4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15
Modern Halo all day, every day.
Heres the thing about the "new type of halo"

none of the "new" games are really all that comparable to each other. Halo 4 is no more similar to reach than it is to halo 2. And it's miles from halo 5. I didn't really care for halo 4, love halo 5. Didn't play reach enough to give fair criticism.

Theres the halo formula that worked in halo 1-3 vs everything else.

I love halo 5 arena multiplayer. I put it up with halo 2 which was the game I put the most time in until I fell desperately in love with halo 5.

I hate halo 5 BTB, it is the worst Btb ever released in a halo game. Halo 4 btb was miles better, and that's my least fav game in the series.

I love halo CE campaign, halo 2 or 3 campaign can't hold a candle to it. No campaign in any halo game will ever beat CE. (5 wasn't good)

So there's certain elements that are both better and worse with both new and classic.

I really don't care for the new vs classic argument here. Halo reach,4, and 5 are very different games from each other. The game play is miles apart. Halo 4 was the worst multiplayer in the series IMO, halo 5 is one of the best.

So I guess I like classic way more than reach and 4 "new halo". But halo 5 is very close to on par in arena mp.
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
Yes yes!! Halo 4 had the best campaign and Halo 5 the best pvp. If H6 could incorporate these two elements and make the campaign a little darker, it would be a phenomenal best imo.
Lanzerat wrote:
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
I actually think that if the campaign mission quality of Halo CE and 4 + Halo 5 multiplayer, and a little step back with the game mechanics and customazation and a step forward with adding Flood and brutes and good old missing Halo weapons I think that would be the perfect Halo title
Level design of halo ce+halo 4 storytelling+halo 5 multiplayer=best halo game
New minus Spartan charge, but go with the classic art style. Go with a halo 3 style sandbox campaign, I would say halo2 but that is what halo 5 tried to be. If halo 6 can incorporate these three elements it will revive halos reputation as the best fps ever.
New Halo but I hate spartan charge. Just my opinion.
touch choice. both are even as I see it. The old has a classic play style unique to the game, where there was dual wielding and less variables. You don't need fancy stuff to have fun, but then there's Halo 5 which put in abilities I dreamed of since Halo Reach. If you ask me, the powers can stay because spartans can pretty much do all of that without the augments (except thruster pack). They have the strength to dent steel walls in the extended media and that's with a few punches. A spartan charge wasn't needed. A spartan can easily ground pound enemies without a thruster pack as long as they have a major height advantage, the only reason they have it is so they can aim it at a target. sprint... ok that's debatable since the master chief could do that since forever but has been holding it back for so long. but i can see why from a story standpoint: Spartan IVs were given the new tech to keep up with and even surpass Spartan IIs, but as we've seen from Locke vs. Chief, it doesn't help much.

as a final choice: i have none. Old and new are equals on a middle ground.
Modern but much love ce
I personally like how halo reach felt. It wasn't bad in some areas. Halo 3 gameplay (the classics) is to slow for me. I get bored easily, and halo 5 is too...... Not halo. But if we do a mix. The sprinting aspect of halo 4. The Assassinations from 5, The armor customization of Reach and the overall fell of halo 3 and 2 (The fell that you are a Massive 7 foot tall 2-ton monster killing animal). Then you have a game I would love to play.
I like both. I'll always love the classic halo, but the new halo brings a nice element of change to the game. It adds a whole new aspect of competitiveness that the classic halo couldn't bring to the table, but at the same time classic halo is far more relaxing to chill with.
prefiero mhalo 2 pero halo 5 uff lo malo de halo 5 es q aora todos son ninjass nd como halo reach o el 2 uff q dificil
Classic Halo. Halo CE-3 and even Reach really. They all focused around the golden triangle, with vehicle play encapsulating that. Granted, Reach a little less so, but they all had it. It's what made Halo so unique and so fun. Halo used to stand apart from the crowd in the FPS scene, now it's just another over the top content lacking shoot-em-up that involves you bouncing off walls frantically.
ZERESEC wrote:
Classic Halo. Halo CE-3 and even Reach really. They all focused around the golden triangle, with vehicle play encapsulating that. Granted, Reach a little less so, but they all had it. It's what made Halo so unique and so fun. Halo used to stand apart from the crowd in the FPS scene, now it's just another over the top content lacking shoot-em-up that involves you bouncing off walls frantically.
well you have to account for the fact that if they were to keep everything the same as they did in their "classic" games then there would be a large amount of people who would complain about how the game never changes. either way there's always going to be people who think that the game should've stayed the same, and then there will be people who think that the game needs to change.
ZERESEC wrote:
well you have to account for the fact that if they were to keep everything the same as they did in their "classic" games then there would be a large amount of people who would complain about how the game never changes. either way there's always going to be people who think that the game should've stayed the same, and then there will be people who think that the game needs to change.
This is where you're wrong, and a great deal of other people who seem to think this.
The classic Halo games, were all different. They all had drastically different features and all had their own unique experiences, but they stuck to the same gameplay formula. You had your guns, your grenades and your melee, then your vehicles and other gameplay features that were built and balanced creatively around that triangle. This way, each game differed, but they all played similarly, and these games were ALL individually critically acclaimed! they were widely loved and revolutionized console shooters with their ability to uniquely capture the love of their audience every time round.
You don't need to change a game to keep an audience, you just need to improve it. Add more features, don't remove them. It's a simple formula that the original Halo games mostly stuck to, and it worked phenomenally.
If it ain't broke. DON'T fix it.P.s. I don't mind the new gameplay formula, I just prefer the old one, and the old one was much more widely accepted as a fluent gameplay mechanic.
Both. I do love the classic Halos for sure but the Halo 5 feels smooth
I like the old games as well as this one. Therefore, I think they could and should add a Classic Halo Gametype that has Spartan charge turned off , and have the H2 Br starting weapon with the CE pistol as a power weapon. They could even take away sprint for that single game type, if climbing was not affected. Obviously clamber would have to remain as the maps are designed for it, that might be true for sprint as well. I think it would be a good compromise, But even that there will be people on this forum that will be against that idea.
Agreed
I need:Sprint
can live without: ground pound, thruster (maybe i need thruster couldn't decide)
dislike: Spartan charge
I'm good with both
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15