OP Peyote Wizard

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
I have been playing since CE and I feel like it is an important feature in the new uptempo gameplay.

One of the biggest reasons it should stay in is because it encourages the usage of a cqc secondary. People talk about it like there is no counter. The problem is they are being caught with a br in a cqc situation and their secondary is likely going to be another precision weapon. So now you're really screwed because you have to go for gun punch, bxr, or maybe try to jump/dodge/beatdown from above and behind.

But it is only hard to counter with precision weapons. Weapons like the shotgun, sword, hammer, scattershot, etc are hard counters to spartancharge. Some strong counters are the brute plasma rifle and the storm rifle. A few shots of either plus a melee attack at the instant you're spartan charged will result in a melee kill

Even basic human weapons like the ar and smg can be potent when combined with walking backwards and using full auto fire and/or thrust evade. Thrust evade is best used backwards after you damage their shields. This is because they usually are forced to trigger the attack early or retreat. Otherwise you will hold a good advantage against them if they continue.

Ground pound imo is much more powerful but it is also more difficult to pull off. I think it is perfectly tuned. It is harder to counter and the best way to do it besides evading, is to use plasma grenades and stick them as they approach you in mid air. This must immediately be followed up with a thrust evade to the side. It's high risk, but high reward.
Agreed. The worst aspect is that the counter melee is very inconsistent to pull against a spartan charge. HCS has certainly proven that H5 is better off without charge and ground pound in competetive gameplay.
Honestly its just amazing how in every game there is a group of professional players who cannot adapt to portions of a game and get it removed, banned, etc. Using a high profile status to suggest balance changes is one thing, but it's not very professional to annihilate completely portions of gameplay to make it easier for yourself.
But it is only hard to counter with precision weapons. Weapons like the shotgun, sword, hammer, scattershot, etc are hard counters to spartancharge. Some strong counters are the brute plasma rifle and the storm rifle. A few shots of either plus a melee attack at the instant you're spartan charged will result in a melee kill
Yeah, great counters except for the fact that they only spawn in certain locations on the map and they're on timers, but someone can Spartan charge anywhere on the map at any time.
I'm also playing since CE came out & I get very well along with it and the other spartan abilities.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yeah, great counters except for the fact that they only spawn in certain locations on the map and they're on timers, but someone can Spartan charge anywhere on the map at any time.
The problem is most of this disadvantage comes from using precision weapons in cqc. Spartan charge isn't this unavoidable attack that guarantees a kill. But it is better if your opponent religiously clings to their battle rifle near corners and tight spaces.

And yeah, not everyone can have a shotgun but then you simply adapt and get a different weapon set. Sometimes I sit back with a carbine and a dmr to provide overwatch. That tactic helps to suppress snipers and it gives your teammates a significant advantage in cqc.
Wh1skers wrote:
I think Spartan Charge and Ground Pound should both be removed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agree, I feel gameplay would definately be much more enjoyable without both.
Spartan charge just gets rid of the skill involved in close quarters combat.
I really like the ground pound ability, I feel like if they could balance the charge like the ground pound, then it would be amazing.
Agreed. The worst aspect is that the counter melee is very inconsistent to pull against a spartan charge. HCS has certainly proven that H5 is better off without charge and ground pound in competetive gameplay.
Honestly its just amazing how in every game there is a group of professional players who cannot adapt to portions of a game and get it removed, banned, etc. Using a high profile status to suggest balance changes is one thing, but it's not very professional to annihilate completely portions of gameplay to make it easier for yourself.
I'm just going to point out that I have multiple times your game time in Halo 5 and I can say that this is not a question of adapting. I'm 100% certain that I'm better adapted to all aspects of this game than you. Spartan charge is an objecticely bad ability specially because it has an inconsistent counter to it. There are probably hundreds of instances where I should have survived but because the counter melee is somewhat inconsistent I ended up dying a very unnecessary death that shouldn't have happened.
I have been playing since CE and I feel like it is an important feature in the new uptempo gameplay.

One of the biggest reasons it should stay in is because it encourages the usage of a cqc secondary. People talk about it like there is no counter. The problem is they are being caught with a br in a cqc situation and their secondary is likely going to be another precision weapon. So now you're really screwed because you have to go for gun punch, bxr, or maybe try to jump/dodge/beatdown from above and behind.

Even basic human weapons like the ar and smg can be potent when combined with walking backwards and using full auto fire and/or thrust evade. Thrust evade is best used backwards after you damage their shields. This is because they usually are forced to trigger the attack early or retreat. Otherwise you will hold a good advantage against them if they continue.

Ground pound imo is much more powerful but it is also more difficult to pull off. I think it is perfectly tuned. It is harder to counter and the best way to do it besides evading, is to use plasma grenades and stick them as they approach you in mid air. This must immediately be followed up with a thrust evade to the side. It's high risk, but high reward.
Countering a charge doesn't have anything to do with automatics nor does it encourage their use. Of course it is easier to counter with a storm rifle but it doesn't really matter what weapon is in a proficient player's hands. In a situation where you don't have to rely on counter melee it doesn't matter a bit if I have a br, magnum, ar or a boltshot in my hands. If I can dodge a charge I will get an easy kill regardless of what weapon I'm carrying. And spartan charge otherwise is fine if paired with the ability tracker but the inconsistent counter melee is the real problem. There are situations where you just cannot dodge a charge so you have to go for a counter melee. Now if the counter melee hits I'm at a reasonably equal footing with my opponent and no problem. But the occasion that it does not hit I'm already dead, nothing left to do. Charge would be just fine were it not for that chance of an inconsistent counter melee, every time I do a counter melee I do it the same exact way and with same timing. Most of the time it hits but sometimes (that is seldom but too usually to ignore) it just doesn't hit. Such inconsistency and randomness is already reason enough to drop the ability alltogether (until it would be fixed, but we all knoe we are well beyond such things happening.)

For the ground pound I'm just going to say that the way that an instant kill is calculated in this game is reason enough to drop the ability. There are yet again plenty of occasions when either I or my opponent has survived a situation just because of how ground pound instant kills people. The ground pound doesn't do damage based on what the height difference is between the pounder and his target. The damage is calculated from the height difference of the pounder and where he targets the pound. Because of this people can kill opponents in mid air while both of them are at the same height. This causes problems when a player clambers to safety: you cannot chase him because if you clamber after him he can just insta kill pound you by targeting past you while you're clambering. Were this situation to happen in any other Halo game the on clambering to safety would be dead because he could be chased down. But no, in Halo 5 he survives becuause of an artificial height advantage. To add to the ridiculousness: in warzone I can pick the speedbooster armor mod which increases my movement speed and jump height. With it I can go ahead and superslide and pair it with a hover jump and insta kill ground pound people who are on the same platform as I am. Sounds stupid right?

So there, people are not using their stature just to remove mechanics they don't like. People use their stature to create discussion about mechanics that are unpolished for one reason or another and as they can't be easily fixed they should be removed. If as you say 'annihilating' mechanics is the only way to balanced and consistent gameplay then so be it. It's not about making it easy, it is about making it consistent and fair to everyone. It is you who is the unprofessional here, instantly accusing others of some bias or personal vendetta on certain aspects of the game. There are more arguments against these abilities that I haven't discussed here and also good things, but objectively I think the bad outweight the good and the couple points I discussed are the biggest problems. So please, try to see the bigger picture around these abilities instead of blindly defending everything devs put in their games.

You have no idea what you're talking about dude. Spartan charge is not balanced at all and it promotes nooby gameplay. You'd think giving people sprint would be enough, but no, now they have to have a gamebreaking shoulderbash that cannot be effectively countered. Play the game enough and you'll understand why spartan charge sucks and is only praised by noobs.
Yes because spartan charge is irritating
Yeah spartan charge is bad. If one ability needs to go in H6, it's that one. It's just like when Reach came out and people could just sprint to you and beat down twice. It's just a crutch for bad players that sprint around too much.
I am a very long time player and a veteran of all Halo games. I do not mind Spartan charge at all.

Halo 5 made leaps and bounds towards making Spartans feel like...Spartans.
I'll never not think it's funny when people try to use this reasoning for bad game mechanics. I'm also of a veteran of Halo and spent thousands of hours of my life playing them and it needs to go.
Speaking for the majority ... we like Spartan Charge and Ground Pound. Both add another dimension to the game and IMO actually enhance balance.
Speaking for the majority ... we like Spartan Charge and Ground Pound. Both add another dimension to the game and IMO actually enhance balance.
The "majority" that populates H5s low population right? Spartan charge and ground pound are highly unbalanced and troll abilities at best, especially spartan charge.
Speaking for yourself only...
How often do you actually die by Spartan charge? Once every few matches maybe? Can't be that big of a nuisance.
I think charge would be a bit better if it only took down shields and not any health along with it as well as didn't stun the player who got charged. Not saying I necessarily like charge but I think those things would make it better.

I don't really have an issue with ground pound because it can avoided by good situational awareness and the charge up time is long enough to where the ground pounder risks getting killed - or just about killed - if they use it poorly.
Spartan charge is the worst mechanic to ever be put in halo. It’s worse than dmr bloom or armor lock. I would do backflips if it was removed but that has been improbable for a long time now. It’s not going anywhere unfortunately.

Ground pound I really don’t mind. I wouldn’t be heartbroken to see it taken out but it’s not close to being gamebraking like Spartan charge.
How often do you actually die by Spartan charge? Once every few matches maybe? Can't be that big of a nuisance.
Doesn't really matter how many times you die to it because it's still an ability that's not good for the game.
I don't die by the actual charge that often. But I do die by getting charged around a corner, stunned, unable to counter and then one shotted. So I would die by the effects of spartan charge quite a lot. It's a horrible mechanic. Anyone with an objective viewpoint that isn't a noob and uses it as a crutch for their bad gameplay agrees.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6