Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Bungie's Spartans vs 343's Spartans, Your Opinion?

OP Zancuran

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
The question doesn't make sense because the spartan 2s and 4s are essentially the same thing. All armor is made of the same thing and follows the same guidelines. All the Spartans can use the same abilitys too. A spartan 2 can wear the same stuff a 4 can, and do all the same stuff. Im speaking form a cannon stand point. All and all its like doing rock paper scissors with Spartans and spartan gear.

Developer and all that special out of context stuff that everyone is talking about, I pick bungie for game play, but 343 in armor design. I just wish i could get the best of both worlds. The importance that we felt in bungie's Spartans, with the variation of 343's Spartans, but the customization of reach. Screw one set of armor, I want to mix things up again.

what dose the armor matter anyway? Isn't the point to not get shot? so who cares if the helmet is wacky, its not meant to take a bullet to the face.

Give me a spartan 5 or 6! Lets combine all things spartan.
cb3n wrote:
I did prefer storyline wise when Spartans were rare. These days canon indicates that there are as many Spartans out there as people who play the game. So that's a point for Bungie.

At the same time though, the various added superhuman feats that 343 has given Spartans this game are really appealing. I really like that 343 Spartans almost feel like superheroes, where Bungie Spartans played like clumsy Marines with shields. So that's a point for 343.

Design wise, I don't really have much of a preference. I guess 343's designs are a little more over the top, but the fact that canon now tells us there are millions of Spartans out there means there would be a market for tons of different types of armor.

Personally though, the canon needs another Reach. A big traumatic event where tons of Spartans are killed. I liked it better when they felt special
For all of Halo CE, 2, and 3 this is how I felt, I mean what about the track from Halo 2: The Last Spartan? You were the last one alive, the hope of humanity. Now they're a dime-a-dozen.
Zancuran wrote:
cb3n wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Are fps game not just shooting simulators?
No. No they are not. Sorry.
Have you ever seen a psychiatrist? Because video games are not real
Well actually they are quite real, I play them everyday or any chance I get
The game is real, because you see and live through your controller, the way life is real as you go outside and live it. Or maybe the game is real but life is not...maybe we are in a game right now, unaware and when life ends we wake up to the real world. Who can say we are not dreaming a dream within a dream?
Dude, I completely agree with you when it comes to the armor design. -Yoinking!- hate the power ranger look. Bring back the military look.
I wanted to make one more point. The redesign for master chief's armor is amazing. Really love it.
As for looks and behavior I would go with Bungie's spartans. As for more power and more abilities, I would go for 343I's spartans. Besides you can't blame 343I for making such "bad" spartans. They introduced us to a brand new spartan program. Different than the spartan lls.
From a design perspective, Bungie's Spartans were far more practical looking. The visors offered peripheral view (most of them), the armor covered the correct places and it actually looked maneuverable. 343's armor is just stylish and flashy and far too open in terms of protection and the helmet structures just make 0 sense. But some of them do look good and since this is a game, I really don't care too much practicality. But overall, Bungie wins that round.
But 343's spartans are far more agile and actually show performance like a super soldier should. Also since 343's gen of Spartans are much more easily produced and can match gen 2 and 3 spartans in both strength and agility, 343's Spartans, in an all out war, would win by numbers. But 1v1, a Gen 2 can demolish a gen 4 spartan with their added wits and longer experience. Gen 2 and 3 Spartans were basically bred for war while gen 4's are just beefed up ODSTs. In this case, I'll give 343 the hat for this since sheer numbers win in the end. IMO
(also excuse any mistakes, I've had quite a few drinks at the time of this post.) ^_^
Bungie with Halo Reach wins. Spartan IIIs, army troopers, and ODSTs. They're a lot more gritty. I liked the bolted on NVGs, Mag pouches, tacpads even the way they carried themselves made it more appealing. Closest armor we have now is solider, and the torso is pretty ugly
Yeah 343's Spartans are solo much smaller than Bungie's but that's because of the whole storyline. They needed more Spartans faster and couldn't take the time to make more Spartan IIs. And I agree there is very little armor I like from 343. They need to bring back more armor from Reach. I loved those armor sets and I would kill to wear the JFO helmet again or the commando shoulder haha.
sourwaffle wrote:
Bungie with Halo Reach wins. Spartan IIIs, army troopers, and ODSTs. They're a lot more gritty. I liked the bolted on NVGs, Mag pouches, tacpads even the way they carried themselves made it more appealing. Closest armor we have now is solider, and the torso is pretty ugly
Yeah very few torsos look good in Halo 5 I agree.
Okay ist a game
id rather the spartan-IV due to the armor looks nice (some)
Halo Reach had the best armour and armour customization ever.
Bungie's Spartans look and act cooler and are more military like compared to 343 Industries' Spartans.
I hate the majority of the armor designs as they seem impractical for the most part. Abdominal armor? Whats that? Shoulder armor? Not even once.

AS far as simulation goes, the wargames simulations are a canonical explanation as to why we have Red vs Blue Spartan battles. Prior to H4, no one really thought about why the Spartans were fighting to the death. OP, I don't think they fought against each other as they were re spawning. Doesn't really make sense.
So as we sit down at our Xboxes, we're playing a simulation of a simulation. Makes sense!
I can't stand most of these h5 armours. When you look at your fireteam in menu they look, well, childish, plastic, and yes, power rangery. Just yuck.
Bungie's Spartans 10000%
I prefer bungie's spartans. Nothing against 343 but I think that 343's spartans looks like Power Rangers on speed.
I love this and completely agree lol. They're awesome power rangers on speed, but power rangers none the less.
I prefer bungie's spartans. Nothing against 343 but I think that 343's spartans looks like Power Rangers on speed.
I love this and completely agree lol. They're awesome power rangers on speed, but power rangers none the less.
I wouldn't say awesome. Chief could 1v50 them.
I think you are taking the game a bit to far.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15