OP Lanzerat

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15
Classic, because I loved playing the playlist like infection without sprint, Ext. In matchaking, and custom games in matchmaking
I'm undecided
They are booth really good in my opinion
Personally, I float in between. I LOVE the old Halo's. I grew up playing them, and will never stop living the epic saga that they are. But, I do think that it is time for a little bit of change. Not like kicking Master Chief out of the game changes, but more like some od the stylistic and feeling changes that have been added since 343i took the reigns.
I'm a fan of both. I enjoy what 343 has done to the multiplayer, but disdain the art style. If we could have the classic art style with the current mechanics, it would be perfect for me.
I like them all. Played through all the games with my son. Always go forward, never back tho. Bring on H6
I'm a fan of both. I enjoy what 343 has done to the multiplayer, but disdain the art style. If we could have the classic art style with the current mechanics, it would be perfect for me.
Yeah I'm fine with where the game is at the moment but the UNSC designs are just poop all around.
Honestly, if they could make a game with the quality of h4's campaign, and the quality of h5's multiplayer, it in my opinion, could beat halo 3. I prefer h5 to h2 and 3 right now.

I will always love CE
Not going to lie, this is EXACTLY how I feel.
I wish we had blood and gore in halo 5.
There is blood from halo 5 and also the other Halo's
There is almost Zero blood in Halo 5 though. I could definitely go for more blood and guts in Halo
Lanzerat wrote:
So I read alot of threads about hate and support against Halo 5 to be considered as a worthy Halo title.
When I read these threads, many people say Halo needs to evolve, it needs change. Many people say it diesn't need these new game mechanics and art style.
So I just wanted to make a thread about, do you like the classic type of Halo or do you like the new type of Halo?
I generally play whatever the latest Halo is so as much as I enjoyed the classic Halo games, I'd say I like the new type of Halo.
Lanzerat wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
I totally agree with you! But Halo 5 could be better. Halo 5 has more potential. If 343 make Halo 6 with a pretty similar MP and some gameplay adjustement (25m radar) + similar level design of Halo CE and similar story line of Halo 4 + bringing back Flood! Flood needs to return! And the CE shotgun.
Just played The Library last night with my wife. Probably for the 30th time. And guess what? Still eery, overwhelming, and awesome. I like what 343 is doing, and I think H4/HTT have amazing stories, but they do miss that flood up in your face feeling.

In fact, playing both games back to back all the time, the biggest difference I see is that I seem to play closer to the enemies in the classic trilogy, and be physically farther away in the new games. Anyone else notice that?
When you say it! The only thing that made some sort of close up combat was Warden Eternal and mission Blue team. I actually loved fighting Warden Eternal, it made some sort of Halo 2 feeling when fighting Tartarus. I think 343I is trying to do the same Bungie did with the Reclaimer saga. Halo CE/Halo 4 = you and Cortana have to escape the spaceship, discovers Halo ring/Requiem. Discovers forerunner tech while searching for survivors/Infinity and then boom Halo ring/Requiem is gone. Halo 2/Halo 5 = it's a colony split between the covenant/humans, they try to figure out some secret, in two different characters vision. You have bosses fighting (except Juhl Mdama, sigh), and then the game finishes with a question about, what happens with Cortana next?
I think in large effect it is due to more long range weapons. H2&3 had what, BRs, Covie Carbines and snipers that had ranged? Now there are those, the pistols, DMR, Light Rifle, Binary rifle, and in a way every other gun with ADS. don't get me wrong, I dont mind the ADS at all. But I do kinda miss that "holy crap that flood elite is slapping my face off" feeling we used to all have.

And I agree, Blue Team did feel more up close and personal than the rest of the missions. I thought Warden Eternal was an excellent addition in both gameplay and scifi theory. Why not have one conscious that downloads into other bodies? My only critique of the Warden is that it would be neat if he changed fighting styles/how he could be taken down each time we face him. Like he is constantly adapting to our strategies (throwback to the sentinels in GoO).

Hmmm ya I can see that parallel. I think on the larger scale, humans are also paralleling the course of Forerunners as well, and must succeed where both the forerunners and precursors failed in order to have the Mantle bestowed upon them.
Lanzerat wrote:
So I read alot of threads about hate and support against Halo 5 to be considered as a worthy Halo title.
When I read these threads, many people say Halo needs to evolve, it needs change. Many people say it doesn't need these new game mechanics and art style.
So I just wanted to make a thread about, do you like the classic type of Halo or do you like the new type of Halo?
My answer to this is:

Halo 1-3 style gameplay so no SA or the sprint animation (just up base movement speed) but keep clamber from Halo 5, Add equipment and intergrade it how Halo 3 did it, so map pick ups (equipment could open a lot of possibilities for all sorts of items in the game) Halo 1-3 style MP map design. Halo 3/Reach style UI, Reach style for armour customization, Halo 3/Reach ranking system (1-50 military ranks in ranked play like Halo 3, with rank names like Inheritor like Reach for just playing the game) H2A style Interactive map elements (Putting up huge shields, shooting down chucks of ice, making a waterfall come down etc stuff like this is great!!) Halo 3 style Ranked and Social playlist set up, Halo 5 style Forge, Halo 5 weapon sandbox (I like how all weapons are visible but I would make Autos like the AR, SMG etc and the sword and shotguns loose the zoom) Halo 1-4 animation for zooming style, aka NO ADS and have a good amount and ranked and social playlist at launch.

Now if 343I/MS use all this as a base template for making a Halo game and add in a few more things as well (nothing game changing like perks or load outs or some garbage like this) I'll eat my shirt if it doesn't sell well. I'm also willing to bet that the majority of people will like that type of Halo game.

So I guess my answer is Classic style with dashes of new :)
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Though I am so a halo2 person, I gotta say, 343 made a major step forward from halo 4 with halo 5. I still think the classics are the best though
I totally agree with you! But Halo 5 could be better. Halo 5 has more potential. If 343 make Halo 6 with a pretty similar MP and some gameplay adjustement (25m radar) + similar level design of Halo CE and similar story line of Halo 4 + bringing back Flood! Flood needs to return! And the CE shotgun.
Yes you are exactly right. Halo 5 could have been 2x better. Yes it needs CE level design and halo 4 storytelling, And YES! The flood was always my favorite. I just hate the promethians, and the flood should totally replace them. I do see why they took out the CE shotgun though. It's range was about on par with the MA5B assault rifle. But it would be a cool mythic REQ weapon maybe.
One thing I just have to say: lots of people like halo 5 forge. I just HATE it so much. I got so used to reach forge and now I am a total stranger to the halo 5 forge system. Plz bring
back reach forge
5 just doesn't feel the same😞
UTR Noir wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Yes you are exactly right. Halo 5 could have been 2x better. Yes it needs CE level design and halo 4 storytelling, And YES! The flood was always my favorite. I just hate the promethians, and the flood should totally replace them. I do see why they took out the CE shotgun though. It's range was about on par with the MA5B assault rifle. But it would be a cool mythic REQ weapon maybe.
Yep, I would love to have that as a mythic REQ. It's pretty sick if you have a Halo game where you can use a classic CE weapon and a classic H2 weapon. CE pistol and CE shotgun would be pretty damn badass in infection or a campaign mission fighting on the new ring in Halo 5s ending cutscene
I like parts of classic and parts of new. For Halo 6 to be better, they need the right balance of the new and the old stuff, to keep veterans happy, and make people come into the Halo series, and to make it feel unique.
As well as bring back the casual playlists. The game doesn't need to be built around competitive play like Halo 5 is
Exactly. Making social playlists without the invisible ranks put on them like in Halo 3. Halo 5 completely nails competitive stuff, but fails on social stuff.
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Lanzerat wrote:
UTR Noir wrote:
Yep, I would love to have that as a mythic REQ. It's pretty sick if you have a Halo game where you can use a classic CE weapon and a classic H2 weapon. CE pistol and CE shotgun would be pretty damn badass in infection or a campaign mission fighting on the new ring in Halo 5s ending cutscene
YES!! That would be great. The CE shotgun was essential when fighting the flood.
There is almost Zero blood in Halo 5 though. I could definitely go for more blood and guts in Halo
Maybe in the next Halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15