2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15
I personally like they way it is going. Think about it this way: If Halo never changed except for new graphics, how many people would be playing it? How many people play MCC compared to Halo 5? There is definitely a huge difference. Ultimately, change is better.
Change has only had a negative impact on Halo. The fan base is well over 50% smaller and barely hang around a week after launch due to those unnecessary changes.
Do we really have to do this again?
A: Show me the population numbers
B: Show me the population drop numbers
C: Show me a comparison to all games released at the same time that show a statistically significant difference for H5.
D: Figure out someway to determine and verify why people are leaving rather than just offering an Argument from Ignorance fallacy.
E: Remember that there have been massive change with every Halo. Halo 2 was far more popular than CE and included a huge amount of changes. The same is true from 2 to 3 and so on.
I don't buy that that fan base drop by 50% after the first week as well - this kid has nothing to back that figure up and I've a quote directly out of the MSFT 8-k report which was filed on 7/19/2016 after they crushed earnings estimates.

Found on page 6 under revenue from personal computing (that's xbox segment) " Xbox Live monthly active users grew 33% year-over-year to 49 million" Halo5 has been out for about 9 months or so.

So if a major xbox franchise experience such a dramatic drop usage right after a lunch date within this past year then how did xbox live active users grow by 33%?

These kids don't have a clue!
Xbox Live growth has nothing to do with Halo 5. Halo isn't the only game on Xbox.
I personally like they way it is going. Think about it this way: If Halo never changed except for new graphics, how many people would be playing it? How many people play MCC compared to Halo 5? There is definitely a huge difference. Ultimately, change is better.
Change has only had a negative impact on Halo. The fan base is well over 50% smaller and barely hang around a week after launch due to those unnecessary changes.
C: Show me a comparison to all games released at the same time that show a statistically significant difference for H5.
D: Figure out someway to determine and verify why people are leaving rather than just offering an Argument from Ignorance fallacy.
E: Remember that there have been massive change with every Halo. Halo 2 was far more popular than CE and included a huge amount of changes. The same is true from 2 to 3 and so on.
I don't buy that that fan base drop by 50% after the first week as well - this kid has nothing to back that figure up and I've a quote directly out of the MSFT 8-k report which was filed on 7/19/2016 after they crushed earnings estimates.

Found on page 6 under revenue from personal computing (that's xbox segment) " Xbox Live monthly active users grew 33% year-over-year to 49 million" Halo5 has been out for about 9 months or so.

So if a major xbox franchise experience such a dramatic drop usage right after a lunch date within this past year then how did xbox live active users grow by 33%?

A compiled user base from 360 and XB1. Just like their Holiday sales figures, which will change, if they will say anything now.
xbox one release date was 11/22/2013 - this quote was from 7/19/2016 so a 33% increase from 7/2015 to 7/2016 which wraps nicely round H5 release date and DLC's
8-k is an audited report so highly unlikely this a false statement from MSFT
Classic for me. Specifically, Halo CE, H2, and H3. Sure, they all have different things about their gameplay, but they are the games I enjoy the most. Halo 4 was not bad (in fact, I'd say it had a good story, especially the subplots), but certain things about the gameplay didn't "click" so easily. But now Halo 5 has a story that I don't agree with, so...yeah, there's that.
I dislike classic cause it's boring and it's too simple. I don't think halo 5 is like a new halo it's basically classic.

I want all the trimmings in my halo. AA can work fine they just have to seperate what's is unlimited use, was is limited use or one time use. Or a powers up.
Classic Halo all the way, Halo 5 was a monumental step up from Halo 4 but it still holds nothing on the old trilogy, in my opinion, save for Forge, which is absolutely incredible in Halo 5. The art style, gameplay and story telling were all superior in the original trilogy, in my opinion, there was just a different approach to the design of those games that I feel is missing in the new ones.
I think no one wins each side has its pros and bad points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Both are fine
I think we can all agree that classic gameplay is great for a reason. The reason being we all (at least most of us) grew up playing it over and over. But games are subject to change with the capabilities of their developers. They don't do it to make us unhappy lol. It's the same thing with your favorite bands. Creative changes happen and it makes for new content.

Yeah there are parts of classic Halo that will always be better. But there are also parts of H5 and beyond that will change the way we play. We might not always like it but I don't think that would merit abandoning a franchise that's been present with us for such a long time.

I don't know. I love Halo and I always will. We can all voice opinions on what needs change but comparing the classics to the new stuff is always a bit of a stalemate imo.
Classic Halo dude here, all I want to do in a Halo game is to shoot my gun at the red/blue dudes, the rest is just details.
word.
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
Like they said the classics were the downright best but I would like to see a better campaign with this great multiplayer!
As far as art style goes, Classic Halo all the way. I loved the art style of Halo: Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary; with Reach, Bungie perfected the looks and sounds of most of the weapons, armor, characters, and vehicles. 343i did an excellent job with the Master Chief's armor in Halo: CE Anniversary's campaign, and Certain Affinity really nailed the look of the multiplayer maps in the Anniversary Map Pack.

343i's art style with Halo 4 and Halo 5 just can't compare. Lots of unnecessary changes. Hopefully they go back to the art style of Halo: Reach for Halo 6... as an excuse, they could say that Master Chief and the crew of the Infinity have been cut off from their supplies by the Created, and thus have had to resort to using older technology.
As far as art style goes, Classic Halo all the way. I loved the art style of Halo: Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary; with Reach, Bungie perfected the looks and sounds of most of the weapons, armor, characters, and vehicles. 343i did an excellent job with the Master Chief's armor in Halo: CE Anniversary's campaign, and Certain Affinity really nailed the look of the multiplayer maps in the Anniversary Map Pack.

343i's art style with Halo 4 and Halo 5 just can't compare. Lots of unnecessary changes. Hopefully they go back to the art style of Halo: Reach for Halo 6... as an excuse, they could say that Master Chief and the crew of the Infinity have been cut off from their supplies by the Created, and thus have had to resort to using older technology.
Also don't forget that the Guardians EMP'd Earth and many colonies.
Halo 5
Classic Halo, unfortunately my friends disagree, and I really enjoy playing with friends especially for multiplayer.

A compiled user base from 360 and XB1. Just like their Holiday sales figures, which will change, if they will say anything now.
xbox one release date was 11/22/2013 - this quote was from 7/19/2016 so a 33% increase from 7/2015 to 7/2016 which wraps nicely round H5 release date and DLC's
8-k is an audited report so highly unlikely this a false statement from MSFT
I'll just put it like this. Where is your proof that they don't?

Link
"Monthly active users means the number of people who logged into Xbox Live in the past 30 days and it counts not only Xbox One, but also Xbox 360 and PC. For Microsoft's latest quarter, it had 48 million monthly active users."
New Halo is kinda fun, but Classic Halo is the one that can bring my spirits up on a bad day.
True.

Halo 5's not that bad. Good multiplayer, sucky campaign.
It's the reverse with Halo 4 (although I really hated that game. Felt very unfinished to me).

I personally prefer the trilogy, though. It just has such a different feel to it all; the campaign, the multiplayer. It feels like there's endless possibilites to have fun. Not to mention how replayable and enjoyable the campaigns in the trilogy are. They do keep me coming back (except Halo 2 unless it's not on Legendary). Whereas with the last 2 titles, they kinda feel rushed and a bit too different, really.
I really like both. I would prefer new, though.
Classic Halo.
Classic for me. Halo 2 and Halo 3 in particular. These had the original feel of Halo, whilst having some of the creases ironed out.
Probably classic because i like the old Halo games but i still like modern Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15