Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Bring back the Spartans high five

OP ClumsyGamer6345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Remember in the beta when your team would win a match and sometimes your character would high five another players spartan? And then it was removed in the final game? Spartan 4s are the most human out of the spartan generation so seeing them high fiving to celebrate a victory would make sense. So should 343 bring back the high fiving animation?
I think they should, but it was a highly unpopular addition that is why it was removed. I don't think we will see a return.

For those who don't remember or who did not participate in the beta.
Beta Victory
Another version
And another

People just thought this was too corny. Not how a Spartan should be. At least that is what I remember how it went.
Look I understand Spartan IVs are "the most human" or whatever, but that doesn't mean they need to act like this. When I play multiplayer I don't want to imagine my Spartan is some cocky dudebro who fistpumps whenever he wins a match (especially since I mostly play Super Fiesta which means he just won because he got lucky, get over yourself). The pre-game animation where he points at someone on the other team is already bad enough. These need to go away and never come back.
Look I understand Spartan IVs are "the most human" or whatever, but that doesn't mean they need to act like this. When I play multiplayer I don't want to imagine my Spartan is some cocky dudebro who fistpumps whenever he wins a match (especially since I mostly play Super Fiesta which means he just won because he got lucky, get over yourself). The pre-game animation where he points at someone on the other team is already bad enough. These need to go away and never come back.
Awwweeee, come on Nate! One of the few times you and I disagree.

I think we take ourselves a little too seriously, but I get it. It is kind of silly, but that's why I liked it.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

I think we take ourselves a little too seriously, but I get it. It is kind of silly, but that's why I liked it.
Hey I'm all for more silliness! I wouldn't mind if my Spartan fell on his back laughing or something. Maybe in Halo 6 victory animations could be a customizable thing, like assassinations 🤔
I miss the hi fives, thought that was pretty cool.
I'd like to see a handshake of sorts.
Please no, I'm not a fan of having a loss further rubbed in someone's face by a bunch of bro Spartans. I like to think my Spartan wouldn't act like that. Maybe a toggle for victory cutscene/ static shot of scoreboard?
I'd really rather not. I'd rather see them remove the intro and outro animations.
Please no, I'm not a fan of having a loss further rubbed in someone's face by a bunch of bro Spartans. I like to think my Spartan wouldn't act like that. Maybe a toggle for victory cutscene/ static shot of scoreboard?
I'd really rather not. I'd rather see them remove the intro and outro animations.
I'm pretty much these.

I couldn't stand the Spartan high five crap. I remember when playing the beta at my friends and after the first game all of us just laughed at it and thought it looked so bad and corny! My one buddy just says "and stuff like this is why the Halo franchise has gone downhill... how the mighty have fallen" we all couldn't help but be like ....ya.... (Long face)
Instead of self-centered celebrations, why not promote good sportsmanship?

Have opposing teams fist bump and congratulate each other after the match. Create a GG animation that defines Halo.

To me, talk is cheap when it comes to complaining about “toxic” players and “bad actors,” so it’s incumbent upon developers to set the proper tone in their games.
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Hey I'm all for more silliness! I wouldn't mind if my Spartan fell on his back laughing or something. Maybe in Halo 6 victory animations could be a customizable thing, like assassinations 🤔
Or a Teabag animation. I'd be on the floor laughing...
Teabagging is canon. High fiving should be canon. I want my Spartan as dudebro as possible.
It's always been in the game. It triggers when you win a slayer arena only match 50-0.
Considering it's all training, it would make sense to be a little laid back. These guys and gals are all family. And guess what? Families compete. But in the end, it's all good fun.

I wouldn't mind it back, but we need need an option to turn it off. So people who hate it can't complain.
In the canon, Halo 5 multiplayer is only simulation, like friends playing to who is the best spartan, then is normal celebrate after a nice work
I personally really loved this feature, but I happen to know that there is a large faction of the community that does not love this feature, so it is unlikely to return.
I thought the Spartanbros were cringey. That being said, I'd be for keeping it, but only if we could turn it on or off in the options.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I think they should, but it was a highly unpopular addition that is why it was removed. I don't think we will see a return.

For those who don't remember or who did not participate in the beta.
Beta VictoryAnother versionAnd anotherPeople just thought this was too corny. Not how a Spartan should be. At least that is what I remember how it went.
the first two are a little too much... but i like the last one
Nooga wrote:
Teabagging is canon. High fiving should be canon. I want my Spartan as dudebro as possible.
Teabagging is canon? I'm not aware of Spartans teabagging anywhere in the lore (outside of the holograms automatically doing it over dead bodies in Halo 4 multiplayer). Anyway if you want your Spartan to be a dudebro, that's fine, but I sure don't want mine to be one. These should at least be toggleable or customizable because I deal with enough dudebro nonsense in real life from my 17-year-old brother...
Mr Vacha wrote:
It's always been in the game. It triggers when you win a slayer arena only match 50-0.
Is this true?
Alucardko wrote:
In the canon, Halo 5 multiplayer is only simulation, like friends playing to who is the best spartan, then is normal celebrate after a nice work
Yes but their way of celebrating seemed more like rubbing it in the other team's face, to me
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3