Bring back the Spartans high five

OP ClumsyGamer6345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I think they should, but it was a highly unpopular addition that is why it was removed. I don't think we will see a return.

For those who don't remember or who did not participate in the beta.
Beta VictoryAnother versionAnd anotherPeople just thought this was too corny. Not how a Spartan should be. At least that is what I remember how it went.
the first two are a little too much... but i like the last one
Agreed, I enjoyed the last one. The others are way over the top.
No, it was hella lame. It's bad enough we have pizza skins and other cartoon looking weapon skins.
For example if red team wins and blue team loses, it should show red team patting blue team Spartans on the back, giving them handshakes, a bro hug, and giving blue team words of encouragement to do better on their next war games match.

Now that's what I call broness
LethalQ wrote:
No, it was hella lame. It's bad enough we have pizza skins and other cartoon looking weapon skins.
But I like the pizza skins. At least we have the choice to not equip them, if we don't like them
Those animations were totally naff , glad there gone !!!!!
Instead of self-centered celebrations, why not promote good sportsmanship?

Have opposing teams fist bump and congratulate each other after the match. Create a GG animation that defines Halo.

To me, talk is cheap when it comes to complaining about “toxic” players and “bad actors,” so it’s incumbent upon developers to set the proper tone in their games.
Why would I want to shake hands and congratulate a Cheater lmao? I'd rather chop my hands off kappa
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
Please don't 343. I constantly defend you but if they brought this back, I'd be stumped.
Its a simulation so yes I would love for it to come back but they should have certain ones like they did with assassinations and there could be a legendary handshake (like a secret very complicated handshake)that you unlock and if someone else in the game has it you do the very important very complicated handshake to show you are an officer
I don't care how realistic it is, it was always too hokey to me and was a pointless addition. Also, yes... I understand I'm complaining about something being too cheesy in a game. Fight me.

A simple "Game over...", scoreboard comes up, fade to black is good enough for me.
At least have it for social games! It was one of those features I was somewhat sad that they were removed from the final game. When I play with my buddies, game after game after game, we get bored with the relatively same beginning and ending animations of 'walk 2 steps forward and hold your gun' yet all of them yell through their mics like lil school girls when we win a 50-49 or a 100-99 or a 1000-998. While our Spartans have no character reguardless of who won or how the game went.
I get it not being in competitive gametypes, but I think it'd be cool in social arena, and since social arena is less about training and more about just having fun, it makes sense.
(Especially playlists like Super Fiesta and Action Sack)
As I said earlier, Absolutely not. Those animations make Halo look lame, corny and to be honest not like a triple A game. Those animations were in the top three things people complained about during the beta. Didn't matter if you went to Team Beyond, Reddick, Twitter or Waypoint it was pretty animous.That should tell you something. When that kind of stuff gets put into a game, for every person that thinks it's funny, silly etc there will be two or three that thinks it's super lame and sees Halo becoming a joke. I know when I saw it, I laughed because I couldn't believe how lame it was. Then thought, great...this is where Halo is going... Just great... It's meant for 10 year olds now. I guess this kind of stuff in the game explains why it's not rated Mature anymore.

343I have a lot more important things to be working on...like patches for things in this game that have been issues forever! Or there dedicated servers that so many people have problems with... Or even more importantly, Halo 6 :)

I have an amazing intro idea (at least I think so lol) but it would take a little bit to explain, but every person that I've talked to at 343I that I've told likes it. The outros I never thought were really important honestly but I know 343I will do something for them in Halo 6. I can almost guarantee people they will have some type of feature like Overwatch has when the match is done (different plays of the game animations) in Halo 6.
I have an amazing intro idea (at least I think so lol) but it would take a little bit to explain, but every person that I've talked to you at 343I that I've told likes it.
I have a few ideas for intro animations:
  • Twirling your Magnum around your finger
  • Striking a ninja-esque pose with your knife
  • Cocking whatever weapon is in your hand
  • Standing back-to-back with another teammate, arms crossed
If everyone hates it so much, at the very least I think that some form of animation would be cool.
I suppose I get the not liking the high five, even though I think some spartans would.
Nooga wrote:
Teabagging is canon. High fiving should be canon. I want my Spartan as dudebro as possible.
Teabagging is canon?
Yes. 343 says that multiplayer is training and part of the lore, making my personal Spartan canon. I teabag people as my Spartan. Its officially canon per 343.
LethalQ wrote:
Those are some of my favorite skins. I like pizza and am glad that i can express that in game.
It felt too arrogant and it showed the spartan IV's in a terrible way.
Nalla78 wrote:
While our Spartans have no character reguardless of who won or how the game went.
Actually, I think it's better this way, because he's my Spartan. I choose what he wears, I pick what his emblem is, I control what he does during the match, so it's jarring to see him suddenly do these cringey celebrations that I would never do in a million years. It's the old "make the character a blank slate so the player can put themselves in their shoes". If the victory animations were customizable, I could at least give him a more outlandish and silly animation, to take away some of the cockiness.
I get it not being in competitive gametypes, but I think it'd be cool in social arena, and since social arena is less about training and more about just having fun, it makes sense.
(Especially playlists like Super Fiesta and Action Sack)
As I mentioned earlier, winning Super Fiesta is like 99% luck 1% skill, so I don't think it makes sense for my Spartan start acting like he just accomplished some incredible feat worth celebrating and flaunting. It makes me want to tell him to get over himself.
Nooga wrote:
Yes. 343 says that multiplayer is training and part of the lore, making my personal Spartan canon. I teabag people as my Spartan. Its officially canon per 343.
Well, yeah, I'm aware that multiplayer is supposed to be a simulation for Spartans and all that. But that's like saying it's canon that Link killed every last chicken in Hyrule before defeating Ganon, because that's what you did when you played Zelda games. In other words, canon just refers to what's in the established lore so I'm not sure if it's accurate to include individual player actions within that.

But I do understand what you mean. Your Spartan's teabagging is supposed to be happening for real in the Halo universe, as are the victory animations. I just want them customizable so I can feel more like I'm playing as myself.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
More recently, I miss the intros they used to have where the characters meet in a face off.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3