Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Can we make Castle Wars Permanent?

OP BriefingData09

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 5 is incredibly competitive and makes me burn out fast.
But by God, I could play Castle Wars forever!
I haven't had this much fun playing Halo since Reach. It's entertaining and joyful to play it. No sweatiness, no worries. Just pure running around mayhem!

343, please make Castle Wars permanent!!!!
Although I agree with this, and adore playing Castle Wars CTF for a relaxing time; I've seen it in rotation enough to warrant it being put to the side in favor of other modes.

This being said, 343 should just make many limited time modes integrated once and for all, Grifball is seriously lacking, I miss it, even if it many players were trash and ruined it for others.
Although I agree with this, and adore playing Castle Wars CTF for a relaxing time; I've seen it in rotation enough to warrant it being put to the side in favor of other modes.

This being said, 343 should just make many limited time modes integrated once and for all, Grifball is seriously lacking, I miss it, even if it many players were trash and ruined it for others.
i support this griffball idea

<blockquote class="box-quote">
<p></p>
</blockquote>
Although I agree with this, and adore playing Castle Wars CTF for a relaxing time; I've seen it in rotation enough to warrant it being put to the side in favor of other modes.

This being said, 343 should just make many limited time modes integrated once and for all, Grifball is seriously lacking, I miss it, even if it many players were trash and ruined it for others.
I just dont see why they can't leave it in among other gametypes. Reach used to have a bunch of different standard gametypes set there all the time. Castle Wars is so popular, I just wish they left it there.
I've been advocating for it (Castle Wars) to rotate in for a full week on a monthly basis in place of Big Team Super Fiesta. They're both more socially orientated Big Team experiences.
Halo 5 is incredibly competitive and makes me burn out fast.
But by God, I could play Castle Wars forever!
I haven't had this much fun playing Halo since Reach. It's entertaining and joyful to play it. No sweatiness, no worries. Just pure running around mayhem!

343, please make Castle Wars permanent!!!!
I prefer 343 makes griffball permanent
I like Castle Wars but I would like to see more variety. 3 or 4 way Last-Castle-Standing would be sweet. Start weapon change up, more maps, etc.
Yes please. More castle wars. I need my destroy mongoose and warthog accommodations.
Yeah I've only played castle wars like two weekends out of all the times it's been available and I enjoyed it not being crazy sweaty
It such a fun mode I don’t really get why they don’t bring it out often
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
The reason why these modes are limited time only is because studies have shown that population is great for the first two weeks, and then fall over afterwards because everyone who cared...doesn't care as much anymore. Once it leaves and comes back some time later, people care again and the cycle continues.

This being said, 343 should just make many limited time modes integrated once and for all, Grifball is seriously lacking, I miss it, even if it many players were trash and ruined it for others.
Grifball was almost consistently the lowest populated playlist in the whole game when it was a permanent playlist. More people played HWC than Grifball.

If it came back, soon after people would be unable to find games and complain about that, and at that point it might as well be removed.
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
Alucardko wrote:
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
Right!? Castle Wars is always quick to start and full. I think its often more populated than BTB or the fiesta playlists.
Obviously thats all my perspective and not based on fact whatsoever, but i continue to have quicker matching with CW over even the social Slayers.
Alucardko wrote:
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
No I didn't, but that's irrelevant, so is your personal experience. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact that the population it low enough to keep Castle wars as a rotational playlist. It will likely never be permanent again, and that's a good thing for you guys who like it.
Alucardko wrote:
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
No I didn't, but that's irrelevant, so is your personal experience. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact that the population it low enough to keep Castle wars as a rotational playlist. It will likely never be permanent again, and that's a good thing for you guys who like it.
Then if you dont play Castle Wars your argument is not valid, Castle Wars was never permanent, so seems you only want to say random things, for the next time you can tell the popuulation of the gametypes that you play like super fiesta
Alucardko wrote:
Alucardko wrote:
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
No I didn't, but that's irrelevant, so is your personal experience. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact that the population it low enough to keep Castle wars as a rotational playlist. It will likely never be permanent again, and that's a good thing for you guys who like it.
Then if you dont play Castle Wars your argument is not valid, Castle Wars was never permanent, so seems you only want to say random things, for the next time you can tell the popuulation of the gametypes that you play like super fiesta
That's not how it work buddy. My argument is valid because it comes right from 343. For the 4th time, the population is low enough that it cannot be a permanent playlist, and it's unlikely it will be. Get a grip, you aren't winning this one.
Alucardko wrote:
Alucardko wrote:
I never could get into it. Unfortunately, the population is low enough where having more playlists would spread the population out and cause longer wait times, matching issues, and ultimately kill the very playlists you want to keep. If they were popular enough, they would be permanent.
I don't think population is that low. You dont need a crazy high population to keep a game mode around. Sure not alllll of them, but Castle Wars seems popular enough to keep permanent.
Population is definitely low enough. Nobody said anything about crazy high population, but the population does need to be high enough to support it long term. Castle wars population tends to drift off after a week or two, you like it so you see it as popular, it's not. If it were, it would be permanent.
I think you never played Castle Wars, I only return to Halo 5 each time that Castle Wars is up, approximately each 2 months (2 weeks per time like all the rotational playlists) and I never had a problem for find matches
No I didn't, but that's irrelevant, so is your personal experience. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact that the population it low enough to keep Castle wars as a rotational playlist. It will likely never be permanent again, and that's a good thing for you guys who like it.
Then if you dont play Castle Wars your argument is not valid, Castle Wars was never permanent, so seems you only want to say random things, for the next time you can tell the popuulation of the gametypes that you play like super fiesta
That's not how it work buddy. My argument is valid because it comes right from 343. For the 4th time, the population is low enough that it cannot be a permanent playlist, and it's unlikely it will be. Get a grip, you aren't winning this one.
oh yeah? you are from 343? or you have access to the population statistics? I dont think so
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2