Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Can Smart Delivery Help Bring Halo 5:G to PC?

OP cojo09 2

I post about this idea almost every darn month, but I really want it. I have a small idea on how 343 could bring the complete game to PC with what they learned with MCC.

1. File Size and Smart Delivery. The #1 thing I see people say is the problem with bringing the game to PC is that it is too big (100ish GB) and that is fair, that is a big amount. But after reading about what Microsoft is doing with Xbox games with Smart Delivery, I think this can work in H5's favor. Smart delivery can install 3 main parts of Halo 5: Campaign, Multiplayer/Forge, and Warzone. The main 3 parts, many people prefer just the multiplayer and they can install the 35ishGB needed for Multiplayer instead of the whole thing, or maybe somebody wants to do Campaign only. Sort of like how MCC has the Campaign and Multiplayer for every halo game available to download or remove to save space.

2. Halo 5 Forge on the Microsoft store. Hot take, I think this needs to come to Steam, as well as be the basis for the port. The Multiplayer/Custom games can still be free (If 343 wants) but they should add a season pass to it in order to give it new life. Maybe make these cosmetic items tie into REQ points somehow. Not sure if it can but it is an idea. H5F gets the job done on Windows Store, but it suffers from Bugs and a lack of advertisement. Honestly I dont even think 343 did any announcement for it besides a waypoint post (I am probably wrong) and as far as bugs go its a nightmare to run on older computers. A graphics setting would be very appreciated. The other thing this port needs is the customization added back in to the game. It is a pain to go to either the Xbox version to change cosmetics, or go on this website for people who dont have an Xbox One.

3.Popularity. Its no secret that Halo 5 isnt remembered too fondly for one reason or another. It might be wishful thinking, but I think with a simple step you can make this game way more popular and make it survive for decades to come. Proper LAN support and Splitscreen. The story is what it is and it shouldn't change because now it is a part of the Halo lore, but the custom games and campaign could benefit from more from more people playing with each other. The custom servers were a good idea, it just needs some tweaking and have it work with Halo 5 Forge and we should all be good.

Long story short, I dont know much about game development and I know it is expensive and time consuming. But I believe enough in Halo 5 for PC that I would do anything I can to make it more welcoming for new players in the community. I know 343 has no plans for Halo 5 on PC right now, but It would be something I would love to see in the future
I don't think that second point with the season pass would be super likely, but lots of these other points are really good ideas. If the game were to come to PC, I would not mind this at all.
You can't really say it's too big as a reason for not porting it though, not now. Most new AAA games are pretty damn big and the last few cod games are 100+gb.

I hope now that the mcc is almost complete the same team can port halo 5 in time for infinite so players old and new can experience the complete story on pc.

I know they recently said they had no plans to port h5 but they would be crazy not to.
Drahicr wrote:
You can't really say it's too big as a reason for not porting it though, not now. Most new AAA games are pretty damn big and the last few cod games are 100+gb.

I hope now that the mcc is almost complete the same team can port halo 5 in time for infinite so players old and new can experience the complete story on pc.

I know they recently said they had no plans to port h5 but they would be crazy not to.
I agree. But I was using common complaints as a source of talking points. I really hope they think about it cause it would seem off to now include it at all on PC. Would be like taking out Order of the Phoenix but have Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows (As an example)
Drahicr wrote:

While MCC PC as it currently stands is great, there are definitely still a few issues to work on, so I’m not sure about getting that team to switch to doing Halo 5 PC would happen for a little while. Also, I believe they specifically said that they aren’t adding Halo 5 to MCC. I don’t think they said anything one way or the other about doing Halo 5 PC. I do believe they will port it at some point as it would seem silly to leave PC players confused going from Halo 4 to Infinite. As for if it would come out before Infinite, I think that would depend on how long the delay for Halo Infinite’s release ends up being.