Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Can you unlock weapon skins?

OP Ken2379

Or is it only possible to obtain through REQ packs?

I have only got the Fade skins and nothing else on most weapons. Then I have about 5 skins for the SMG, a gun I almost never use.

Wondering if I do something like get achievements or commendations can I get some different skins maybe?
A part from the Magnum targetmasters they are all hidden in REQ packs, sometimes a specific pack is available with only weapon skins but those are rare.
Best way to grind them out is to buy Silver packs until those give you back REQ points instead of unlocks and then proceed to Gold packs.
Weapon Skins in Halo 5 are all unlocked through REQ Packs other than TargetMaster skins which you'll unlock through winning Arena matches.

HCS Team skins are all unlocked through paid packs that you’ll have to buy.
There are other skins like the 343 Fire Unicorn & Ice Unicorn that you’ll get from being in the Halo Spotlight & playing in the Community Play dates, respectively.
Older 343 Skins & Sticker-Shock skins are no longer available.
There’s the new 343 Skins that you get for being a employee there.
And finally the Grassroots skin that you get for being selected for Halo Grassroots or have it gifted to you by someone in Grassroots.
some you can no longer get like those of competitive teams and others :(
all weapon skins are in the REQ pack.
Ken2379 wrote:
Or is it only possible to obtain through REQ packs?

I have only got the Fade skins and nothing else on most weapons. Then I have about 5 skins for the SMG, a gun I almost never use.

Wondering if I do something like get achievements or commendations can I get some different skins maybe?
The targetmaster skin variants are the only ones that are obtained by means of a commendation, which is to obtain a certain number of victories in arena; from level 1 to 5.
The others are obtained through req packs or paying for some that cannot be obtained in the game in any way.
I'm pretty sure it's just REQ packs