Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

BTB Refresh Just Dropped - Thoughts?

OP iTs Heavies

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Started playing it yesterday. I really like the change to BR starts as I play enough with the magnum in Ranked. It's refreshing. I still have to learn all the maps but they look great.
Played a few games and had different maps each time. Feels like the maps have much better graphics than they did previously. I really like it.
I like it so far. The new maps are great, there are plenty of magnums around, and I can finally play objective games rather than just btb slayer.
Great refresh, I love the new Echoes, but...

Add a voting system! I got Voyager like six times in a row.
Dom0429 wrote:
Great refresh, I love the new Echoes, but...

Add a voting system! I got Voyager like six times in a row.
Are you backing out of the lobby between matches? If you are, don't do that. Stay through intermission and the likelihood of you getting the same map multiple times in a row is significantly lower.
TimeDipper wrote:
For Chub wrote:
TimeDipper wrote:
For Chub wrote:
Terrible per usual. It's not exactly 343i's fault, but there simply aren't many well designed BTB's in Halo 5. Not many forgers know how to design for BTB and those that do, often spit out uninspired medicoracy as that is the safer route or simply lack playtesters to bring there maps to that next level.

I doubt anyone here knows who I am, but in H6 you will. I'll be forging exclusively BTB content in Infinite and will show the Halo community what a true visceral an immersive BTB experience is really about. Cheers to the future!
Talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
Forge's the same 2 base 2 tower BTB map design that's been done ad nauseum. Thinks he's a GOD.
I am but a simple man with a simple map...I have no problem admitting that. There is nothing wrong with a traditional formula if people enjoy it.
^lol. Is this competitive forging trash talk I see? I didn’t know such a thing existed until now. When’s the forging 1v1 happening? Can we stream?

also I just played ancestor. I like the changes on this map. That new lift changes a lot.
Looks like the BTB Refresh was just dropped. Curious to see everyone’s first impressions.
LOVE everything about the refresh except one thing... VIKING IS AWFUL... the map is garbage now and theres way too many vehicles on it. Besides that all the new and updated maps are fantastic! I'm also thoroughly enjoying 1-flag!
Volize wrote:
Pretty happy with most of the changes. I just wish we could get a better BR :(
The sound of Halo 5 BR sounds like damn rusty nailgun going off. I hate it. Halo 2 BR in Halo 5 however great sound. I was hoping for some version of terminal from Halo 2.
Volize wrote:
Pretty happy with most of the changes. I just wish we could get a better BR :(
The sound of Halo 5 BR sounds like damn rusty nailgun going off. I hate it. Halo 2 BR in Halo 5 however great sound. I was hoping for some version of terminal from Halo 2.
That’s true. Weapon sounds aren’t a very big deal to me though, it’s all about how good the weapon is.
I would like the new BTB more, but still having an inaccurate weapon that everyone is looking for other answers for as soon as you spawn in takes a lot away from it.
HaL0ed wrote:
I like it to me it feels like a refresh and I think they should do this with all game modes maybe if they did this to warzone that would be spectacular.
If anything, Warzone Firefight desperately needs a refresh.
G Bomb v1 wrote:
I would like the new BTB more, but still having an inaccurate weapon that everyone is looking for other answers for as soon as you spawn in takes a lot away from it.
As one of the current BTB map forgers told us during testing, "why can't you guys just enjoy all the aspects of Halo 5, even if you don't like them"

You just need to force yourself to enjoy the BR, even if you don't like it.
G Bomb v1 wrote:
I would like the new BTB more, but still having an inaccurate weapon that everyone is looking for other answers for as soon as you spawn in takes a lot away from it.
As one of the current BTB map forgers told us during testing, "why can't you guys just enjoy all the aspects of Halo 5, even if you don't like them"

You just need to force yourself to enjoy the BR, even if you don't like it.
My friend, you took what I said out of context completely. The moment in particular I remember vividly because I had killed Backdraft with a needler and he complained even more and chastised me for using the weapon. I then countered with “I like the needler. It’s a fun Gun. Just try and enjoy all aspects of halo.” And he spun it to be about the SJ BR. I never said anything about forcing you to like the current BR.
I'm liking it thus far, but I'd really like to see the things below before the playlist becomes ranked:
  • Add a few more Neutral Bomb (Assault) modes to the playlist to increase the mode's availability; in particular, bring back Neutral Bomb (Assault) on Echoes.
  • Bring the Eagle Square map back to the playlist; assuming frame-rate issues weren't the actual reason for its dismissal.
  • Replace the regular Recon Battle Rifle with the Long-Barrel variant as the primary loadout weapon; the reason why can be read HERE.
EDIT:
  • Increase the XP & RP payouts. Particularly the XP.
eLantern wrote:
I'm liking it thus far, but I'd really like to see the things below before the playlist becomes ranked:
  • Add a few more Neutral Bomb (Assault) modes to the playlist to increase the mode's availability; in particular, bring back Neutral Bomb (Assault) on Echoes.
  • Bring the Eagle Square map back to the playlist; assuming frame-rate issues weren't the actual reason for its dismissal.
  • Replace the regular Recon Battle Rifle with the Long-Barrel variant as the primary loadout weapon; the reason why can be read HERE.
I do love me some Assault on Echoes. On a personal level, Eagle Square was my most disliked map, extremely predictable game play that hurt its replay value, it also looked the worst out of every map ever. The simplest of designs, again just my personal opinion, I’m all for what is best for the game, but that map made my head twitch.

Long Barrel BR, you have excellent reasoning for that weapon. I could take it or leave it, but good work on that post.
D4rkDeath wrote:
eLantern wrote:
  • Bring the Eagle Square map back to the playlist; assuming frame-rate issues weren't the actual reason for its dismissal.
On a personal level, Eagle Square was my most disliked map, extremely predictable game play that hurt its replay value, it also looked the worst out of every map ever. The simplest of designs, again just my personal opinion, I’m all for what is best for the game, but that map made my head twitch.
I never thought Eagle Square was a good looking map, but I always appreciated the nuanced game-play on it; especially, for objective modes. A big part of the reason is that the usefulness of the vehicles were limited for more tactical strategies instead of being featured as the equivalent of defacto power weapons which is often the case for most BTB maps. Also, I felt the bases and map traversal paths (particularly between infantry and vehicles) were intriguingly clever despite being simple in design; thus, somehow they ended up being fairly unique or at least I thought they were for a symmetrical city-like map, but maybe that's just me. In the end, I just miss what that map offered and provided game-play wise because I felt it was quite good in its simplicity.
eLantern wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
eLantern wrote:
  • Bring the Eagle Square map back to the playlist; assuming frame-rate issues weren't the actual reason for its dismissal.
On a personal level, Eagle Square was my most disliked map, extremely predictable game play that hurt its replay value, it also looked the worst out of every map ever. The simplest of designs, again just my personal opinion, I’m all for what is best for the game, but that map made my head twitch.
I never thought Eagle Square was a good looking map, but I always appreciated the nuanced game-play on it; especially, for objective modes. A big part of the reason is that the usefulness of the vehicles were limited for more tactical strategies instead of being featured as the equivalent of defacto power weapons which is often the case for most BTB maps. Also, I felt the bases and map traversal paths (particularly between infantry and vehicles) were intriguingly clever despite being simple in design; thus, somehow they ended up being fairly unique or at least I thought they were for a symmetrical city-like map, but maybe that's just me. In the end, I just miss what that map offered and provided game-play wise because I felt it was quite good in its simplicity.
Yeah, my opinions aside, I think it was a mix of dodge rates and community backlash that put the nail in the coffin for Eagle Square. Also, if all the maps were fixed and none were cut, the playlist would be so bloated by now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4