BTB Refresh Just Dropped - Thoughts?

OP iTs Heavies

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Looks like the BTB Refresh was just dropped. Curious to see everyone’s first impressions.
Haven't tried it yet, so have they increased the exp yet?, I like BTB but the exp payouts are useful awful compared to other playlists or probably try the playlist more.
I love them
The refresh has given me no compelling reason to come back to Halo 5 at all considering they continue to make poor decisions with regards to the weapons players start with. I lost all interest after reading that players start with the broken and useless regular BR. Their justifications for this choice are not very strong either. Happily continuing to stay away from Halo 5.
Now these are the best maps ever
tuhin94 wrote:
The refresh has given me no compelling reason to come back to Halo 5 at all considering they continue to make poor decisions with regards to the weapons players start with. I lost all interest after reading that players start with the broken and useless regular BR. Their justifications for this choice are not very strong either. Happily continuing to stay away from Halo 5.
Yea this is exactly why I haven't played BTB much since every time I did it was a frustrating experience. The only time it was okay was if I could get a Carbine/Light Rifle or DMR. If you are playing against decent players more than likely you won't have access to these better primary rifles. Soo basically the starting weapon is useless at midrange where it's intended range is supposed to be. The Stabilization Jets BR is not over powered like they claim it just shoots straight but it doesn't have much range. It still gets outclassed by the Carbine/Light Rifle and DMR. If the starting weapon can't shoot straight it is nearly impossible to take down people in vehicles if they are half way decent
This is how btb should have shipped
Seems like Boulevard has an issue of spawning in the enclosed corner by Eastgate but maybe that is intended.

EDIT: is Boulevard slayer heavily weighted? I played eight games and had it for four of them.
Pretty happy with most of the changes. I just wish we could get a better BR :(
The crap br starts make it hard to enjoy just spend the start of every spawn looking for a magnum or anything else but now we are fighting with our own team not over the sniper but swapping out the terrible load out weapons ! This was the one thing I was looking forward to changing in the refresh but nobody wants to use the br in its current state it’s just not a fun gun to use so takes the gloss off all the work they have done to this list
Pioneer map is unbalanced red team is closer to all the power ups and weapons
ronnie42 wrote:
Haven't tried it yet, so have they increased the exp yet?, I like BTB but the exp payouts are useful awful compared to other playlists or probably try the playlist more.
It is featured for the time being so it should be double XP.
There’s a truck load of magnums carbines dmrs on most maps. If you don’t like the br they threw a lot of options out there for you to use. Especially magnums. I seem to have a pistol for most of the game.

Ive been messing around in btb looking for all the changes and what not today. Boulevard is the only map That seems unchanged that I’ve loaded into. Sandbox is a little different though.
Iam a little curious about the one flag mode when btb goes ranked. I have nightmares about facing organized teams in h3 on one sided objective games. Last resort one bomb. *shudders*. It’s like a warzone core spawn farm times 10.
ronnie42 wrote:
It is featured for the time being so it should be double XP.
Don't think that means double exp, I believe that just means the xp is just slightly higher than normal because I've had double exp payouts when 343i actually announce them, they were a lot higher than what I generally get from just 'featured playlists'. Plus end up playing WZ or Infection more since they generally seem to give better payouts.

It's like normally for Warzone I could get around 5k while Warzone Turbo could give me up to 20-50k per 12 minutes.
While BTB I'd be lucky to get around 2-5k on a normal day while featured I doubt it go much higher.
I really enjoy it although the OneFlag CTFs seem like they end with a tie way too much
Glad to have these new maps but I thought this refresh was supposed to have made the maps look better than forge maps. Played on dead heat a remix of h3 standoff essentially and pioneer which red team does seem to have an advantage on. On a cool note I had Unyshek on my team last game, that was kinda cool. Even though we lost by quite a bit.
ronnie42 wrote:
It's like normally for Warzone I could get around 5k while Warzone Turbo could give me up to 20-50k per 12 minutes.
While BTB I'd be lucky to get around 2-5k on a normal day while featured I doubt it go much higher.
I believe featured playlists are double XP. In WZ Turbo I would get around 10K unboosted and with boosts it can be as high as 20K. The arena payouts (for time required) are pretty piss poor so double XP might seem pretty low.
The new changes to Viking will kick you guys right in the nostalgia
There’s a truck load of magnums carbines dmrs on most maps. If you don’t like the br they threw a lot of options out there for you to use. Especially magnums. I seem to have a pistol for most of the game.

Ive been messing around in btb looking for all the changes and what not today. Boulevard is the only map That seems unchanged that I’ve loaded into. Sandbox is a little different though.
It's nice that they offered more pickups to be used, but it still doesn't address the issue with the BR. If the other team has the better pick up rifles there is little you can do off spawn since the BR isn't a reliable gun. I haven't really enjoyed BTB for quite some time due to the BR being frustrating to use. They could have at least made it BR/Magnum starts
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4