Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Can’t find games

OP Juror Number 8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Played some ranked and Warzone a few days ago and didn't have any issues. Then again, I've never been remotely close to hitting Champion, so it might just be your high MMR imessing with you. Have you tried searching for games in playlists other than FFA and H2H?
I have never been close to hitting champion either and it is impossible to find a warzone game. Does anyone know why?
MrMarine14 wrote:
Played some ranked and Warzone a few days ago and didn't have any issues. Then again, I've never been remotely close to hitting Champion, so it might just be your high MMR imessing with you. Have you tried searching for games in playlists other than FFA and H2H?
I have never been close to hitting champion either and it is impossible to find a warzone game. Does anyone know why?
Because of Menke's matching system.
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
I am seeing you match just fine. When are you talking about?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
Before WZ Turbo came out there was no one in the warzone lobbies.
What the best way/time for a player in the UK to find a warzone game? I never have a problem finding a firefight game but I can maybe only find a handful of warzone or warzone turbo matches for a whole day??
Not sure why, but for a few days I just have NOT been able to find many games. I’m Champ 8 in head2head and just timed out 4 searches in a row. In FFA I am Champ 32 and just timed out a search as well.

Was talking to Dcmons yesterday (FFA Champ 1), and he can’t find matches either.

I’ve been searching “expanded”.

Perhaps the parameters for who you can match need to be expanded, because this is ridiculous.
The parameters are already expanded. I'm a champ tier player getting matched with platinums. Halo 5 is just really dead. Like... less than 100 players per playlist at any given time. BTB lobbies can't even start 8v8 and instead often start as 4v4 games. It's incredibly sad how 343's driven Halo into the dirt like this.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
With full teams it takes over half an hour to find a single game. I get the "unable to match" message at least 10 times a day.
Yeah I can't seem to find games for the low-grav super fiesta lately. Idk what's up, but it's probably my internet. Though WFF works perfectly though
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
With full teams it takes over half an hour to find a single game. I get the "unable to match" message at least 10 times a day.
Full parties will get starved because they require at least 7 opponents to play against. But since there are rarely any other full parties or to7 floating around in BTB, you just don't find anyone. The smaller groups, meanwhile, can all match each other instantly because only 8 total players are required to start a match. So they just all keep matching and there's no one else left by the time it gets to you.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
Full parties will get starved because they require at least 7 opponents to play against. But since there are rarely any other full parties or to7 floating around in BTB, you just don't find anyone. The smaller groups, meanwhile, can all match each other instantly because only 8 total players are required to start a match. So they just all keep matching and there's no one else left by the time it gets to you.
Okay and what about teams of 4 in slayer, team arena, and other playlists? Halo 5's population is small enough as it is, whoever designed this current matchmaking system is further killing the game forcing us to either wait 30+ minutes for a single match or to search and get terrible teammates on our squad.
One the causes is that I tried to reset the settings back to default for searches on both h5 and mcc but unfortunately tthe series x has kind of screwed it up and won’t let me change them.

can anyone tell me how to get the search settings gs back to default in h5? Mcc is broken again and I’m not even going to try anymore
One the causes is that I tried to reset the settings back to default for searches on both h5 and mcc but unfortunately tthe series x has kind of screwed it up and won’t let me change them.

can anyone tell me how to get the search settings gs back to default in h5? Mcc is broken again and I’m not even going to try anymore
I wish they would help us and do something so that we can actually enjoy ourselves on the games we've purchased.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
Okay and what about teams of 4 in slayer, team arena, and other playlists? Halo 5's population is small enough as it is, whoever designed this current matchmaking system is further killing the game forcing us to either wait 30+ minutes for a single match or to search and get terrible teammates on our squad.
The average to4 in Slayer and Team Arena are matching within well less than a minute, so it's not having any effect on the population.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
The average to4 in Slayer and Team Arena are matching within well less than a minute, so it's not having any effect on the population.
So what about non average teams? What about champ tier teams and whatnot?
Personally I think something is wrong with the servers
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
What are you trying to achieve here? S/He elaborated on your questions in all honesty.. yet you're trying to find new reasons to trash the matchmaking.. don't get me wrong.. I am too having problems with finding matches or am unable to find any at all from time to time but I don't have to accuse them for something, if they say average people are able to find matches within a minute..

You could give the Answer to your question by yourself.. Since you're high tier, you doesn't match anyone just because of that. Because it's way harder to find high ranking players on any given time than it is to find average players. Doesn't affect the population either, there are just not enough top tier players around when you're online and since there are just a few of them, other top tier teams are kinda "fighting" for a match.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:
What are you trying to achieve here? S/He elaborated on your questions in all honesty.. yet you're trying to find new reasons to trash the matchmaking.. don't get me wrong.. I am too having problems with finding matches or am unable to find any at all from time to time but I don't have to accuse them for something, if they say average people are able to find matches within a minute..

You could give the Answer to your question by yourself.. Since you're high tier, you doesn't match anyone just because of that. Because it's way harder to find high ranking players on any given time than it is to find average players. Doesn't affect the population either, there are just not enough top tier players around when you're online and since there are just a few of them, other top tier teams are kinda "fighting" for a match.
I'm trying to figure out why it takes so long to find games in matchmaking. If you've paid attention and read anything I've posted above, you would know that.

Also, from my personal experience, and from the personal experience of many others, what he says is blatantly false. He claims the average search time is one minute, but I'd love to see evidence supporting that claim, as I rarely find ranked games in under five. Perhaps what information he is basing his assumptions off of does not also include the times where people are unable to find a match and instead "time out" with the "unable to match" message. 343 has been afraid to show us any proof of their population and search times after the disastrous fall-off of Halo 4's population, as well as the terribly broken system that the Master Chief collection had in place at launch, as some players were forced to wait several hours to find a single match.

All I want is an explanation that is actually believable. I want to know why it often takes longer to search a game than it does to play one. I am a champion tier player, so I thought maybe that was one of the main causes, but apparently, non-champion tier players are having these same issues too.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why it takes so long to find games in matchmaking. If you've paid attention and read anything I've posted above, you would know that.

Also, from my personal experience, and from the personal experience of many others, what he says is blatantly false. He claims the average search time is one minute, but I'd love to see evidence supporting that claim, as I rarely find ranked games in under five. Perhaps what information he is basing his assumptions off of does not also include the times where people are unable to find a match and instead "time out" with the "unable to match" message. 343 has been afraid to show us any proof of their population and search times after the disastrous fall-off of Halo 4's population, as well as the terribly broken system that the Master Chief collection had in place at launch, as some players were forced to wait several hours to find a single match.

All I want is an explanation that is actually believable. I want to know why it often takes longer to search a game than it does to play one. I am a champion tier player, so I thought maybe that was one of the main causes, but apparently, non-champion tier players are having these same issues too.
If you want a believable explanation from Menke you're not going to get one.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Heaviies wrote:
MrMarine14 wrote:

I've paid attention and the way you tried to "figure" it out didn't seem quite right for me..

He was giving you answers regarding your big team mode question, yet, that wasn't enough for you, so you asked for Arena Sized Modes/Playlists, he gave you your answer, yet, you weren't satisfied either, so you came up with another reason and this time around an insulting one (not for him, but for the matchmaking people in general).

He spoke about Average.. Champion clearly isn't average, isn't it? I even acknowledged you.. that I know how you feel, since I know that feeling of not being able to find a game to well. BUT, he isn't wrong in the slightest.. Yeah, there are times, where I'm unable to find matches and it takes ages then, but (!) if I'm able to find one game, the following games start back to back and that comes from an former champion, so clearly not an average guy, too.

What does that tell us? On higher ranks and especially in full teams, yes, it takes way longer (cause of the reasons he told you), when you happen to find a game though, following games start way sooner (cause of the fact more people in your skill range search to the exact same time). I could guarantee you, that if you would start the game with a fresh mmr, i.e. new account, you would find your games back to back too (as seen with the whole smurf account thing, where new players got stomped by veterans just because they decided to create new accounts [many of them for faster games though], don't know how bad that is currently since the game gets older)..

So yes, I paid attention, don't want to start a war or so though, just my 2 cents to this thing, so, no offense.

Edit.: You're right with your claims regarding Population after Halo 4 and MCC Launch though, and I don't expect them to be really high either..
Below are the average wait times in Slayer and then Team Arena for parties of size 4 over the last 24 hours, in seconds. Gets near 50s at 3am PST, which is the lowest pop time of the day across the board. If you are in a stacked to4 in Slayer, then you will often starve trying to find matches because players will find better matches before you get a chance to pull them into a match. Stacked parties have skills so high that even though you are allowed to match with someone, they find way better matchups way before you even get a shot at them. I suggest not stacking in Slayer if you want to play. It's also a more social list so we don't facilitate stacking.

Team Arena is also generally under 1 minute except during the 3-4am period when there aren't enough players in general to form Team Arena matches (Team Arena is not popular, nor has been popular since April 2017). 4 stacks in Team Arena fair better at the top because it is a more competitive playlist than Slayer, and starvation happens less. But it's also a much less popular playlist than Slayer, so at times there still aren't enough players to feed you. In those cases I suggest the solo/duo list which is where the best competition (pro players) go anyways, if you want to try your skill against the best.

dfdf

asdf
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3