Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Buff the HYDRA

OP JasonDahFolf

While I personally think the Hydra is sitting pretty well in its role as a space denial weapon, it doesn't perform too well against vehicles. It struggles against medium armored targets. Here's the big question: Should the Hydra be buffed, and how? I would like to see it buffed with a Kinetic Bolts-like effect where it deals extra damage to vehicles.
While I personally think the Hydra is sitting pretty well in its role as a space denial weapon, it doesn't perform too well against vehicles. It struggles against medium armored targets. Here's the big question: Should the Hydra be buffed, and how? I would like to see it buffed with a Kinetic Bolts-like effect where it deals extra damage to vehicles.
I think we need a mythic hydra that fires capsules from which full-sized actual hydras spring up. They could even breathe fire (because it would be cool) and have claws that can take out a scorpion and the only way to take them down would be to have your entire team coordinate fire and take out all the heads at once (maybe with-in three seconds to keep things from being broken.)
I think we need a mythic hydra that fires capsules from which full-sized actual hydras spring up. They could even breathe fire (because it would be cool) and have claws that can take out a scorpion and the only way to take them down would be to have your entire team coordinate fire and take out all the heads at once (maybe with-in three seconds to keep things from being broken.)
Of course that would have to be a Level 9 REQ
Of course that would have to be a Level 9 REQ
Level 8. 5 shots. No additional ammo. You could have a level 9 variant where the Hydras can surround themselves with electricity though. That would prevent you from running up their necks with a covenant energy sword.
That’s already broken tbh. Let’s be honest an entire team wouldn’t be able to communicate (most don’t know each other) those 3 seconds just flipped the game because of 1 shot. And if not well the guy with the ultimate hydra is about to get his name all over the feed. If it was like reg lvl 1000 then maybe
That’s already broken tbh. Let’s be honest an entire team wouldn’t be able to communicate (most don’t know each other) those 3 seconds just flipped the game because of 1 shot. And if not well the guy with the ultimate hydra is about to get his name all over the feed. If it was like reg lvl 1000 then maybe
The player isn't controlling the individual hyrdras, consider it the equivalent of summoning a bunch of bosses. It's up to the player to take advantage of the awesome.
use the rare hydra with a damage boost it's op
The player isn't controlling the individual hyrdras, consider it the equivalent of summoning a bunch of bosses. It's up to the player to take advantage of the awesome.
I'm gonna have to refer you to the Weapons Tuning Discussion thread and lock this topic ok? Something of this magnitude needs to be in the right spot lol
Whitedooom wrote:
I'm gonna have to refer you to the Weapons Tuning Discussion thread and lock this topic ok? Something of this magnitude needs to be in the right spot lol
Whitedooom wrote:
<3 <3
Oh gotcha I read that as the individual shoots the hydra going forward and it’ll hit (basically regular gun but this time shoots hydra) I mean that would be ridiculous but funny at the same time.
I think it's fine in its current state. It takes a lot of hits to take out a vehicle, but you do get plenty of ammo. The only thing I think it could improve on a little is its closer range encounters. You have to shoot it straight up or else you risk it not locking onto the target.
I strongly disagree. A full barrage will destroy a ghost. I have never known one to survive with all six missiles hitting, and it only takes 2 from behind. I am not sure how many it takes for hogs, but when all 6 hit I usually do kill the gunner and/or passenger while the driver basically limps away in a smoldering ruin. Aircraft are vulnerable too. They can evade it but the missiles have such strong tracking capability that the only reliable way to avoid them is flying behind cover or banshee boosting until the fuse detonates. Last night I unloaded about 15 into a wraith and it got away, but I felt it was "right" as the base model hydra isn't meant to be god and work against every target. The hydra is incredibly powerful against personnel and light vehicles. They way you can bend missiles around corners or shoot them straight up after a lock (works kind of like a mortar to make cover useless) makes your hits all but guaranteed. With that kind of ammo reserve and firing speed, making it more powerful seems a bit much.
Have a Hydra shoot pocket MOAB's, that's what I call a buff....I think....Why the voices in my head that's the worst idea ever....of all time?
I strongly disagree. A full barrage will destroy a ghost. I have never known one to survive with all six missiles hitting, and it only takes 2 from behind. I am not sure how many it takes for hogs, but when all 6 hit I usually do kill the gunner and/or passenger while the driver basically limps away in a smoldering ruin. Aircraft are vulnerable too. They can evade it but the missiles have such strong tracking capability that the only reliable way to avoid them is flying behind cover or banshee boosting until the fuse detonates. Last night I unloaded about 15 into a wraith and it got away, but I felt it was "right" as the base model hydra isn't meant to be god and work against every target. The hydra is incredibly powerful against personnel and light vehicles. They way you can bend missiles around corners or shoot them straight up after a lock (works kind of like a mortar to make cover useless) makes your hits all but guaranteed. With that kind of ammo reserve and firing speed, making it more powerful seems a bit much.
My only issue with the base Hydra, is I find the lock on a tad on the slow side. Other than that it's pretty good. The ultra rare variant's a BEAST.
Make it happen.
You can also lock onto specific people in a Hog and kill them instead of the vehicle. Takes a little bit of shifting and shuffling to get the lock but when you do you can pick off a gunner.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."