Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Bring back armor abilities from halo 4?

OP I H4Q3R I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
I H4Q3R I wrote:
Halo 4's armor ailities were interesring but in terms of gameplay should they return? Or should only a few?Or should they modify them
Share your opinions.
Btw I've been playing since halo 3's release
Just no... I do not want to even reconsider the horrendous decision of armor abilities... Especially Armor Lock in Reach. -Shudders-
Nneutrino wrote:
Spartan abilities are just armour abilities rebranded and repackaged
I'd rather see than all get removed, maybe with the exception of thruster
No they aren't.
Yes, very convincing counter argument...tell me more
You must be new here. Be prepared for the hateful comments. I personally love H4. But there is a vocal minority that hates it.
I think you meant majority.
Its funny how everybody seems to think they are in the majority.
No one I mean absolutely noone said Halo 4 had a good MP. The general consensus is that Halo 4s MP was not well received as evidenced by 343Is acknowledgment. Halo 4 lost more than half its population after the first week it was out so the vast majority who played it did not enjoy it.
The reason i said that was because I have never talked to anyone that wanted AA's in Halo 5. Literally no one. From my experience talking with friends and people online, a lot of them have complaints about the current spartan abilities. Mostly about spartan charge over anything else, but I think it is pretty safe to say the majority of Halo players would like to keep arena, at least, minimal in terms of extra abilities.

Adding them into warzone as armor mods I don't think would be a big deal at all.
From what I remember halo 4 was able to support more playlists than what we have now the idea that halo 4 was hated by every one is a farce. I can barely find a game in halo 5 compared to halo 4 which had a wider range of playlist that worked. Halo 4 died because they removed playlist people wanted to play.

Spartan abilities are what made halo, halo. Halo 5 abilities don't count it feels like a crysis 3 rip.

To say no body wants Spartan abilities is false. Any time some ones says they like AA, Spartan abilities they get told they must be the only one on the Internet that likes it. When it's probably a 50/50 split.

Peoples reasons on halo 4 who didn't like Spartan abilities and AA were never good enough reasons. A competitive player might say some thing like they can't control or predict the battle situation it's unfair. Equal start guys complain when there is still equal opportunity.
I much prepared the halo 3 and halo reach abilities. Like bubble shield and jet pack. Yeah jet pack was in halo 4 but I think the one in reach was better
No thanks. Definitely not in arena. Maybe as reqs in warzone if enough people want them fair enough but keep them out of arena please!
I understand people hating them. I personally loved the ones in reach. H4 really messed up on the implementing them into gameplay. Sure they had the abilities but they were lack luster. (E.g. Easy to spot active camo, jet pack with short bursts, thruster pulling you into 3rd person etc etc.) but to me the AA added an immersive feel to it and made the game different from other FPS. It really added a variety unlike than the bland run and shoot twitch trigger FPS that halo 4&5 are. And with the TTK so fast now AA should be added more than ever for survivability alone. Reach really had it right.
NO. Just no. 343 made a good decision to remove them! The reson is simple:

1. Some abilities were OP, to a game-breaking extent

2. Armor Abilities make the power weapons useless, destroying Halo's base meta

3. Armor Abilities make gameplay choppy, and ruins the game's flow.

I understand having Jet Pack, or Drop Shields, or even Hologram for customs, but otherwise, NO ABILITIES IN HALO 6!

This post has been hidden.

As a concept I never had a problem with armor abilities in Reach or Halo 4. I don't think adding a fourth layer to Halo is an inherently bad idea.

My problem was with the implementation, namely loadouts. I also had problems with specific armor abilities, *Cough* sprint/armor lock *cough* as well but that doesn't mean I hate the concept as a whole. I wonder how things may have been different had AAs been map pickups with some sort of recharge station mechanic.
Please do not revive old threads. That is necroposting.
Oh boy they did kinda ruin the gameplay, it was certainly a move away from what makes Halo feel like Halo.
I'm bettersweet about them being gone on the one hand Halo feels like it should without them. For me Halo was always who had the better shot, who could flank and sometimes who was really really good at running away and not dying.
On the other hand I had a TON of fun with the hologram in Halo 4, so much so I think it actually makes me worse in Halo 5, it was cheap to use and definitely made me a bit lazy for sure.

I'm very glad to see Jet Packs go away, thruster pack also annoyed me in Halo 4 but everyone has one now so everyone can dodge grenades equally.
I really enjoyed Halo 4 but glad to see Halo 5 is more sensible
Please do not revive old threads. That is necroposting.
If the thread is still open it should be used for discussion. Creating more than one thread for the same topic creates clutter and duplicate threads. Duplicate threads should always be transferred over to the "original" thread on that topic. If this is the original thread it needs to remain open for discussion, if not, then you or a foroum moderator can kindly point us to the original thread and transfer this thread to that one.

Kronus0678 wrote:
NO. Just no. 343 made a good decision to remove them! The reson is simple:

1. Some abilities were OP, to a game-breaking extent

2. Armor Abilities make the power weapons useless, destroying Halo's base meta

3. Armor Abilities make gameplay choppy, and ruins the game's flow.
I understand having Jet Pack, or Drop Shields, or even Hologram for customs, but otherwise, NO ABILITIES IN HALO 6!
1. Some, those that did break the game could be re-worked. Or even restricted to certain game modes.

2. They also amplified the use of power weapons making them more suitable and usable. As it stands, swords/hammers/shotguns will lose to storm rifles.

3. For equal starts in an arena mode I would compromise. For non arena modes like warzone, BTB or even a non MLG slayer mode why not allow them?

I understand that you want a classic feel, and I'm sure we can compromise. I don't want the same game every year. We should be open to innovation and diversity of gameplay.
You must be new here. Be prepared for the hateful comments. I personally love H4. But there is a vocal minority that hates it.
No one I mean absolutely noone said Halo 4 had a good MP. The general consensus is that Halo 4s MP was not well received as evidenced by 343Is acknowledgment. Halo 4 lost more than half its population after the first week it was out so the vast majority who played it did not enjoy it.
The reason i said that was because I have never talked to anyone that wanted AA's in Halo 5. Literally no one. From my experience talking with friends and people online, a lot of them have complaints about the current spartan abilities. Mostly about spartan charge over anything else, but I think it is pretty safe to say the majority of Halo players would like to keep arena, at least, minimal in terms of extra abilities.

Adding them into warzone as armor mods I don't think would be a big deal at all.
Spartan abilities are what made halo, halo.

I do question exactly how much Halo you have played, particularly back in the day when Halo was made by Bungie. Maybe I'm just getting old... but I don't remember there being SA's in any of the original Halo's.

Surely, something that was not ever incorporated into Halo by the creators of Halo cannot make Halo Halo.
Am I the only one here who's noticed that armor abilities from Halo 4 are indeed in the game? What do you think armor mods in warzone are. Some of them are even exact copoes if what they did in Halo 4...

Wheelman, Patrol Case, Grenadier.

And some of them are the armor abilities returning as other features.

Halo 4 Stalker -> Threat Detector attachment. Very similar. That's one example, though there are more.
No, your just the only person here that doesn't seem to know that we're talking about armor abilities, ie jetpack, not armor mods.

Personally, I liked Halo 3s equipment.

I do question exactly how much Halo you have played, particularly back in the day when Halo was made by Bungie. Maybe I'm just getting old... but I don't remember there being SA's in any of the original Halo's.

Surely, something that was not ever incorporated into Halo by the creators of Halo cannot make Halo Halo.
Halo 3 and reach don't count ?

Played all of halo, equipment and Spartan abilities was the best thing they ever did. I tried replaying classic halo but it's dull and boring.
Lets not bring them back, like ever

Played all of halo, equipment and Spartan abilities was the best thing they ever did. I tried replaying classic halo but it's dull and boring.
First, I'm not sure I would consider equipment in Halo 3 and SA's to be anything similar. They are really not even remotely close.

Second, no I do not believe Reach counts, as it pertains to your statement. How can we say "this is what made Halo Halo" when it doesn't even appear until the fourth installation in the franchise? I just don't agree with that logic, regardless of how I feel about classic play vs. modern play.
AAs were actually really fun looking back now... I kinda miss them now that I think about... When I played MCC, I didn't use AAs or anything, but they seem like they could be really useful. I honestly miss Halo 4. I wish I had played it more.
I loved Halo 4, I would love the AA to come back. I feel a lot of the Halo community were just babies and started crying that it somehow turned Halo into COD.

First, I'm not sure I would consider equipment in Halo 3 and SA's to be anything similar. They are really not even remotely close.

Second, no I do not believe Reach counts, as it pertains to your statement. How can we say "this is what made Halo Halo" when it doesn't even appear until the fourth installation in the franchise? I just don't agree with that logic, regardless of how I feel about classic play vs. modern play.
My memory is fussy on how equipment and Spartan abilities differ.

Though I am a fan of equipment and abilities I think halo 5 abilities are kind of stupid and they're isn't any variety. I would be playing reach right now instead if my disc would only read in my Xbone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8