2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 32
better then warzone. its what btb is supposed to be. terrible for req points and xp tho
Sick of strongholds
These Forge maps really should be given the visual treatment and assets as the base game's original maps have been given. They look way too cartoonish I think.
i feel the same way, almost like the new map graphics are last gen.
It could be better, BR s can become annoying rather quickly (Is it just me?) but the amount of other weapons and vehicles counter this and provide variety although the respawn rate for a lot of vehicles seems a bit high.
SCRIZO wrote:
These Forge maps really should be given the visual treatment and assets as the base game's original maps have been given. They look way too cartoonish I think.
i feel the same way, almost like the new map graphics are last gen.
I noticed this when I first saw the previews of the new maps for the update and I was hoping they would polish them up too, apparently they did not.
343 can't even make their own maps. it's comical, they hire people to make 4 forge maps then call it btb. if forge was released when the game came out this would already be a thing. no one wants strongholds either, bring back assault!!
Initial impressions for me; not enjoying Big Team.

• Played 4 matches in a sitting, 3 of which were CTF on Guillotine.
  • Strongholds really doesn't fit Big Team. The cap time is an eternity and unless the whole team is locked in, you will never cap.
  • Wow, I have never one time complained of the okay visuals in Halo 5. I love 60 fps. But these maps look disgusting.
  • I love 343 and this game on the whole but this first update put a sour taste in my mouth.
Avid BTB player here....but my first match in H5 was a huge let down. Map sucked (snowy thing) and the flow just seemed off. Guess its back to Warzone for me.

Ill never be the first one to complain either but these maps are just hilariously bad in terms of visuals. Theyre free...damn right they are, because they're Forge maps. This makes me sort of worried about the future DLC. First time I'm really disappointed by 343.
The maps look pretty bad. I could live with the fact that they are forge maps, but the buildings and walls lack texture and it looks really weird. I spent probably 75% of my matchmaking time in BTB in Halo 2-Reach so this is pretty unacceptable to me. It is great that they are trying to make H5 a competitive shooter but they have really turned their back on the casual fans like myself. BTB and customs were what kept me hooked on Halo 3 and if 343 doesn't improve both of those then I will be moving on to other games.
Not too bad I think it's better then Warzone my opinion only thing I don't like is that there should be more maps at least 4 of them
My only complaint so far is the REQ points are nothing. They should at least match the payout of War Zone
The only issue I have with it is the low REQ point rewards. If playing Warzone is the best option to get large REQ point rewards this game will get boring quick.
So far they're not too bad. I'm a little disappointed that the maps have shrunk. The Headlong and Longbow remakes should have been kept at the same size, IMO. The improved mobility of the players would combat any "map's too big" issues. I also would like a Heavies option at some point. That was a favourite playlist of mine from Reach and 4. Overall though, I'm liking it so far.
Yea, I've only played 3-4 BTB matches thus far and count me in with the group that genuinely doesn't like Stronghold... I don't mind it in arena, it just doesn't scale properly in BTB in my opinion. I feel like the maps are too large and the zones are too small to the point where players genuinely don't care about capping the points, because everything's always so far away and everyone would always want to be the ones racking up the kills instead of being the people having to go on a cross country trip to cap the tiny base. Or that the gametype just sucks...

It's possible that it would be better if the scoring went up to 200, because 150 can only absorb one "wait what the -Yoink- is going on we are down 70-10 already" wave before the game is essentially decided. One lucky nade can give you or the team the middle base for a long stretch and then by appearances the game will feel over and either your team or the opponents will stop trying.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo places more emphasis on wins not kd
Who's likely won't be going back to war zone my friend,I wouldn't regret it at allz
I do war you,all the maps are remakes which I do have a little problem with but hey,atleast they are actually decent compared to previous map pools
Also here is my internets logic,it took 4HOURS TO DOWNLOAD 57% but it took 27MINUTES to download the rest on the morning...I'm crying my self to sleep tonight :'(
Gevaun wrote:
Halo places more emphasis on wins not kd
People all ways say I stated for kid in Warzone but I just said why would I do that,because you can't see your me,only kills
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 32