2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
I completely love the new Halo, it is awesome, and war zone is a very good way to play. I still thinking that Arena should have more from the old Halo multiplayer games (like the fact that you can "buy" some weapons), but I'm orthodox, I prefer the "old Halo" because I think that a Halo whitout the Master Chief is not a Halo, and Halo 5 for me is nothing more than a spin off.
Heres the thing about the "new type of halo"

none of the "new" games are really all that comparable to each other. Halo 4 is no more similar to reach than it is to halo 2. And it's miles from halo 5. I didn't really care for halo 4, love halo 5. Didn't play reach enough to give fair criticism.

Theres the halo formula that worked in halo 1-3 vs everything else.

I love halo 5 arena multiplayer. I put it up with halo 2 which was the game I put the most time in until I fell desperately in love with halo 5.

I hate halo 5 BTB, it is the worst Btb ever released in a halo game. Halo 4 btb was miles better, and that's my least fav game in the series.

I love halo CE campaign, halo 2 or 3 campaign can't hold a candle to it. No campaign in any halo game will ever beat CE. (5 wasn't good)

So there's certain elements that are both better and worse with both new and classic.

I really don't care for the new vs classic argument here. Halo reach,4, and 5 are very different games from each other. The game play is miles apart. Halo 4 was the worst multiplayer in the series IMO, halo 5 is one of the best.

So I guess I like classic way more than reach and 4 "new halo". But halo 5 is very close to on par in arena mp.
I'm sorry but halo 2 had one of the best campaigns, but I agree halo 5s campaign was terrible.
Lanzerat wrote:
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
I actually think that if the campaign mission quality of Halo CE and 4 + Halo 5 multiplayer, and a little step back with the game mechanics and customazation and a step forward with adding Flood and brutes and good old missing Halo weapons I think that would be the perfect Halo title
Level design of halo ce+halo 4 storytelling+halo 5 multiplayer=best halo game
Ya you're right that's even better. Man I get stoked just thinking about it
I like the classics better because of the nice simple game. No abilitys just walk and shoot
FORGE PLAY wrote:
If they added a classic playlist...

All you get is.
Clamber.
Smart scope.
And 110-120% walking speed.

No sprint.
No spartan charge.
No thrusters.
No ground pound.
Occasionally no radar.
Yeah that would work out pretty well if they did that classic playlist
Halo CE style.
Classic for me. Specifically, Halo CE, H2, and H3. Sure, they all have different things about their gameplay, but they are the games I enjoy the most. Halo 4 was not bad (in fact, I'd say it had a good story, especially the subplots), but certain things about the gameplay didn't "click" so easily. But now Halo 5 has a story that I don't agree with, so...yeah, there's that.
Same for me! :/
i love it all, I've played all the Halos. I like that many of them have major differences in multiplayer so you won't get bored.
i love it all, I've played all the Halos. I like that many of them have major differences in multiplayer so you won't get bored.
I Agree, and I too have played and completed all the Halos'.
HONORlS wrote:
I Agree, and I too have played and completed all the Halos'.
Awesome! That's good to here!
I feel like many mechanics from halo 5 could be added in to a classic model ofor halo. Take sprinoting for example and all the forging possibilities but put a classic spin on it.
The classic nostalgia always put a smile on me and I still even play classic Halo till this day, hope they make Halo 6 to have a classic game mode for Arena players.
Jellae wrote:
The classic nostalgia always put a smile on me and I still evn play classic Halo till this day, hope they make Halo 6 to have a classic game mode for Arena players.
Amen
UTR Noir wrote:
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
I totally agree with you! But Halo 5 could be better. Halo 5 has more potential. If 343 make Halo 6 with a pretty similar MP and some gameplay adjustement (25m radar) + similar level design of Halo CE and similar story line of Halo 4 + bringing back Flood! Flood needs to return! And the CE shotgun.
i love both. i still play split screen mcc with my buddy to go back to our childhood for a couple hours. but xbox one gen fps titles i love halo 5. its fresh and by far the best shooter out imo! DOOM is also pretty awesome stuff hut H5G is for sure my favorite game out at. the momentt
new halo is a fun game. its exactly what it sounds like, its new. people that were halo players when the original trilogy was big dislike usually the new halo because its different, which is understandable, but sometimes people really go overboard and call the game garbage and say how the game is dying and -Yoink- like that. the game is not dying as 343's dev's tweets have informed us, halo5 is apparently in the top ten of most played games on xbox, which is amazing for the franchise. i think that what we need is to add more content with real substance instead of reqs which are cosmetic for the most part. we need to add new maps and ESPECIALLY NEW GAME MODES!!! if you go on halo 5 and go to arena you see just a few game modes, now when you go to halo reach, halo 4, etc. you will actually be given this crazy thing where you keep scrolling down, and then more game modes will be there as you keep going down, as opposed to halo 5 where the game is just sorta like "hey you're casual and want to play a fun game mode, here is griffball and fiesta, but you only get fiesta sometimes, oh and it sucks usually." also, new weapons that are their own stand alone's would be appreciated, as compared to regurgitating content from the previous games, its understandable to have weapons reappearing in the games, but to add the weapons later just as cheap fan service, as opposed to adding content that recaptures their interest in the game, while still providing smooth gameplay and keeping balance. some big team battle maps that aren't from the forge would be appreciated. some better map pools for game modes such as social sniper would also be nice. i realize this thread isnt for criticism of the game, but there are things that cause a split between the community in opinions of the game. WE need to acknowledge these things that split the community and make them obvious. the way games have began to be made is different from before, the micro transactions, the colorful art styles, the non skill based gameplay (ie: hydras, new boltshot/suppressor which all auto lock and require no aim). we need to point out to 343 where the -Yoinked!- up, but not just yell about how -Yoink- the game is, tell them how we would like the game to be and how the game could be improved, props to the future update thread that talks about what people want added in the game, check it out if you havent seen it yet. -Cake
i do think that unlocking armor and visual aspecta of the game would be better if it was more along the lines of reach vs the req packs. reqs are super cool for WZ but strictly armor unlocks wpuld be cool if they where unlocked by achoevimg certain goals!
Why we have to chose? They can do both if they want!
Rakeara wrote:
You can choose both. Lately the community have been splitted by disagreement on what Halo should be like. So I just wanted to see how many people who likes the classic or the new style of Halo.
Lanzerat wrote:
Rakeara wrote:
You can choose both. Lately the community have been splitted by disagreement on what Halo should be like. So I just wanted to see how many people who likes the classic or the new style of Halo.
I think classic mode is halo's root but it's pretty fun to play the new version. Plus, MCC is here for the old mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15