Why some users has ranks in their waypoint profile in BTB like this, how is that possible? I thought was a hidden rank.
If I am remembering correctly, and maybe I am not cause I have been drinking, but at one time H5 BTB was ranked but it didn't work for fart so they made it soical. However if that rank was the highest you ever ranked it will show that way on your profile since it shows your highest rank ever held.
LethalQ wrote:
If I am remembering correctly, and maybe I am not cause I have been drinking, but at one time H5 BTB was ranked but it didn't work for fart so they made it soical. However if that rank was the highest you ever ranked it will show that way on your profile since it shows your highest rank ever held.
could be, I search the seasons records since 2016 but I didnt see BTB was ranked, maybe in 2015 but I dont know why I cant see that records seasons
Some of the earliest seasons have been deprecated, though if someone's highest rank was achieved in one of those deprecated seasons, it still shows up as their All-Time Highest CSR Achieved. And yeah, BTB was ranked at one point, but the rampant quitting ruined it since there's no JIP for ranked games. It was made social as a result.
It looks like Waypoint's season history doesn't go all the way back to the beginning, because I got my highest rank early on but can't find that season in the dropdown menu. So it could be a similar case for you. However, that highest rank I achieved is still correct, even if I can't look up that season.

This was a reply from a Mod to a similar question on another thread.
This game did not have social for quite a while. Was all ranked. It didn't work to well for many casual players. Wouldn't mind having a ranked BTB again though. Just as long as social keeps it.
Wouldn't mind having a ranked BTB again though. Just as long as social keeps it.
They won't do this because it would effectively split/fracture the existing BTB population.
eLantern wrote:
Wouldn't mind having a ranked BTB again though. Just as long as social keeps it.
They won't do this because it would effectively split/fracture the existing BTB population.
Understandable late in this games life. Hopefully in Halo 6 it would be a thing. I really enjoyed ranked BTB. Learned a lot from my mistakes and playing with similar or better people.
Ranked Btb, interesting. Id rather play that then other ranked playlists.
eLantern wrote:
Understandable late in this games life. Hopefully in Halo 6 it would be a thing. I really enjoyed ranked BTB. Learned a lot from my mistakes and playing with similar or better people.
And yet the problem with a Ranked BTB is exactly what people have mentioned above: quitters. Larger team sized playlists inevitably possess larger temperaments for quitting partly because of the inherent relationship between player and potential, but also due to increased difficulties at nailing down team balance and match fairness.
The "pre-season" ranks don't show up anymore in the menu, but your highest rank from that season will still show up on your profile if that's your highest rank achieved.
I didnt know that BTB was ranked, I get my Halo 5 in middle 2016, thanks