Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Bumper Jumper Control Scheme?

OP Super Swiper

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
According to players who have had hands on with the game, the Default controls for Halo 5 are as follows:

LT- Smart Scope/Zoom
RT- Shoot
LB- Grenade
RB- Melee
Left Stick- Sprint
Y- Change Weapons
X- Swap Weapons/Reload
B- Crouch/Use Thrusters
A- Jump

The scheme for Bumper Jumper has not yet been released, but please make it as follows:

LT- Grenade
RT- Shoot
LB- Jump
RB- Melee
Left Stick- Crouch
Right Stick- Smart Scope/Zoom
Y- Change Weapons
X- Thrusters
B- Swap Weapons/Reload
A- Sprint
Yeah, nothing that involves movement (except crouch) on the sticks please. Hopefully bumper jumper is like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goofed in one area.
I agree. I don't want a LT zoom feature. The right stick works perfect.
I agree. I don't want a LT zoom feature. The right stick works perfect.
True ^^
I mean because of recent shooters, I've gotten used to the Zoom & Shoot layout. I just wish for bumper jumper they would swap A with LB.
I mean because of recent shooters, I've gotten used to the Zoom & Shoot layout. I just wish for bumper jumper they would swap A with LB.
That is what I want too. I can never get used to bumper jumper due to the melee and reload changing as well.
According to players who have had hands on with the game, the Default controls for Halo 5 are as follows:

LT- Smart Scope/Zoom
RT- Shoot
LB- Grenade
RB- Melee
Left Stick- Sprint
Y- Change Weapons
X- Swap Weapons/Reload
B- Crouch/Use Thrusters
A- Jump

The scheme for Bumper Jumper has not yet been released, but please make it as follows:

LT- Grenade
RT- Shoot
LB- Jump
RB- Melee
Left Stick- Crouch
Right Stick- Smart Scope/Zoom
Y- Change Weapons
X- Thrusters
B- Swap Weapons/Reload
A- Sprint
that's exactly how i want my bumper-jumper scheme to look. i'm using it since a few years already and
playing Halo without Bumper-Jumper in another way than i'm used to would just feel...wrong.
Oh wow, I think you hit the nail on the head with your write up. Great work and I really hope 343 includes this.
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
It's not. The Bioshock 2 multiplayer had it. 343 will continue to copy CoD until they disband.
i love bumper jumper, i just can't get around the idea of sprint being the A button
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
It opens the door to modding and makes it a little more difficult to maintain the arena shooter vibe.
i love bumper jumper, i just can't get around the idea of sprint being the A button
Get a Scuf controller, it's what I did. Look into it.
That's how it was in the beta
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
It opens the door to modding and makes it a little more difficult to maintain the arena shooter vibe.
i love bumper jumper, i just can't get around the idea of sprint being the A button
Get a Scuf controller, it's what I did. Look into it.
i ordered one yesterday got 4 padels and trigger stops :)
I mean because of recent shooters, I've gotten used to the Zoom & Shoot layout. I just wish for bumper jumper they would swap A with LB.
What's the name of the Layout that you wish to change??

Bumper Jumper worls fine as it is, no changes plz
JB Linken wrote:
Oh wow, I think you hit the nail on the head with your write up. Great work and I really hope 343 includes this.
Didn't anyone of you guys use Bumper Jumper in the Beta, OP has the exact layout, the same as in Halo 4 basically!

For a more accurate look at Halo 5's Bumper Jumper, look below!

RT - Fire Weapon
LT - Throw Grenade
RB - Melee/Charge/Ground Pound
LB - Jump/Clamber
RS - Smart Scope/Stabilizer(Toggle)
LS - Crouch/Slide
Y - Swap Weapons
B - Reload/Interact
X - Thruster Pack
A - Sprint
Start - Pause/Menu
Back - Scoreboard/Objective(s)
D-Pad - Swap Grenade Type

After the Beta 343 dropped a list of changes they will make/made after community feedback, one of which was moving the Ground Pound button, it used to be the crouch button which really screwed up crouch jumping and would get you killed. It's not confirmed but the best choice would be to put it on the melee button, so that's what you see above!
Baztian B wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Oh wow, I think you hit the nail on the head with your write up. Great work and I really hope 343 includes this.
Didn't anyone of you guys use Bumper Jumper in the Beta, OP has the exact layout, the same as in Halo 4 basically!

For a more accurate look at Halo 5's Bumper Jumper, look below!

RT - Fire Weapon
LT - Throw Grenade
RB - Melee/Charge/Ground Pound
LB - Jump/Clamber
RS - Smart Scope/Stabilizer(Toggle)
LS - Crouch/Slide
Y - Swap Weapons
B - Reload/Interact
X - Thruster Pack
A - Sprint
Start - Pause/Menu
Back - Scoreboard/Objective(s)
D-Pad - Swap Grenade Type

After the Beta 343 dropped a list of changes they will make/made after community feedback, one of which was moving the Ground Pound button, it used to be the crouch button which really screwed up crouch jumping and would get you killed. It's not confirmed but the best choice would be to put it on the melee button, so that's what you see above!
I used it in the Beta, cant remember where the buttons are. but im pretty sure op is right with what he wants im pretty sure its very close to Bumper Jumper in halo 5..

Now I do have a problem with the bumper jumper in halo 5 tho.. Because of the new abilities when u jump to dodge a bullet, and then use the crouch so that your head moves, the game thinks ur activating the ground pound,,, and that leads to a death... tut tut... +
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
It opens the door to modding and makes it a little more difficult to maintain the arena shooter vibe.
i love bumper jumper, i just can't get around the idea of sprint being the A button
Get a Scuf controller, it's what I did. Look into it.
I've been looking at one, what's the advantages of it?
Conor5017 wrote:
Baztian B wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Oh wow, I think you hit the nail on the head with your write up. Great work and I really hope 343 includes this.
Didn't anyone of you guys use Bumper Jumper in the Beta, OP has the exact layout, the same as in Halo 4 basically!

For a more accurate look at Halo 5's Bumper Jumper, look below!

RT - Fire Weapon
LT - Throw Grenade
RB - Melee/Charge/Ground Pound
LB - Jump/Clamber
RS - Smart Scope/Stabilizer(Toggle)
LS - Crouch/Slide
Y - Swap Weapons
B - Reload/Interact
X - Thruster Pack
A - Sprint
Start - Pause/Menu
Back - Scoreboard/Objective(s)
D-Pad - Swap Grenade Type

After the Beta 343 dropped a list of changes they will make/made after community feedback, one of which was moving the Ground Pound button, it used to be the crouch button which really screwed up crouch jumping and would get you killed. It's not confirmed but the best choice would be to put it on the melee button, so that's what you see above!
I used it in the Beta, cant remember where the buttons are. but im pretty sure op is right with what he wants im pretty sure its very close to Bumper Jumper in halo 5..

Now I do have a problem with the bumper jumper in halo 5 tho.. Because of the new abilities when u jump to dodge a bullet, and then use the crouch so that your head moves, the game thinks ur activating the ground pound,,, and that leads to a death... tut tut... +
That's exactly what I said, which is why the ground pound is on the melee button(only activates when in the air, holding down the melee button)
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
Yes, this is best I think. If 343 wants to put in a bunch of preset schemes, great. But please let us map our own buttons. A couple of my friends talk about not getting the controller layouts they want pretty often because they just want to swap two buttons. I would also enjoy the freedom of choice. Even if its not ready at launch please include this in an update.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2