Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Campaign is fun, but story is awful

OP Tribunus xL

So the Campaign of Halo 5 is fun, bigger maps, more enemies...but there is a great lack of variety aswell. It would be great to fight again Flood, Brutes or why not, young San Shyuums.
Epic battles? Where? Where are my epic battles? Yes we have the Kraken but there is no difference between destroy a Kraken and destroy a simple installation. I prefer so much more the Scarabs, you have to fight them with rockets and then destroy on your own! Halo 3, two Scarabs, that was an epic battle!
And yeah the Guardians are cool but they were wasted!!! Hell think about drive a Guardian and destroy more and more Krakens, it would be awesome!!!
The atmosphere of the campaing is awesome, the soundtrack is the best made in my opinion, and the three/four worlds are so beatiful.
But like the title says, the story is the worst of Halo saga. Characters are too simple and have no charisma, they are just there, even Buck could have been better. The cinematics have no sense (the fight between Locke and Chief was great though), they have no feelings. Another time looking for Cortana, please, stop.
343i said in an article that the Didact had a role un Halo 5. Where is he? I thought he was going to be the new Darth Vader of Halo, and I really liked the idea because he is a great character. He is powerful, and he has clear ideas about how he wants to act.
The best thing of the story is the return of the Arbiter, more awesome character in the campaing imo. And also Exhuberant of course lol.

343 Industries,
Make a better story, the best story of any Halo, surprise us!!! And introduce REAL epic battles.
All things considered, I really enjoyed the campaign. It wasn't the best, but I am a very satisfied customer.
Oh, I see from your post that you got one of the "bad" Halo 5 discs. I'm so sorry. I got the good one with the really epic campaign. The one with the well-written characters and the spectacular graphics. I loved every minute of it. Come over my house some day and you can play it and see what you missed.
I enjoyed the story but then again, I wasn't looking to pick it apart.
Oh, I see from your post that you got one of the "bad" Halo 5 discs. I'm so sorry. I got the good one with the really epic campaign. The one with the well-written characters and the spectacular graphics. I loved every minute of it. Come over my house some day and you can play it and see what you missed.
LOL hahaha this really made my day, thanks :D
But I'm not the typical guy who critics everything. I just want to make Halo better, and it's sad to see that this STORY (and not Campaign, which yeah, is fun) is the worst of the saga
I was hoping for more mystery in the campaign. I think the amount of hype this time is to be blamed on the industry this time instead of the fans