Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Classic Settings Question

OP JustAlex1997

Halo 5: Guardians allows users to disable Spartan Abilities and sprint, and this fixes the issue that Halo 4 had where enormous design limitations were placed on those who built multiplayer maps for the game. With these things disabled, and on user-created maps with the flexibility of previous Halo titles, how well does Halo 5: Guardians play? Are there any issues that come into play such as weapon behavior?
You should play the H3 playlist if you want to experience what it's like since it doesn't have Spartan Abilities enabled.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You should play the H3 playlist if you want to experience what it's like since it doesn't have Spartan Abilities enabled.
I'm sure I would if I could, but I'm asking here for a reason.
Disabling abilities doesn't affect the weapons, but it can make it a little easier to get kills since the weapons' aim mechanics and the grenades were designed for the abilities turned on.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Disabling abilities doesn't affect the weapons, but it can make it a little easier to get kills since the weapons aim mechanics and the grenades were designed for the abilities turned on.
Would you say that it negatively impacts the experience in a significant way?
Considering I believe the Halo 3 Throwback playlist to be the best one in H5, I'd say the removal of the newer game mechanics doesn't negatively impact the gameplay. However, it might if you were to remove those game mechanics while playing on H5 maps.
No real impact to having abilities turned off other than being unable to get to spots on maps that you probably weren't supposed to be able to get to in the first place. Or rather, spots creators never considered someone would get to. Beyond that, I can't think of much of any other impact.
DoubleSama wrote:
Considering I believe the Halo 3 Throwback playlist to be the best one in H5, I'd say the removal of the newer game mechanics doesn't negatively impact the gameplay. However, it might if you were to remove those game mechanics while playing on H5 maps.
H3 Throwback playlist is the most fun playlist I've played on H5. I try to grind it every time it's out. Classic settings >
I would love to tell you my opinion on it but I can still find a game in every single playlist EXCEPT Halo 3 classic for some reason