Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

BTB fiesta: worse Randomization of any Halo Game

OP CODEMONKEY117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just played a match were I got a base brute plasma riffle 3 times in a row along with a base plasma pistol. Meanwhile the enemy team had the answer, a prophets bane, and norfang followed by a few incineration cannons. Needless to say we lost. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember the randomization of weapons being this bad in any of the previous Halo games.
5 times in a row I spawned with a sword and a Needler/Plasma Rifle/bolt shot/plasma pistol/Needler. All in a row!!! Now I tried to be uptity about it but I tried to sneak around and not spring or show up on radar but on maps where the other team has snipers, rockets, and hydra, it's very hard and very discouraging. The last game I played not one sniper or hydra. Bummer but ehh I'm kinda not caring about my KD or wins anymore. I just want the game to end fast so I can get my xp and move onto the next game.
True randomness includes different numbers, as well as repeats. So in other words there should be times where you get the same things, however how often are they different and repeated?

The random engine mustn’t give the same items too many times, but also mustn’t do too few either.

If you can answer that then you, would gain a better insight. What needs to be done is to ensure that a pattern with random system is avoided as much as possible. It is because our minds are adept at spotting patterns.

Which means that the part of the game where it is present could become stale and boring. Due to its predictability of the allocations.
Yeah that's a very annoying problem, I think the most they can do is give the two teams the same weapons at least in the first spawn.
I had got games in husky where I don't get any rockets/ incineration, or others where they give me one sniper in 10min.
I think my worst game was one that my team got like weapons of level 3 and the enemy team got ad victoriam, rockets... I think in husky it could be good if both teams spawn the same in first spawn because in my experience, sometimes the teams lost because one team got better weapons in the beginning and they capture fast, so the next minutes they just defend.
Yeah that's a very annoying problem, I think the most they can do is give the two teams the same weapons at least in the first spawn.
I had got games in husky where I don't get any rockets/ incineration, or others where they give me one sniper in 10min.
I think my worst game was one that my team got like weapons of level 3 and the enemy team got ad victoriam, rockets... I think in husky it could be good if both teams spawn the same in first spawn because in my experience, sometimes the teams lost because one team got better weapons in the beginning and they capture fast, so the next minutes they just defend.
Yeah if one team continues to get good weapons and have a cap, what's to stop them camping and just racking up kills while I'm here with a sword and plasma pistol. Can't do much when most of the maps are far distance. Playmra or whatever it is, is the worst map ever
there are tons of just trash maps in both Husky and BTB super fiesta about the only good one in BTB is the sand trap remake and the only few that I've found to be fun in husky are stand clear and meta most are really bad sylphner (or whatever it's called) being particularly awful
Yeah I've had it happen where I spawned with a plasma pistol and plasma rifle 3 times in a row. I'm sure it's not too difficult to tweak the randomization code to not allow you to get the same combo twice in a row.

They should also tweak it so that if more than one person on the other team has a super power weapon like the answer and prophets bane at the same time, someone on the opposite team gets spawned with a super power weapon.

I know fiesta is supposed to be random, but it also needs to be a little more fair at times.
If you want fair and balanced, that's what ranked team slayer is for. Super Fiesta is for high rolling. You're gonna spawn with god-tier weaponry or you're gonna spawn with -Yoink--tier weaponry. Get lucky or keep dying until you get lucky. I played a game where I spawned with The Answer twice. I also played a game where I spawned with the Plasma Pistol and Spartan Laser 3 times in a row. Everyone's playing on the same field, in that no one knows what they're going to spawn with. There are no "tweaks" that need to be made.
there are tons of just trash maps in both Husky and BTB super fiesta about the only good one in BTB is the sand trap remake and the only few that I've found to be fun in husky are stand clear and meta most are really bad sylphner (or whatever it's called) being particularly awful
They are just way to small the sand trap remake is good as is Viking. There is randomness then there is just broken coding which seems to the case.
kjbart wrote:
Yeah I've had it happen where I spawned with a plasma pistol and plasma rifle 3 times in a row. I'm sure it's not too difficult to tweak the randomization code to not allow you to get the same combo twice in a row.

They should also tweak it so that if more than one person on the other team has a super power weapon like the answer and prophets bane at the same time, someone on the opposite team gets spawned with a super power weapon.

I know fiesta is supposed to be random, but it also needs to be a little more fair at times.
I really dig this solution BTW
Back on the old halo 3 days we used to play a custom game varient of fiesta that seemed way more balanced and in the end more fun. Basically its almost the same thing except your primary spawn weapon is always the battle rifle and your secondary was random, as well as every weapon spawn on the map is also set to random.

Basically it was a bit fair as you would always have your BR and wouldn't get screwed with let's say double plasma pistol spawn (you know you get double plasma pistol spawn when all you get is a plasma pistol lol). Was a lot of fun
I just played a match were I got a base brute plasma riffle 3 times in a row along with a base plasma pistol. Meanwhile the enemy team had the answer, a prophets bane, and norfang followed by a few incineration cannons. Needless to say we lost. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember the randomization of weapons being this bad in any of the previous Halo games.
I would agree, it’s frustrating and I experienced it many times myself. But it’s also the nature of randomisation. You think that it should be balanced but that’s not part of the algorithm apparently.

When I play Husky Raid, I tend to spawn with horrible weapons, especially while the other team is trying to get away with the flag. I think, the problem also is that many weapons that are actually good don’t help you when you’re up against Hydras and Rocket Launchers. That’s what I think is the biggest issue in this.
They are just way to small the sand trap remake is good as is Viking. There is randomness then there is just broken coding which seems to the case.
They added in some new ones. There's one on a desert map that has a Phantom on it which is pretty fun.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I've had that happen multiple times before.

There's one on a desert map that has a Phantom on it which is pretty fun.
Are you talking about Altar? It has a Pelican on it, but the H3 version I think it had a Phantom.
Maybe precious Halo Fiesta modes weren't truly random and were weighted? Either way, I can't look at one specific story from a few people who had that one bad experience and conclude that randomization is broken. Did it give you the same version of each weapon everytime?
The bad spawns always stick out more than the good ones.

Although when the tanks are Oni or Hannibal, or banshees are ultra, the minimum laser level should be endgame in my opinion.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

Are you talking about Altar? It has a Pelican on it, but the H3 version I think it had a Phantom.
There's another new map that actually has a hovering Phantom on it. I've played it once so far, but don't remember the name.

Edit: I think it was called Pioneer.
Edit: I think it was called Pioneer.
Oh, right. Forgot about that one.
Listen up, Halo super fiesta game play is dictated by the weapons you spawn with. Games are won by using strategy and tactics, not by just blasting the enemy with rockets. You need to vary your play as required. Yes its frustrating when you spawn with pistols against power weapons....but life is not fair....lean how to play to win with what your given.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

No, one of the new ones from comp BTB. Dont remember the name. The Phantom actually flies/hovers and you can leap through it. Its pretty cool.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2