Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Campaign spartan differences

OP SamTheWeebo

Hey all I know that the different Spartans you can play as in campaign all have differences besides just what weapons they load in with. I know some are faster and I know Locke can carry 3 grenades. Is there a list somewhere that shows all the traits of the different campaign Spartans? I am just curious and would really like to know.
tuhin94 wrote:
Here you go :-)
Thanks I will copy paste for anyone else that run
<ul class="s14dydj4-12 iOgODC">
  • Chief: Increased Strength + Auto Medic
  • Fred: Frag Grenade Expert + Auto Medic
  • Kelly: Speed Booster + Reflex Enhancers + Auto Medic
  • Linda: Advanced Sensors & Auto-Medic
  • [/list]<ul class="s14dydj4-12 iOgODC">
  • [/list]<ul class="s14dydj4-12 iOgODC">
  • Vale: Speed Booster + Upgraded Thrusters
  • Tanaka: Advanced Sensors + Upgraded Thrusters
  • Locke: Frag Grenade Expert + Upgraded Thrusters
  • Buck: Increased Strength + Upgraded Thrusters
  • [/list]Obviously they all feature different loadout weapons and unique HUDs, too.
    s into this topic and is curious.
    I actually read about the different attributes for each of the Spartans in campaign in my Halo 5 strategy guide for the first time a few days ago. I had been playing Halo 5 since launch and never knew that they had different abilities because I had only ever played the campaign solo.
    Oakspear wrote:
    I actually read about the different attributes for each of the Spartans in campaign in my Halo 5 strategy guide for the first time a few days ago. I had been playing Halo 5 since launch and never knew that they had different abilities because I had only ever played the campaign solo.
    Yeah it's a neat attention to detail and would be a really fun option to be able to select the character we want to play as outside of co op.
    it must be weird having to swap your spartan and have your abilities change.
    I always pick Fred due to his loadout having 3 frag grenades, a DMR, and faster healing and because he is my favorite (obviously). IMO this loadout is the best one out of everyone on Blue Team, as the AR is just not great, you can't really replenish ammo for the Nornfang and Oathsworn (the sniper rifle becomes less useful on higher difficulties anyway), and Fred having a DMR and Magnum together means he can get 81 total headshot kills with his starting weapons without changing them out or replenishing the ammo for them.

Originally, I did not want to use Tanaka seeing as to how I genuinely loathe her as a character, but recently I have found benefits playing as her instead of Vale on Heroic or harder, namely the DMR (again).
    I always pick Fred due to his loadout having 3 frag grenades, a DMR, and faster healing and because he is my favorite (obviously). IMO this loadout is the best one out of everyone on Blue Team, as the AR is just not great, you can't really replenish ammo for the Nornfang and Oathsworn (the sniper rifle becomes less useful on higher difficulties anyway), and Fred having a DMR and Magnum together means he can get 81 total headshot kills with his starting weapons without changing them out or replenishing the ammo for them.

Originally, I did not want to use Tanaka seeing as to how I genuinely loathe her as a character, but recently I have found benefits playing as her instead of Vale on Heroic or harder, namely the DMR (again).
    oh, i like enhanced reflexes and can usually just use one weapon unless needed otherwise, so Kelly and Vale would be my loadout characters.
    Oakspear wrote:
    Same thing, never notice those difference. Halo 5 campaign isn't my favourite, even if I love the gameplay, I don't like the fact than you're allies can save you from death, ti's too easy
    I knew the weapons were different but didn't know about the rest!