Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Change banning on grifball

OP XbOx StR8 DoMeZ

I have been banned 2 times in the same night playing grifball where I unintentionally killed teammates and they kicked me... 343 u need to do no bans or at least come up with something I don't wanna be locked out of arena because some stupid teammate decided to jump in front of my hammer every game and then I get banned. Its grifball turn off friendly fire or something. GB is too chaotic to have bans on for friendly fire just saying my email is email removed by moderator
Learn to watch were you hammer and you'll not get kicked.
Even if you watch your swings carefully you will still get a teammate who sprints in to take the kill and gets slapped mid swing.
Even if you watch your swings carefully you will still get a teammate who sprints in to take the kill and gets slapped mid swing.
Always happens to me, but the only time I was banned was when I was 45 seconds into the next game because I killed someone 10 seconds until the end of the game
It always happens at some point some teammate gets in the way
Thats not how griffball works. This game mode is oretty much expected to have betrayals constantley and yet 343 is incompetent they still include the boots and ban hammer for this. There literally no wxcuse to keep betrayal booting on in griffball.
Or you could watch your radar and switch to your sword when needed to avoid senselessly killing your teammates.
Or you could watch your radar and switch to your sword when needed to avoid senselessly killing your teammates.
Or you know take out betrayal booting on a game type known for it to happen not that difficult to understand
I've been playing Halo since CE, Grifball since Halo 3. I've never played soooo very carefully and yet: both my friend, and then myself got booted from a Grifball match yesterday for betraying to many times. Both of us got the "Eh tu, Brute?" message.

It was, as you call it, a sweaty match, and one exasperatingly stupid teammate kept leaping ahead of my swing, even after I had carefully thrust out of the area and towards the enemy team. I was even getting beat down by the opponents because I was being too careful, yet the boot from the match happened. I have never, NEVER been booted for betrayals before! And for perspective, my friend is 44 and I am a 48 yr old female.

I am a bit insulted and exasperated with this, fix your settings 343i. This game will be no fun to play because someone who is in charge of lgacy game types is woefully misunderstanding how Grifball works-its not arena, its not the same kind of expectations for game play, and your settings are NOT in line with how Grifball plays!
I think banning in grifball should not exist, very hard not to kill a teammate.
Or you know take out betrayal booting on a game type known for it to happen not that difficult to understand
So you'd rather take out any semblance of accountability and balance just so heavy handed kids can swing away without penalty? You really think Grifball would be better with a ton of idiots launching each other across the map and ground pounding the ball into the goal or simply betraying their allies on purpose without any sort of penalty? If you just think before you swing, you won't kill anyone and if you do it'll happen so infrequently that you won't be getting banned for it. :\
Hi im The ban thread please feed me
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make discriminatory posts.

Spoiler:
Show
So you'd rather take out any semblance of accountability and balance just so heavy handed kids can swing away without penalty? You really think Grifball would be better with a ton of idiots launching each other across the map and ground pounding the ball into the goal or simply betraying their allies on purpose without any sort of penalty? If you just think before you swing, you won't kill anyone and if you do it'll happen so infrequently that you won't be getting banned for it. :\
Well, you are right. Without grifball ban a lot of people would kill their teammates intentionally.
Yeah I hate the betrayals/ban thing for griffball. I've only played reach other than H5 and it was so much more fun in Reach. I feel stressed every time I swing my hammer. And I never boot anyone because it just hurts your team more in the end.
There is never one size fits all when it comes to video games but when you have forum after forum about issues like this then it needs to be addressed. As a game design student i can tell you that this system is not compatible with this specific game "type" or "mode". Should they take it out completely and let it be as "out of control" as possible? No; but they do have to do something about it.

Perhaps rather then number of times betrayed they can switch to a tracking system that measures the frequency of betrayals. Only banning players consistently betraying friendlies over a certain amount of time. Presets being 3 betrays within variables of 15 to 30 seconds. With the cap of betrayals being 9 betrayals total within the 12 minute game run time. So in conclusion if a player decides to betray the friendly team all at once killing 3 players in 30 seconds he would be booted, or if the player chooses to betray the friendly team killing 1-2 players within intervals of 15 to 30 seconds then the player would be booted with in 0:02:15 - 0:04:30 of the total 12 minute game time.

On a side note i looked at your past game history and you hardly play Grifball more then 5 times a month in 7 day intervals so you unlike most who constantly play the game mode don't have to worry about being consistently banned until you reach a 24 hour ban time; because not only are players being booted from the game but they are being banned from the arena mode, accumulating strikes and extending ban duration.

Now if the ban duration was only placed on Grifball this would reduce the blow back caused from the imbalance of settings. I draw this conclusion because the majority of fellow community members apposing the ban hammer all claim to not be at fault and if it wasn't for the specific game mode using gravity hammers a devastation proximity weapon then they would not purposely betray a team mate. So the results of a Arena wide ban is unjust when the player would never betray a player under normal circumstances in lets say Slayer or Swat, and can not simply switch to a different game type when the ban hammer comes down on them due to accidental betrayals in Grifball. Thks-JIV
I noticed that too and was completely confused by it. Betrayal booting should be turned off for Grifball, or friendly fire should just be disabled.
AveryChu wrote:
I noticed that too and was completely confused by it. Betrayal booting should be turned off for Grifball, or friendly fire should just be disabled.
Friendly fire can not just be disabled that fixes one thing and brings back a really old problem in previous halo Grifballs, Where a team grabs the ball and launches the player into the air sending the playing and the ball down field to the goal. However now its worse because we would have ground pound and can hang air and aim to land in the goal scoring without effort.

Now i can't speak for certain on this because i don't know the gravity hammers logic but if its possible to turn down the gravity effect and only have a direct and indirect proximity blast that only sends a out damage and not force then you could turn off friendly fire. However that comes with issues of its own, people just hammering anywhere and everywhere constantly with no regret. A team can goal camp and just consistently hammer each other. but as i said i can't say for certain that turning friendly fire off and rebalancing gravity hammers would work. Like all game modes it would have to be tested and tweaked immensely, which should have been underway.