Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Clambering Help

OP Sir Deathsalot

Hey everyone. Have a straight forward question for you. I'm now starting to work on my last personal commendation. That one is the AND STAY OFF one under multiplayer. For those who don't know it, this is the clambering medal.

"Kill and enemy Spartan who is clambering"

I'm close to wrapping it up lucky. I only need 29 more to finish the commendation. So my question is this: what do you recommend I play to finish this commendation quickly? Game mode, weapons, strategy, etc would be appreciated. A guy in my company recommended Snipers since a head shot is an instant kill. I would think WZ with the Prophet's Bane and waiting in high traveled areas would work. What do you all think? Thanks for recommendations!
Those are both good ideas! I’ll offer one more. You can try to bait players to chase you as you climb a ledge. Play some version of Super Fiesta and nail them with a Rocket Launcher or similar when they get to the top of the ledge.
Infection . . . Zombies are a one hit kill and it would be pretty easy to pick them off with a pistol at the right time. Past that there aren't really any specific strategies to earn those medals - it's just one of the things you'd usually get over time, since you can't control when somebody clambers.

If you do play infection, there is a map where you might be able to finish all of those medals in just a couple rounds - On Drillsite (the map) camp at human spawn with a precision weapon, look to the left, and pick off the zombies as they leave their spawn area.
Drillsite | ForgeHub
This link has a couple picture of the map - human spawn is all the way to the right (of the pictures) and has a black box for you to stand on. Zombie spawn is to the left, and the spot they clamber is above the lift.
I was wondering the same thing.... as my clambers are only on tier three (12/15, so if my match is right I need 78 more clambers), I just assumed I would get them organically as the game happened, it's not one of those that are easy to farm. Plus... I'm still working on my breakout and strongholds comms (and struggling with those to boot), so it's going to be awhile before I switch to try and work on them. That said, people in company have suggested SWAT is a decent place to farm those, depending on the map and how people are playing. If you're a good shot (and I've come across you a few times in breakout so I know you are), you should be able to get a few in there, and the games go relatively quick, so I wouldn't think it would take too long knock a few out.
Hey everyone. Have a straight forward question for you. I'm now starting to work on my last personal commendation. That one is the AND STAY OFF one under multiplayer. For those who don't know it, this is the clambering medal.

I'm close to wrapping it up lucky. I only need 29 more to finish the commendation. So my question is this: what do you recommend I play to finish this commendation quickly? Game mode, weapons, strategy, etc would be appreciated. A guy in my company recommended Snipers since a head shot is an instant kill. I would think WZ with the Prophet's Bane and waiting in high traveled areas would work. What do you all think? Thanks for recommendations!
Infection, preferably Brainsss with a map that has DMR and open space where you have the high ground. Drillsite is nice but you need last man by camping bottom mid and then... there's no way back up. I'd say Black Friday as you need to go up the elevator to the top circular floor and wait for zombies to clamber up the elevator towards you.

If you aren't the greatest at Infection then just use a grenade launcha and use the hold-fire mode at the most clambered places like the sniper tower jutting out of the armouries.

I find WZ with any active camo boost and a close-weapon to help with this. Just wait till someone clambers up to you and blast 'em to bits! I also find a few of these clambering kills in Breakout. Sitting atop a ledge while crouched often leads to someone clambering up and you can blast them too. Your reaction time for the second suggestion has to be spot on to get the kill while he's clambering though. Hope this helps!