4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15
Rakeara wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
Rakeara wrote:
Why we have to chose? They can do both if they want!
You can choose both. Lately the community have been splitted by disagreement on what Halo should be like. So I just wanted to see how many people who likes the classic or the new style of Halo.
I think classic mode is halo's root but it's pretty fun to play the new version. Plus, MCC is here for the old mode.
But what 343I did for the Halo veterans is amazing. They throwed the HCE pistol, H2 BR, H2 Focus rifle and the SPNKR rocket launcher. That fan service right there is amazing and if they continue to have this amazing MP and the campaign story and level design gets much better, Halo 6 is gonna be the game of the year
VP Valk wrote:
I feel like many mechanics from halo 5 could be added in to a classic model ofor halo. Take sprinoting for example and all the forging possibilities but put a classic spin on it.
The only thing forge needs now would be AI
Classic Halo definitely was much more popular, I just think they need to demo a playlist with BR starts, radar off, and all Spartan abilities turned off.
I recently played a Halo 5 custom game with classic Halo settings. It made me realise Halo 5 is missing the magic that made Halo uniquely enjoyable.
I like parts of classic and parts of new. For Halo 6 to be better, they need the right balance of the new and the old stuff, to keep veterans happy, and make people come into the Halo series, and to make it feel unique.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I like both. Both the old and new style have its merits and downsides.

Overall, Halo needs to change to keep up with the current market. Halo fans from back in the day have grown up. They don't have as much time to play Halo as a younger audience does. This is who 343 are targeting, the younger audience.
Good point and I agree.
The classic halo I mean I love Halo 5 but I loved the old ones even more
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5qV73VNiFuIhlwE43rJm8Q
gunduck10 wrote:
Quote:
If you Reach Marine Rank, you can create links....Like this for example.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5qV73VNiFuIhlwE43rJm8Q
Lanzerat wrote:
Rakeara wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
Rakeara wrote:
Why we have to chose? They can do both if they want!
You can choose both. Lately the community have been splitted by disagreement on what Halo should be like. So I just wanted to see how many people who likes the classic or the new style of Halo.
I think classic mode is halo's root but it's pretty fun to play the new version. Plus, MCC is here for the old mode.
But what 343I did for the Halo veterans is amazing. They throwed the HCE pistol, H2 BR, H2 Focus rifle and the SPNKR rocket launcher. That fan service right there is amazing and if they continue to have this amazing MP and the campaign story and level design gets much better, Halo 6 is gonna be the game of the year
Yes, it's better than nothing!
Classic Halo no doubt - gameplay was more enjoyable. I enjoyed Reach more than the sequels too even if a lot had changed in that game too. Having said that I don´t mind clamber and ground pound as they seem like fitting evolutions to the game. Spartan charge is ablsoute crap and so is less radar range combined. Kill times, req system, lack of proper customization options, UI and so on are all things I think Bungie did better. I also liked the art style and maps more by Bungie.

If managed in a good way and the right decisions are made going forward a potential Halo 6 could be what saves the franchise or the final nail in the coffin. Some say the final nail is already in but I´m not sure. Halo can still be salvaged but it needs to be managed better from here for sure.
I would love to see a return to a far more military-esque look and feel, the Spartans feel over designed, too outlandish and not practical, wheres the knifes ? The ammo pouches, the holsters ? This sort of stuff is great for immersion and customization same with the ranking system ? Where's the military ranks ? No we've got an arbitrary number system and the bronze, silver, gold, plat divisions.... Yawn, what does any of that have to do with the military and how does it tie into the lore ?
Miggy1483 wrote:
I would love to see a return to a far more military-esque look and feel, the Spartans feel over designed, too outlandish and not practical, wheres the knifes ? The ammo pouches, the holsters ? This sort of stuff is great for immersion and customization same with the ranking system ? Where's the military ranks ? No we've got an arbitrary number system and the bronze, silver, gold, plat divisions.... Yawn, what does any of that have to do with the military and how does it tie into the lore ?
I loved the ranking system in Reach but I just become General III or something
FORGE PLAY wrote:
If they added a classic playlist...

All you get is.
Clamber.
Smart scope.
And 110-120% walking speed.

No sprint.
No spartan charge.
No thrusters.
No ground pound.
Occasionally no radar.
Absolutely, yes. Though I might ask, do you think a few game modes could get thrusters? I'm curious as to why or why not.
Classic all the way, for me personally Halo 3 nailed it. In terms of both competitive and casual, the game types were fantastic, those maps are some of the best Halo multiplayer maps ever made, the equipment was tactical one time use brilliance and the game play was second to none.
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
I totally agree with you! But Halo 5 could be better. Halo 5 has more potential. If 343 make Halo 6 with a pretty similar MP and some gameplay adjustement (25m radar) + similar level design of Halo CE and similar story line of Halo 4 + bringing back Flood! Flood needs to return! And the CE shotgun.
Just played The Library last night with my wife. Probably for the 30th time. And guess what? Still eery, overwhelming, and awesome. I like what 343 is doing, and I think H4/HTT have amazing stories, but they do miss that flood up in your face feeling.

In fact, playing both games back to back all the time, the biggest difference I see is that I seem to play closer to the enemies in the classic trilogy, and be physically farther away in the new games. Anyone else notice that?
Lanzerat wrote:
So I read alot of threads about hate and support against Halo 5 to be considered as a worthy Halo title.
When I read these threads, many people say Halo needs to evolve, it needs change. Many people say it diesn't need these new game mechanics and art style.
So I just wanted to make a thread about, do you like the classic type of Halo or do you like the new type of Halo?
It's not the mechanics of H5 that I do not like. The Halo series has been evolving since the beginning. Halo CE introduced Shields, two weapons only, and vehicles to the shooter genre. H2 introduced dual wielding and hijacking, as well as introducing matchmaking as a whole. H3 had equipment you could throw down (and the end of the Flood that we know of...). H: ODST introduced firefight, H: Reach introduced armor abilities, H4 introduced sprint, and H5 introduced Spartan Charge, ground pound, and smart scope.
I'm not against change. What I do not like (not liking is an understatement) about H5 is how misleading the advertising for the story was. They LIED that Cortana wasn't coming back, and that Chief was going rouge.
That was not the case (as everyone knows).
The multiplayer was very bare bones (mostly fixed now). The theater still is very buggy (since the beginning). People don't like the art style because Halo's art style was more gritty, and now it looks like plastic. And everything in H5 is random, from map rotation, to what armors you unlock. I like to wear armor that you earn. that's why I have Mark 6 Gen 1 helmet and Nightfall (yes, I watched Nightfall) armor equipped (as of now).

Personally, I like the older halo's. The Recon didn't look bad, and actually meant something. 343i is trying to make it their halo game but while they make the games, the games belong to the fans. They need to remember that.
Classic Halo. I can live without the Spartan abilities and go back to Halo 3 with the equipment and duel wielding. And maybe projectiles.
That thread again!?
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
I totally agree with you! But Halo 5 could be better. Halo 5 has more potential. If 343 make Halo 6 with a pretty similar MP and some gameplay adjustement (25m radar) + similar level design of Halo CE and similar story line of Halo 4 + bringing back Flood! Flood needs to return! And the CE shotgun.
Just played The Library last night with my wife. Probably for the 30th time. And guess what? Still eery, overwhelming, and awesome. I like what 343 is doing, and I think H4/HTT have amazing stories, but they do miss that flood up in your face feeling.

In fact, playing both games back to back all the time, the biggest difference I see is that I seem to play closer to the enemies in the classic trilogy, and be physically farther away in the new games. Anyone else notice that?
When you say it! The only thing that made some sort of close up combat was Warden Eternal and mission Blue team. I actually loved fighting Warden Eternal, it made some sort of Halo 2 feeling when fighting Tartarus. I think 343I is trying to do the same Bungie did with the Reclaimer saga. Halo CE/Halo 4 = you and Cortana have to escape the spaceship, discovers Halo ring/Requiem. Discovers forerunner tech while searching for survivors/Infinity and then boom Halo ring/Requiem is gone. Halo 2/Halo 5 = it's a colony split between the covenant/humans, they try to figure out some secret, in two different characters vision. You have bosses fighting (except Juhl Mdama, sigh), and then the game finishes with a question about, what happens with Cortana next?
I like parts of classic and parts of new. For Halo 6 to be better, they need the right balance of the new and the old stuff, to keep veterans happy, and make people come into the Halo series, and to make it feel unique.
As well as bring back the casual playlists. The game doesn't need to be built around competitive play like Halo 5 is
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15