Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Bumper Jumper Control Scheme?

OP Super Swiper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We should be able to create custom controller layouts. Map any button to any action. Why is this so hard to implement?
It opens the door to modding and makes it a little more difficult to maintain the arena shooter vibe.
i love bumper jumper, i just can't get around the idea of sprint being the A button
Get a Scuf controller, it's what I did. Look into it.
I've been looking at one, what's the advantages of it?
Here is the advantages in Scuf's own words. It's for H4, but you get the point. Just replace the phrase armor ability with thrust.

Anyway, to those confused that the OP got it right, this thread was made last November, before the beta. Not sure why it got revived.
LT - Aim Weapon
RT - Shoot
LB - Jump/Clamber
RB - Grenade
LS - Move/Sprint
RS - Aim
Y - Switch Weapons
X - Reload
B - Crouch
A - Thruster Pack
It was in the beta exactly how it was in 4 except X is dedicated to thrust now.
This is a really old thread. o.O
Thinking about grabbing an Elite controller for H5, just so that I can put Thruster on one of the underside paddles, maybe sprint and reload too if I can wrap my head around it. This means that the controls SHOULD be relatively programmable to accommodate this elite controller.
Thorulfr wrote:
Thinking about grabbing an Elite controller for H5, just so that I can put Thruster on one of the underside paddles, maybe sprint and reload too if I can wrap my head around it. This means that the controls SHOULD be relatively programmable to accommodate this elite controller.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember not being happy with the Bumper jumper controls in the beta, so just getting an elite would be more ideal.

Btw let's not resurrect old threads to whoever did.
I mean because of recent shooters, I've gotten used to the Zoom & Shoot layout. I just wish for bumper jumper they would swap A with LB.
You do know why it's called 'Bumper Jumper' right?
Guys, this upsurge of necros is getting ridiculous.
I hope so. I jump (lol) from Bumper Jumper and Recon myself.
I mean because of recent shooters, I've gotten used to the Zoom & Shoot layout. I just wish for bumper jumper they would swap A with LB.
That wouldn't be bumper jumper then, now would it. Lol wtf?
I agree. I don't want a LT zoom feature. The right stick works perfect.
well the left LT zoom can only work if holding it keeps you zoomed in. which then would give all players who use the RS a major disadvantage. they tried something in H4 but then went back to more original controls in H5
Holy revive
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2