshots? Cuz we have no shields, but its not SWAT settings...
pretty sure (in terms of health at least) it is standard slayer but no shield and headshot invulnerability
SGP SGP wrote:

When I've gotten a head shot it's been after damaging already so maybe it's just trying to make the game mode different from swat?
Two headshots with BR, three with pistol... No zoom required... Two with DMR...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2