Classic vs New

OP Lanzerat

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
So I read alot of threads about hate and support against Halo 5 to be considered as a worthy Halo title.
When I read these threads, many people say Halo needs to evolve, it needs change. Many people say it diesn't need these new game mechanics and art style.
So I just wanted to make a thread about, do you like the classic type of Halo or do you like the new type of Halo?
Classic Halo. I can live without the Spartan abilities and go back to Halo 3 with the equipment and duel wielding. And maybe projectiles.
New halo. I heavily dislike one gun games without sprint called halo CE, 2, 3 and reach (AA sprint was a + but armor lock was frustrating).
Classic Halo for me but I have to admit Halo 5 is my favourite modern fps
Classic Halo dude here, all I want to do in a Halo game is to shoot my gun at the red/blue dudes, the rest is just details.
I like the 343s Halo but they should still uphold old school Halo.
New Halo is kinda fun, but Classic Halo is the one that can bring my spirits up on a bad day.
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
I much, much prefer classic, though Halo 5 is a step forward from Halo 4. (Also several steps back, but the core mechanics are better, at least)
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
I actually think that if the campaign mission quality of Halo CE and 4 + Halo 5 multiplayer, and a little step back with the game mechanics and customazation and a step forward with adding Flood and brutes and good old missing Halo weapons I think that would be the perfect Halo title
Classic halo

nothing will beat the original trilogy
I'd say a good mesh between classic and new, I like to call it "Modern" Halo which is what I refer to Reach as, the thing is the "New" style feels to how to say, not Halo at all, while the Classic style has been played out, but the Modern style only existed for one game, Reach, and while I'm referring to the gameplay itself a lot of people will probably start whining about armor abilities, honestly the only 5 armor abilities I want to EVER exist in Halo are as follows, Hardlight Shield (deals with grenade Spammers), Jetpack (For those custom game nights), Active Camo (So we don't need to camp in one spot to get continuous camp), Promethian Vision (To deal with Camo campers), and Sprint (to make giant maps easier to traverse) that's it, no thrusters, so spartan charge, no ground pound.
LethalQ wrote:
Why can't I like both?
You can
I honestly prefer the modern mechanics (excluding Spartan Charge) but I'd love for the motion tracker to be between the classic and the modern, maybe 20m...
Lanzerat wrote:
So I read alot of threads about hate and support against Halo 5 to be considered as a worthy Halo title.
When I read these threads, many people say Halo needs to evolve, it needs change. Many people say it diesn't need these new game mechanics and art style.
So I just wanted to make a thread about, do you like the classic type of Halo or do you like the new type of Halo?
Both. There also isn't a 'classic' type of Halo. Every Halo has been dramatically different from each other. I'm getting tired of this myth.
I like the old games as well as this one. Therefore, I think they could and should add a Classic Halo Gametype that has Spartan charge turned off , and have the H2 Br starting weapon with the CE pistol as a power weapon. They could even take away sprint for that single game type, if climbing was not affected. Obviously clamber would have to remain as the maps are designed for it, that might be true for sprint as well. I think it would be a good compromise, But even that there will be people on this forum that will be against that idea.
I like both. Both the old and new style have its merits and downsides.

Overall, Halo needs to change to keep up with the current market. Halo fans from back in the day have grown up. They don't have as much time to play Halo as a younger audience does. This is who 343 are targeting, the younger audience.
Classic Halo.
If they added a classic playlist...

All you get is.
Clamber.
Smart scope.
And 110-120% walking speed.

No sprint.
No spartan charge.
No thrusters.
No ground pound.
Occasionally no radar.
  1. 1