Can we get rid of spartan charge in all playlists

OP Peyote Wizard

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I assume halo infinite won't be out for a while.. maybe it would bring back players and keep veteran players playing H5 if you got rid of the worst feature in the entire game. Just speculation.
That would be amazing but highly improbable.
Completely agree. Spartan charge has no place in Halo. This coming from a player that thinks Halo 5 has the best MM gameplay, overall.
I believe it has been taken out of some of the ranked playlists, or just the new hcs one. I never use it often but it is what it is, you can do it as well? I rarely sprint, so if I see it coming just thrust out of the way.
I think spartan charge is awesome.
I am a very long time player and a veteran of all Halo games. I do not mind Spartan charge at all.

Halo 5 made leaps and bounds towards making Spartans feel like...Spartans.
Agreed. The worst aspect is that the counter melee is very inconsistent to pull against a spartan charge. HCS has certainly proven that H5 is better off without charge and ground pound in competetive gameplay.
I am a very long time player and a veteran of all Halo games. I do not mind Spartan charge at all.
I'm a Halo veteran and I think Spartan charge is one of the worst abilities since armor lock.
As someone who thinks halo 5 overall has the best mm mechanics wise, spartan charge is to op.sprint around and the moment you turn the corner and run into an enemy, hit melee and they are oneshot as acheat out.

If the delay from charge to being able to shot was extended and you couldn't use thrust, I fell it may be better
I believe it has been taken out of some of the ranked playlists, or just the new hcs one. I never use it often but it is what it is, you can do it as well? I rarely sprint, so if I see it coming just thrust out of the way.
I always seem to miss it anyway, probably because people do just as you say.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."

Halo 5 made leaps and bounds towards making Spartans feel like...Spartans.
Except ground pound... how a spartan can thrust hover then ground pound at mach 1 seems completely ridiculous...
I like it for Campaign and against AI in general, but I wouldn't miss it if was removed from Arena
Hate Spartan charge! People spam it way too often.
They need to at least make it so you're not stunned for as long because the melee counter doesn't work.
Sure they're now 1 shot but I can't land a shot because I'm stunned.
I'm fine with it as I get to relentlessly tea bag anyone who tries unsuccessfully to use it. Would be perfectly happy to not see it return in future games though!

.... .. I might also very much enjoy using it myself to get a kill from behind if an enemy isn't paying attention but you didn't read that ;)
It should be removed from ranked, but it's ok for soical I guess. It just needs to be nerfed. You shouldn't be able to charge people while being shot.
I would be ok with this. Hopefully if they did that, they would remove the Spartan charge company commendation as well
I always seem to miss it anyway, probably because people do just as you say.
I play ok recon so anythhing with the B button is just a hassle. Ground pound, spartan charge & melee are all just real awkward for me.
Objectively, I think it's right to keep Spartan charge in multiplayer. Subjectively, I hate that I am on the wrong end of it 99.9% of the time (I charge like I'm blindfolded). Spartan charge is a respective advantage to aggressive and attacking play. The devs have overtly stated that encouraging movement is a priority; they have also balanced weapons with the express explanation of reducing camping and game pace slowdown. There are already many many tools for slow, tactical, longer-range play; those who help speed up the pace of play should at least have the advantage of winning a chance collision based on twitch reaction time. ...Just wish that my Spartan charge attempts weren't essentially a funny fails compilation.
I think Spartan Charge and Ground Pound should both be removed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The big problem with Spartan Charge and Ground Pound is that they are overpowered/not balanced.

Spartan Charge shouldn't make the charged Spartan unable to fire their weapon or do anything besides sit there like a potato. Also, the charging Spartan needs to take some damage or inflict less damage. There's just no counter to it and it's often difficult to see on the Motion Tracker.

Ground Pound should not have splash damage. As a movement mechanic it's great, and it'd be cool to shoot down directly onto someone and kill them. But being about to pound in the middle of 2 or 3 (or more) weak Spartans and get a multi-kill is dumb. If you can land right on their head/neck/back, sure, instant kill, otherwise have it do melee damage.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6