Please do not revive old threads. That is necroposting.
If the thread is still open it should be used for discussion. Creating more than one thread for the same topic creates clutter and duplicate threads. Duplicate threads should always be transferred over to the "original" thread on that topic. If this is the original thread it needs to remain open for discussion, if not, then you or a foroum moderator can kindly point us to the original thread and transfer this thread to that one.
NO. Just no. 343 made a good decision to remove them! The reson is simple:
1. Some abilities were OP, to a game-breaking extent
2. Armor Abilities make the power weapons useless, destroying Halo's base meta
3. Armor Abilities make gameplay choppy, and ruins the game's flow.
I understand having Jet Pack, or Drop Shields, or even Hologram for customs, but otherwise, NO ABILITIES IN HALO 6!
1. Some, those that did break the game could be re-worked. Or even restricted to certain game modes.
2. They also amplified the use of power weapons making them more suitable and usable. As it stands, swords/hammers/shotguns will lose to storm rifles.
3. For equal starts in an arena mode I would compromise. For non arena modes like warzone, BTB or even a non MLG slayer mode why not allow them?
I understand that you want a classic feel, and I'm sure we can compromise. I don't want the same game every year. We should be open to innovation and diversity of gameplay.