Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Buy Specific Req Cards Weapons/Vehicles/Powerups

OP Sgt Fergus

We really need to be able to buy reqs we want because the random draw this was okay back when we were unlocking stuff, but when you finish its going to be annoying when you want to use something that hardly ever comes up. Especially when there are so many average weapons that can take out phaetons and mantises, which people are are way underpowered, so they wont even use them because they are hard to come by and they refuse to use them. to keep it fair, you can still buy gold packs and take your luck at the draw that you might get something good. but if you want something specific, you pay a little bit more. so say a phaeton is only from gold req which is 10,000 but thats luck if you get it, which i hear is almost never other than when you unlocked it and after that it hardly shows up, but if you want to buy a direct one. you play 2000 req points. and just for the people that say that still might be unfair, which for a vehicle that apparently has the strength of tissue paper, that you can only buy 1 of each a day. so if you buy 5 items that are legendary, thats an entire gold pack right there. and these are for only what you already have unlocked. so you still got to do gold pack until you unlock the item you are wanting. I believe thats more than a fair trade off for when you want to use something specifically. it doesnt even have to be legendary, you can buy say rare for 500, ultra rare for 1000, uncommon for 250, common for 100 etc. something along that line. this would be very useful for WZ.
I think for this to work the req cost would have to be at least as high as 2000 for common to rare 5000 ultra rare and 10000 for legendary, mythic. Also the respective dollar amount as well. That way you can either grind out for the card you want, or spend the price of a gold pack (at max level for one). This way people could have either option, and 343i would still have the potential to make money. Presents a choice 10k gold pack no idea what your going to get or 10k for that elusive phaeton.
I think for this to work the req cost would have to be at least as high as 2000 for common to rare 5000 ultra rare and 10000 for legendary, mythic. Also the respective dollar amount as well. That way you can either grind out for the card you want, or spend the price of a gold pack (at max level for one). This way people could have either option, and 343i would still have the potential to make money. Presents a choice 10k gold pack no idea what your going to get or 10k for that elusive phaeton.
na thats pushing it too much 2000 for legendary i see is fine.
agreed with OP on the price, seems nicer to buy them in packs of five, its a bit less tedious and it would deff see more use. 5k for a pack of 5 pheatons. or in my opininion which i prefer.

vehicle packs.
5 random vehicles of a set rarity (only the vehicles you've unlocked)
so for example you have the oni mantis, oni tank and pheaton certs. and you buy a legendary vehicle pack for 7.5k
you can get 5 pheatons, or a mantis 2 tanks and 2 pheatons, but no oni rockethogs since you havent got the certi of them.

This way people cannot buy op vehicles. and since people who havent unlocked all their reqs probably want to unlock them rather then spend ones they cannot afford.
it seems like the ideal outcome without having to add dozens of packs for every vehicle. AND this way they wont 'break' the purpose of the req system (randomized reqs)
This is a good Idea, however in order to purchase the REQ card the user must be certified
agreed with OP on the price, seems nicer to buy them in packs of five, its a bit less tedious and it would deff see more use. 5k for a pack of 5 pheatons. or in my opininion which i prefer.

vehicle packs.
5 random vehicles of a set rarity (only the vehicles you've unlocked)
so for example you have the oni mantis, oni tank and pheaton certs. and you buy a legendary vehicle pack for 7.5k
you can get 5 pheatons, or a mantis 2 tanks and 2 pheatons, but no oni rockethogs since you havent got the certi of them.

This way people cannot buy op vehicles. and since people who havent unlocked all their reqs probably want to unlock them rather then spend ones they cannot afford.
it seems like the ideal outcome without having to add dozens of packs for every vehicle. AND this way they wont 'break' the purpose of the req system (randomized reqs)
That would be a pretty balanced method. Still provides some randomness to the system while still giving you a higher probability of giving you what you are wanting. Limiting how many of those packs you can buy in a day would also help as mentioned above. Price range sounds about right given the rarity of the cards you are after. Having it too low and players would start buying them up as soon as they unlock the vehicle they want most.
This would be nice!!
That will make Halo 5 a true pay to win ...

But if you make "vehicule req pack" containing like 10 cards, say 5 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare and 1 ultrarare OR legendary, that would be much fair.
That would kind of break the whole system, wouldn't it? The point is for it to be random.
This would be such a good thing. It's so tedious getting all of those weapons that you sell immediately. It'd be nice to have a feature like this, being able to but whatever you wanted (and had the certification for).