Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

CHANGES FOR HALO 5

OP Quantify Risk

-Ban people for 30 minutes, a day, and a week. If they quit within a 24-hour period. I don't honestly care if your Wi-Fi disconnects it ruins the community if you cut out of the game.
-take refuge out of competitive
-don't penalize me if my teammate leaves the game it hurts my competitive score and it frustrates me
-Halo 5 needs to design more armor to incentivize people to play. There's no other reason a play other than to do well in competitive. 152 means nothing to me and I'm level 147
-The game is dried up and boring right now that's why the pros are picking other games to play
That's kinda harsh for the ban
I doubt they will change maps at this point
I know I know, we all go through when team mates quit, but I've won high rank games with a 3v4 or even 2v4. Especially in Halo 2 and Halo 3, in this game it's more team based so run with some team mates
Then just grind for that champ 1 rank
It is dried up, reason a lot aren't playing and playing OG style mechanic games like H2/H3, but EVERYONE wants sprint and mechanics in Infinite...
ouv wrote:
It is dried up, reason a lot aren't playing and playing OG style mechanic games like H2/H3, but EVERYONE wants sprint and mechanics in Infinite...
I heard that H5 garners more population than MCC. Not sure how true it is, but the claim referenced a member from 343i's data analysis team as the one divulging that information.
Immediately banning people due to their poor connection is ruining to the community. They'll just stop playing Halo 5 altogether, and the population is low enough as it is. After two/three games, they'll get timed out due to poor connection, which is good enough.
Bad teams ruin my experience with the game more often than not. It seems like evey time I do well, I purposely get put on a bad team. If there are guys going 0-12 on my team or I'm losing due to being matched up against full parties than I have every right to quit out. If I get banned for quitting I simply play a different game, thus the population suffers as others do the same thing. Quit bans are counterintuitive, and are nothing more than a tryhard way to force players to play their game. Getting banned for team killing is another thing.
Bad teams ruin my experience with the game more often than not. It seems like evey time I do well, I purposely get put on a bad team.
I've genuinely had this too, and my brother. Whenever I was playing, and the server was obviously quiet, I would go win, big loss, win, big loss. Fortunately, I don't seem to really experience this when I play in the evenings. I just stop playing whenever this seems to happen to me now.
Bad teams ruin my experience with the game more often than not. It seems like evey time I do well, I purposely get put on a bad team.
I've genuinely had this too, and my brother. Whenever I was playing, and the server was obviously quiet, I would go win, big loss, win, big loss. Fortunately, I don't seem to really experience this when I play in the evenings. I just stop playing whenever this seems to happen to me now.
This happens to me eveytime I play. Especially in team arena. I can play slayer and other ranked playlists and the teams aren't that unfair. In team arena if I win a game, then the next game I will have all plats on my team and verse a diamond and the rest onyx/champs. The game treats me like I should be able to carry bad teammates against champs. It's worse in team arena, because everyone stats and doesn't play objective bc they are afraid of losing csr.
The rank and matchmaking system is broken or 343 does this on purpose. If you are set up to win about 50% of your games, then you will have to play more to rank up. In theory this will keep the population up and keep 343s game alive. In reality a lot of people will stop playing a game with broken matchmaking.
This season I have played so much team arena and keep going from plat 6 to diamond 1 repeatedly because I get teammates who won't play objective and go 3 and 15.
It's already been discussed by a few Halo YouTube channels. Getting punished for playing good was intended to give bad players a chance. Combined with CSR, it's just a terrible experience most of the time.
-Ban people for 30 minutes, a day, and a week. If they quit within a 24-hour period. I don't honestly care if your Wi-Fi disconnects
WOAH WATCH OUT WE GOT A SAVAGE OVER HERE.
The rank and matchmaking system is broken or 343 does this on purpose. If you are set up to win about 50% of your games, then you will have to play more to rank up. In theory this will keep the population up and keep 343s game alive. In reality a lot of people will stop playing a game with broken matchmaking.
This season I have played so much team arena and keep going from plat 6 to diamond 1 repeatedly because I get teammates who won't play objective and go 3 and 15.
I really hope it's improved for Infinite, because it's just ridiculous. I end up doing the same: shuffling between ranks. It's been happening to me this evening. Winning two games out of nine, on the Halo 3 Throwback Playlist, going from near Plat 6 to near Plat 3. And I'm just so "frustrated" that I've come off.

Worst guy on my team last match literally went 3/14. Which, of course, drags my stats down too, because if my teammates are dying without taking the enemy out, it leaves me in outnumbered situations, and usually without power weapons, as I can't push. Even if you don't care about stats, which is fair enough, dying more often than you otherwise would isn't fun.

EDIT: Not particularly important, but comparing my K/D to my Win/Loss, and I see that if I have a good team, we'll win the match, and I'll have a good K/D. If I have a team I have to try and carry, we lose, and I have a lower K/D; this is the case over those last nine games, and the one prior. Not necessarily proof, but pretty compelling evidence to support the previous paragraph.
I really hope it's improved for Infinite, because it's just ridiculous. I end up doing the same: shuffling between ranks. It's been happening to me this evening. Winning two games out of nine, on the Halo 3 Throwback Playlist, going from near Plat 6 to near Plat 3. And I'm just so "frustrated" that I've come off.

Worst guy on my team last match literally went 3/14. Which, of course, drags my stats down too, because if my teammates are dying without taking the enemy out, it leaves me in outnumbered situations, and usually without power weapons, as I can't push. Even if you don't care about stats, which is fair enough, dying more often than you otherwise would isn't fun.
I thought I would be safe from the bad kids in Halo 5, since the MCC is ten times worse when it comes to teams, but it's still pretty bad. I came to the conclusion that I've been forcing myself to play and like this game. But I'm always rolling my eyes at the long search times, laggy menus, and the insane melee range. Everything about about Halo 5 engages me. I won my last match, but I just don't have the patience anymore. I might take a break for a while or just uninstall it.

Everything about about Halo 5 engages me. I won my last match, but I just don't have the patience anymore. I might take a break for a while or just uninstall it.
"Wake me, when Halo 6 comes out."
Hmm, nice parameters for the quit bans OP:
1. Quit a game --> 30 min ban
2. After 30 mins quit another game --> 24 hour ban
3. At least 24 hours and 30 minutes have passed after the first quit and the 24 hour quit threshold resets
4. Notice that it is impossible to receive a week long ban due to the previous ban durations.
5. Profit!

But in all seriousness, quit bans aren't really that good of an idea, especially for a borderline dead game whose matchmaker gives lopsided matches constantly. For ranked perhaps but never for social.
eLantern wrote:
ouv wrote:
I heard that H5 garners more population than MCC. Not sure how true it is, but the claim referenced a member from 343i's data analysis team as the one divulging that information.
Which may be true because most either traded in their MCC because of the launch or people don't have it, but I can tell you those who played H2/H3 back in the day aren't playing H5
ouv wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ouv wrote:
Which may be true because most either traded in their MCC because of the launch or people don't have it, but I can tell you those who played H2/H3 back in the day aren't playing H5
I’ve been playing every Halo title as my primary FPS since CE released. I was 21 years old in 2001. I’ve loved them all, but H5’s gameplay has easily been the most enjoyable to me. Plus, I know I’m not the only one. I’ve had conversations with people that I’ve met over H5 who likewise have played since CE and agree with me that H5’s gameplay has been the most enjoyable to them.
eLantern wrote:
ouv wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ouv wrote:
I’ve been playing every Halo title as my primary FPS since CE released. I was 21 years old in 2001. I’ve loved them all, but H5’s gameplay has easily been the most enjoyable to me. Plus, I know I’m not the only one. I’ve had conversations with people that I’ve met over H5 who likewise have played since CE and agree with me that H5’s gameplay has been the most enjoyable to them.
Well I am glad you enjoy it, but I know from a lot of my friends who competed in tournaments and MLG events, even a few that are still pro, prefer the OG style. Everyone has their own tastes
ouv wrote:
Everyone has their own tastes.
Exactly.
ouv wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ouv wrote:
Please dont, I have been playing Halo since 2002 and although I enjoy all the games Halo 5 is the one I enjoy the most due to all the movement options. I however dislike Ground Pound and Spartan Charge so I usually stick to the Arena playlist.

Lately when I login the only playlist that doesn't have ridiculous wait times is the H3 Classic playlist, so that is what I've been playing. While it is a nice change of pace, the gameplay is a bit slow for my liking and there's only a few maps that I truly enjoy playing on.

EDIT: Not particularly important, but comparing my K/D to my Win/Loss, and I see that if I have a good team, we'll win the match, and I'll have a good K/D. If I have a team I have to try and carry, we lose, and I have a lower K/D; this is the case over those last nine games, and the one prior. Not necessarily proof, but pretty compelling evidence to support the previous paragraph.
I think that teammates in the ranked H3 matches are the worst I've experienced recently. It seems like sooo many people don't know the maps or objectives, especially in Oddball.
Akinola51 wrote:

I think that teammates in the ranked H3 matches are the worst I've experienced recently. It seems like sooo many people don't know the maps or objectives, especially in Oddball.
Not knowing the maps is understandable, as a lot of players will never have played on Halo 3 Multiplayer or Custom games. But ignoring the objective, and not valuing map control and positioning, seem the greatest issues.

In Halo 5, you can obviously just use Clamber to get up to places. But in the playlist, as in Halo 3, they can't use Clamber. So positioning becomes more important. Unfortunately, it's less valuable in Halo 5, so it isn't appreciated by a lot of players in the throwback playlist, as they aren't used to it. Since positioning is more important, map and power weapon control also become more important. These too are less valuable in Halo 5. At least in my experience on the game.