Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Can we get a ranked Firefight?

OP EDMKANDYKID

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just a question for the community:

What do people think about having a Ranking system for Warzone Firefight??
I think that would lead to more griefing and selfish gameplay than ever before.

I also think that any metric used to rate people in WZFF wouldn't really be that meaningful. Most would probably be influenced by the size of one's REQ collection.
I dont see what the point would be since youre all on the same team killing the ai.
Chimera30 wrote:

I also think that any metric used to rate people in WZFF wouldn't really be that meaningful. Most would probably be influenced by the size of one's REQ collection.
To put it more simply, the more ghosts and wraiths you own, the better your rank will be xD
Chimera30 wrote:

To put it more simply, the more ghosts and wraiths you own, the better your rank will be xD
Someone like me who has hundreds to thousands of everything would finish top two 2 99% of the time which is usually what I finish and thats without being a try hard.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

Someone like me who has hundreds to thousands of everything would finish top two 2 99% of the time which is usually what I finish and thats without being a try hard.
Haha absolutely, I just head shot everything that moves round 1 and I'm in a ghost and wraith rest of the game, easy wins!
Mr Vacha wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

Haha absolutely, I just head shot everything that moves round 1 and I'm in a ghost and wraith rest of the game, easy wins!
Same. Wraith Ultra is my best friend in wzff.
I'd be for it just so I don't have to play with terrible players, but other than that it seems like a useless rank.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'd be for it just so I don't have to play with terrible players, but other than that it seems like a useless rank.
Exactly! This is actually an amazing idea. Not about going pro or anything, but just getting 'like' teammates would be the best thing.

Group all the people that idle and go around trying to kill teammates, or just being unproductive / lost together.

Group the productive people that are top players every map. If I was 5th place with a comfortable win (I'm 1st probably 60% of the time, and I'm not exactly a world beater) and good teammates, I would smile!
Ranked Firefight? That sounds crazy. I don’t think it would work.
Killing ai that are very dumb over and over isn't competitive. Even mythic ff is quite simple if you just pull a scorpion every time. I don't even understand how they would rank you. Just keep ff as a social mode
Ranked Firefight is silly. It's an established social mode and it shall remain that way. And don't make me imagine the possibility of "Ranked Infection".
HaXoR73 wrote:
Ranked Firefight is silly. It's an established social mode and it shall remain that way. And don't make me imagine the possibility of "Ranked Infection".
Ranked infection would be the worst. Its not balanced correctly because its random who the starting zombies are.
Mr Vacha wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Ranked infection would be the worst. Its not balanced correctly because its random who the starting zombies are.
On top of that, we'd probably know that Eagle Precursor would already dominate the leaderboards well before it becomes a thing.
Now that I think about it, give me ranked Firefight! It's the only playlist where I could possibly be a champion rank. :D
It seems that while solo queuing that the teams usually aren't made of "like" players. There seems to be a balance of good and bad each game. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I could see the ranksd option being good for Mythic only. That way you get players who know how to play and increase likelihood of victory
My rank would be bad, and keep dropping due to a personal challenge. Not open any daily login or daily win req packs, and not buy any gold packs until I get to level 149. I have one point three million XP points left to go.
My rank would be bad, and keep dropping due to a personal challenge. Not open any daily login or daily win req packs, and not buy any gold packs until I get to level 149. I have one point three million XP points left to go.
Why not open them? If you've finished the basic silver reqs, why not just open?

Simply because you have something unlocked doesn't mean you'd have to use it in game.
J Teeps wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Exactly! This is actually an amazing idea. Not about going pro or anything, but just getting 'like' teammates would be the best thing.

Group all the people that idle and go around trying to kill teammates, or just being unproductive / lost together.

Group the productive people that are top players every map. If I was 5th place with a comfortable win (I'm 1st probably 60% of the time, and I'm not exactly a world beater) and good teammates, I would smile!
I understand what you guys mean.

But I think that a lot of people who are worried about bad teammates (be it in firefight or other gametypes - even in MCC) don't realize how easy it is to use a LFG from the various websites and channels that exist around the Halo community.

I know that we'd all love to just jump in and play with like minded people - but setting up a group isn't too hard, with a tiny bit of effort.
AshamanND wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

I understand what you guys mean.

But I think that a lot of people who are worried about bad teammates (be it in firefight or other gametypes - even in MCC) don't realize how easy it is to use a LFG from the various websites and channels that exist around the Halo community.

I know that we'd all love to just jump in and play with like minded people - but setting up a group isn't too hard, with a tiny bit of effort.
Agreed. Not hard at all. The LFG feature on the X1 is pretty much the "recruiting" forum times 100.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2